ATL : TROPICAL DEPRESSION BONNIE - MODELS

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Dean4Storms
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#701 Postby Dean4Storms » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:02 pm

With Bonnie still tracking NW I cannot help but think the models shift even further east maybe centralized more toward MS when it is all said and done.
0 likes   

ROCK
Category 5
Category 5

Re: ATL : TROPICAL STORM BONNIE - MODELS

#702 Postby ROCK » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:07 pm

the model (that cannot be named) :lol: lost Bonnie on its last night run right around Cuba....totally lost it....I would suggest you watch the water vapor loop and you will see what I mean...
0 likes   

CYCLONE MIKE
Category 5
Category 5

#703 Postby CYCLONE MIKE » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:15 pm

Looks like Bonnie is about to be decapitated from the north and east.
0 likes   

Ivanhater
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#704 Postby Ivanhater » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:33 pm

FWIW, the 00Z Nam landfalls an area of sprinkles around MS, but the of more importance is the erosion of the ridge in 3 days

0 likes   
Michael

Wx_Warrior
Category 5
Category 5

#705 Postby Wx_Warrior » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:57 pm

0 likes   

caneman

#706 Postby caneman » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:59 pm

ROCK wrote:the model (that cannot be named) :lol: lost Bonnie on its last night run right around Cuba....totally lost it....I would suggest you watch the water vapor loop and you will see what I mean...

Rock, no need to name it. We're all wellllllll aware of which model you are refering to or er... like. You know the West biased one that always has it eyes eyes on Texas. :wink: At this hour. it's looking more and more like LA. or MS.
0 likes   

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#707 Postby southerngale » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:20 pm

caneman wrote:
ROCK wrote:the model (that cannot be named) :lol: lost Bonnie on its last night run right around Cuba....totally lost it....I would suggest you watch the water vapor loop and you will see what I mean...

Rock, no need to name it. We're all wellllllll aware of which model you are refering to or er... like. You know the West biased one that always has it eyes eyes on Texas. :wink: At this hour. it's looking more and more like LA. or MS.

Except it's been on Mexico for the past few storms and he still loved it then. Can we please end all this crap? It's getting old!
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

caneman

#708 Postby caneman » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:29 pm

southerngale wrote:
caneman wrote:

Except it's been on Mexico for the past few storms and he still loved it then. Can we please end all this crap? It's getting old!

Hmmm. Sounds good to me. No need to stick up for Rock but since you are, could you please stick up for us folks that are tired of the snide comments (like the one he posted above) it gets old. Dare anyone disagrees with the Euro - gasp........ I'm all for getting back to model consesus. Would be good for a change :D
0 likes   

Wx_Warrior
Category 5
Category 5

#709 Postby Wx_Warrior » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:49 pm

I love the EURO more than Rock (sorry homey)...I haven't seen anyone taking up for anybody on here. Just because he believes in a model doesn't make him a bad guy. Kind of like some loving the NAM, GFS or CMC.

What's tiring is ready threads of people hating on that model then want to argue against it. Or reading posts about every invest is going to blow up into Katrina, Rita or Ike.

Don't take it personal. Or don't respond to a post with EURO in it.

With that said....GFS PARA will run shortly.
0 likes   

KFDM Meteorologist
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#710 Postby KFDM Meteorologist » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:50 pm

I know one thing if its a Major Hurricane or big storm the EURO is the model of choice!! Bonnie is so small and pitiful i'm surprised ANY model shows it.
0 likes   

Wx_Warrior
Category 5
Category 5

#711 Postby Wx_Warrior » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:51 pm

gfs 0z PARA 36h

0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#712 Postby cycloneye » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:52 pm

Please,lets not start those model wars again.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Wx_Warrior
Category 5
Category 5

#713 Postby Wx_Warrior » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:55 pm

I've said my peace....

GFS OPs 60h

0 likes   

caneman

#714 Postby caneman » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:57 pm

Wx_Warrior wrote:I love the EURO more than Rock (sorry homey)...I haven't seen anyone taking up for anybody on here. Just because he believes in a model doesn't make him a bad guy. Kind of like some loving the NAM, GFS or CMC.

What's tiring is ready threads of people hating on that model then want to argue against it. Or reading posts about every invest is going to blow up into Katrina, Rita or Ike.

Don't take it personal. Or don't respond to a post with EURO in it.

With that said....GFS PARA will run shortly.

Not taking it personally. They have done well lately. It's just talked about to the point of nausea. Last I checked the NHC still takes a blend of a all and for good reason. As Steve pointed out earlier with as much W.GOM activiy as there has been lately it would make sense the EURO would be more right. If we had more recurves or E.Gom storms I would expect the right biased models to be right. I really enjoy the unbiased post where posters forecast or believe in a model that doesn't point to their state. The frustrating past for me is trying to read through the fluff.
0 likes   

Wx_Warrior
Category 5
Category 5

#715 Postby Wx_Warrior » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:58 pm

gfs para 42h

0 likes   

Wx_Warrior
Category 5
Category 5

#716 Postby Wx_Warrior » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:04 pm

gfs ops 66h (landfall)

0 likes   

Wx_Warrior
Category 5
Category 5

#717 Postby Wx_Warrior » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:09 pm

gfs para 54h

0 likes   

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#718 Postby southerngale » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:16 pm

caneman wrote:Not taking it personally. They have done well lately. It's just talked about to the point of nausea. Last I checked the NHC still takes a blend of a all and for good reason. As Steve pointed out earlier with as much W.GOM activiy as there has been lately it would make sense the EURO would be more right. If we had more recurves or E.Gom storms I would expect the right biased models to be right. I really enjoy the unbiased post where posters forecast or believe in a model that doesn't point to their state. The frustrating past for me is trying to read through the fluff.

I agree. I know all this was originated in good fun, but for the sake of everyone's sanity, maybe we could let the love of particular models subside for a while.... it's driving everyone nuts.

Personally, I don't understand the love for one model, or the hate for one model. They're ALL tools and have their own biases, strengths, and weaknesses, etc.

People open this thread to get information and discussion on the latest model runs. We've had more than a few complaints about the bickering and such. So let's get back to posting model runs and analyzing them. Thanks! :)
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

ROCK
Category 5
Category 5

#719 Postby ROCK » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:20 pm

nice to see I can be the topic if discussion....even when I not here. :D
0 likes   

caneman

#720 Postby caneman » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:20 pm

[quote="Wx_Warrior"]gfs para 54h

Wow, it's really picking up speed. Is that a La/MS landfall point?
0 likes   

Return to “2010”