Able to delete our posts in some forums, not others

This forum is for making test posts, requesting assistance, and making suggestions

Moderator: S2k Moderators

ColdFront77

Able to delete our posts in some forums, not others

#1 Postby ColdFront77 » Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:15 pm

Is there any particular reason why we are only allowed to delete (our own) posts from only certain forums? Sometimes members may want to delete one of their posts, and either repost one soon afterward/or at some point.

For example, I am allowed to delete a post I make in this forum (the Tips, Help, and Test forum), but not the Off Topic forum.

Thank you in advance. :)
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby mf_dolphin » Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:56 pm

Once someone has responded to your post I don't think that you can delete it. I will try an confirm this with Chad but I know this came up once before. Mods and Admins can delete in these cases. I'm sure if you cpntact one of them them will be happy to assist. :-)
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#3 Postby ColdFront77 » Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:01 pm

There was a thread this evening (not sure exactly which one now) that had no responses and the "x" wasn't available for me to click to delete my post.

Thanks, Marshall. :)
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby chadtm80 » Thu Apr 24, 2003 9:00 am

mf is correct, that is how the board is set up... I dont know why you would not be able to delete the one that you said no one responded to.. Maybe there is a time limit as well that i am not aware of.. I will do some deeper checking, but for now, like mf said, just PM one of the mods or admins and ask them to delete them for you if you need it deleted
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#5 Postby ColdFront77 » Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:43 pm

Okay, I figured there was a time limit. Thank you Chad.
0 likes   

Return to “Tests, Help, & Suggestions”