Just noticed something wrong...

This forum is for making test posts, requesting assistance, and making suggestions

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Rob-TheStormChaser

Just noticed something wrong...

#1 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:01 pm

I'm not sure if this is isolated or not, but I made a post in Off Topic and under the poll thread about when the war will start.

First of all, how long is the windo of opportunity before the post cannot be deleted? A few hours? 6 hours? 12?

Also, I just posted under that thread and there is no 'X' in the upper right hand corner showing at all.

Could this be a flaw under only poll threads? Seems like I caught another bug possibly!

Try for yourself and post an answer and see if I'm crazy or not.
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby mf_dolphin » Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:10 pm

I just checked your post and it shows an x just fine. There are no limits on deleting posts as far as I know. The only time limits at from post to post. That is currently set for 5 seconds. There is a possibility that the x may not show till after that. I definitely wouldn't classify that as a "big time problem" ... I think you're looking for faults now lol
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#3 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:23 pm

lol well I mightve overhyped it, but the thing is still not showing. Its a large problem for me...lol After 9100 posts, you'd think I could delete a few or revamp them, but for some reason I couldnt there.

Also there's still posts not showing as new and I have to read the names most recently in those areas that have posted...this is getting tricky

Another question:

Why cant the most recent post within the forums be moved to the top? Seems like some are newr posted below older ones and this is screwing me up as well since the new post icon isnt coming on either! lol Ahhhhhhh
0 likes   

StormCrazyIowan
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby StormCrazyIowan » Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:28 pm

The old ones at the top are announcements, lol, Rob! Must you pick at everything?! :lol:
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#5 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:33 pm

Not the announcements...I've seen this all day today....things from March 16th below March 15th replies in all the forums and they are not announcements...they are regular threads. With this posting update thing going on I guess I'm the only one that notices the jumbled posting orders as well. They work most of the time, but since this morning they are sporadic.
0 likes   

StormCrazyIowan
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby StormCrazyIowan » Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:38 pm

Hmm, I havent seen anything out of place, but then again, I can't be on that much, so who knows!
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#7 Postby chadtm80 » Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:38 pm

Tell me exactly where you see non anouncement posts that are older above newer posts
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#8 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:44 pm

In Greetings earlier this morning they were all askew! Anyhow they are all in order for now, but it seems as though all of the unanswered posts that are accented as not being replied to or just new posts....when I log off and come back, it wipes the board clean and no new posts show.
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#9 Postby chadtm80 » Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:46 pm

I suggest everyone check the auto log me in each time.... If that is selected then the unread posts should still be there when you return for sure..
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#10 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Sun Mar 16, 2003 9:06 pm

Mine is definitely checked....just seems isolated this morning with all of this and I still cant see a damn X on that poll thread lol
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#11 Postby mf_dolphin » Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:01 pm

I guess you're the ony one seeing this Rob. I have checked all the forums and don't see anything askew. As far as the other. If there are new posts that you haven't read and you log-off, when you comes back in those posts won't be highlighted. This is the way the board has worked for me since the beginning :D

We want to know when things aren't working but how about taking it easy on the hype?
Its a large problem for me...lol After 9100 posts, you'd think I could delete a few or revamp them, but for some reason I couldnt there.
Why is this a large problem? Can you not edit your posts or just in that one thread you can't delete a single post?
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#12 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:07 pm

Still now delete function for that thread...I cant figure for the life of me why that is. I know JQ also noted the same problems and its just a matter of being on here and across all the forums for lengths of time that I see this. Beats me.
0 likes   

#13 Postby Guest » Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:11 pm

Rob,

My suggestion - maybe you are going too quickly on the message board and you aren't giving it enough time to response. Please MF and Chad try to do the best they can do - but they do this out of the desire for Storm2k - no pay and lots of time developing and maintaining everything - and they both have families and jobs. So I am asking you if you have problems - can you email any of us or PM us.

So maybe you can take my advice - slow down a little and give the site time to response to your request.

Patricia aka Ticka1
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#14 Postby mf_dolphin » Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:13 pm

Again, is it just the one post in the thread that you can't delete on any of them? Can you edit the post you can't delete?
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#15 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:16 pm

I dont think my speed of replies has anything to do with a delete icon not showing up in the actual post for me to delete with. Its still not showing and I just think this is strange. Also I know I'm not the only one seeing these problems, but may be the 1st to point them out. My suggestion is that people need to tell you guys these things either as a heads up or just as a courtesy. Thats all I'm trying to do. My speeds posting on here never caused me any problems at all. Its within the forums themselves....especially if others are experiencing the same things as I am.
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#16 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:18 pm

Yes the edit is there, but why not the delete? I dont mean to dwell and piss people off with my cries like I'm the only one noticing these problems here. I was told to give a shout out when something like this happens so we all can enjoy the experience. I'm not seeing things.
0 likes   

JQ Public
Category 5
Category 5

#17 Postby JQ Public » Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:19 pm

actually...i tried deleting smthg and it said that i couldnt' delete anylonger b/c someone had replied to my post. I guess once someone votes in a poll or replies after you you can't delete it?
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#18 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:21 pm

http://www.storm2k.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=49708#49708

here is the thread once again that shows no deletes on ANY of my posts within the entire thread itself.
0 likes   

StormCrazyIowan
Category 5
Category 5

#19 Postby StormCrazyIowan » Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:22 pm

Yes, I know that is true, JQ. As far as problems, I am not having any on my end, but I believe ya Rob, computers and things like these just get finnicky sometimes!
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#20 Postby chadtm80 » Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:23 pm

But its just that one solitary post right?? Im sorry, we can usually fix just about everything that needs to be fixed around here... but on this one we just have no clue.. sorry.... Do you need the topic post deleted?? if so just let me know... If not then we will just leave it and say it is just one of those things...

If all the other ones show it for you, then were all set. :wink:
0 likes   

Return to “Tests, Help, & Suggestions”