Re: ATL: TROPICAL DEPRESSION BONNIE - DISCUSSION

#3121 Postby HurrMark » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:22 pm

Bones-ie for Bonnie...
0 likes   

ConvergenceZone
Category 5
Category 5

#3122 Postby ConvergenceZone » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:19 pm

Glad to hear it's finally dead as many said it would be..., that will stop all of the "give it a chance" posts from rolling in.............
0 likes   

StormClouds63
Category 2
Category 2

#3123 Postby StormClouds63 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:34 pm

Wxman57 called it. Turn out the lights, the party's over .... for Bonnie, anyway. The ULL wins in the end. Now, perhaps a 2-3 week wait for Colin. Another Bonnie in 2016, unless the Mayans really are right about 2012 :D
0 likes   

KWT
Category 5
Category 5

#3124 Postby KWT » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:57 pm

Who knows when Colin will come, may have to wait a month, may see it next week, tropics like to flip a 180 quite often!

Anyway Bonnie more or less gone now, still worst while watching it as it enhances storm risk for the coastal states but not much else to watch with Bonnie.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products

Stormcenter
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3125 Postby Stormcenter » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:31 pm

Hmmmm you know as long as it has a circulation and it's over water
you got to keep an open eye. But anyway as stated back on Wednesday
97L (now Bonnie)was going to have a rough ride throughout it's lifetime and she did.
Let'e hope we have a lot more Bonnie's this season.
0 likes   

KWT
Category 5
Category 5

#3126 Postby KWT » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:36 pm

The fact it made it to Bonnie in the first place was more then waht nearly all the models were suggesting for this system...also quite cool to see it did in the end hit S.Florida, first offical landfalling TS of the season for the US, hopefully the last but I have doubts...
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products

Ivanhater
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#3127 Postby Ivanhater » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:40 pm

Bonnie was a good lesson for all of us for the rest of the season as far as persistence (she never really should have been alive in that environment) and also steering . Wxman and others pointed out the central gulf states would be at risk this year and this showed that.

I hope everyone stays safe this season because it has been warned over and over, the big ones are coming...
0 likes   
Michael

Steve
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re:

#3128 Postby Steve » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:49 pm

ConvergenceZone wrote:Glad to hear it's finally dead as many said it would be..., that will stop all of the "give it a chance" posts from rolling in.............

While I think I maybe saw one or two of those posts this morning, what difference in a thousand years does it make to you? Why be a chump about it?

Oh, and here is the final death rattle of Bonnie. http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/flt/t1/flash-ft.html
0 likes   

TTARider
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

Re: Re:

#3129 Postby TTARider » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:22 pm

Steve wrote:
ConvergenceZone wrote:Glad to hear it's finally dead as many said it would be..., that will stop all of the "give it a chance" posts from rolling in.............

While I think I maybe saw one or two of those posts this morning, what difference in a thousand years does it make to you? Why be a chump about it?

Oh, and here is the final death rattle of Bonnie. http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/flt/t1/flash-ft.html

I happened to agree with cZone on this one.. The posts like that rank right up there with the wish-casting for me..

****** Edited this post... Iwas in a sour mood when I posted.. Apologies to Steve
Last edited by TTARider on Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   
- TTARider

ROCK
Category 5
Category 5

#3130 Postby ROCK » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:32 pm

Ivanhater wrote:Bonnie was a good lesson for all of us for the rest of the season as far as persistence (she never really should have been alive in that environment) and also steering . Wxman and others pointed out the central gulf states would be at risk this year and this showed that.

I hope everyone stays safe this season because it has been warned over and over, the big ones are coming...

landfalling TC predictions is like throwing darts. WXMN knows this as well as all the other independant agencys out there..Thats why they use the words "we think" "its possible" etc etc..its all about timing and evolution of the upper air pattern on close approach..

IMO, all GOM states are at risk not just central gulf states....

Got to stick up for us Texas folks you know, Ivan.... :lol:
Last edited by ROCK on Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

ConvergenceZone
Category 5
Category 5

#3131 Postby ConvergenceZone » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:36 pm

Steve wrote:

I'm not talking about this morning Steve, just talking about late yesterday and last night. There was just lots of wishcasting "give it a chance" posts going on when it was dying, when it was apparent that the ULL had won out..... Most tropical storms you can never say "never" about, but when looking at Bonnie last night, it was very difficult to identify it and the ULL wasn't going anywhere, it had everything stacked against it.....I guess I'm very sensitive because of
the oil leak, and the horrible results that would have come had the ULL not killed it.
0 likes   

bob rulz
Category 5
Category 5

#3132 Postby bob rulz » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:52 pm

People have a tendency to get way too sensitive to 1 or 2 posts on this board. It's part of why I don't post here as much as I could.

We should all just be glad that the ULL was there and stuck with Bonnie along its entire path. That would be a scary track if it were even a minimal hurricane.
0 likes   

KWT
Category 5
Category 5

#3133 Postby KWT » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:53 pm

Some weak sheared convection trying to develop but probably isn't enough for ole Bonnie. We will see these flare ups every now and then as you usually do with wave features.
0 likes   

Steve
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3134 Postby Steve » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:19 pm

I hear you on that CZ. I didn't personally think it had a chance. I was still watching it because remnant lows are pretty cool to follow and aren't usually up in the northern gulf. It's all good.
0 likes   

shell70
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#3135 Postby shell70 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:20 pm

Reminds me of a sunny summer day here along the coast of Alabama. Hit and miss showers with potential of strong thunderstorms. Spanish Fort and Daphne got a lot of rain and south of Fairhope did not get any. That is the way it goes.
0 likes   

Cookie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3136 Postby Cookie » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:23 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE&feature=avmsc2[/youtube]

just for Bonnie
0 likes   

Stormcenter
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3137 Postby Stormcenter » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:30 pm

Yeah right like we don't any wish-casting on this board. :roll:

TTARider wrote:
Steve wrote:

I happened to agree with cZone on this one.. The posts like that rank right up there with the wish-casting for me..

Wouldn't expect someone from SR.Com to understand that... They only breed ignorance a delusion over there..
Last edited by Stormcenter on Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#3138 Postby tolakram » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:52 pm

Give it a chance .... :ggreen:

0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

KWT
Category 5
Category 5

#3139 Postby KWT » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:02 pm

Last gasp bursting, will possibly see land friction try to tighten it up one last time.
0 likes   

wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#3140 Postby wxman57 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:05 pm

ROCK wrote:
Ivanhater wrote:Bonnie was a good lesson for all of us for the rest of the season as far as persistence (she never really should have been alive in that environment) and also steering . Wxman and others pointed out the central gulf states would be at risk this year and this showed that.

landfalling TC predictions is like throwing darts. WXMN knows this as well as all the other independant agencys out there..Thats why they use the words "we think" "its possible" etc etc..its all about timing and evolution of the upper air pattern on close approach..

IMO, all GOM states are at risk not just central gulf states....

Got to stick up for us Texas folks you know, Ivan.... :lol:

Landfall prediction areas are based upon analog year landfalls. Taking a look at all the years with a similar pattern going into the start of the season, there were significant impacts across the Caribbean, the SE U.S., and the northern Mexico coast south of Brownsville. Of course, that doesn't guarantee that only those areas will be hit. Bonnie and Alex are demonstrating that things will be getting quite interesting in the Gulf next month when the shear drops.
0 likes   

Return to “2010”