ATL: INVEST 95L - Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

Re: ATL: INVEST 95L - Discussion

#401 Postby wxman57 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:14 pm

Squalls from 95L are impacting only the southern quarter of the peninsula. There's a big gap between them and the approaching squall line ahead of the cold front (which is just passing Apalachicola now).
0 likes   

psyclone
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#402 Postby psyclone » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:29 pm

the conch republic is about to get bombed. it looks like the threat for heavy weather continues to shrink southward...probably from about palm beach to naples and south, with the keys really cashing in. we've had a few sprinkles in north st pete but otherwise it's been pretty nice here today. we'll have to wait for the prefrontal squall line around here... i suspect.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.
0 likes   

VeniceInlet
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#403 Postby VeniceInlet » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:37 pm

Just overcast here in Venice, not very dark. No thunderstorms, occasional gusts but nothing much at all. Sun just tried poking through.
0 likes   

ronjon
Category 5
Category 5

#404 Postby ronjon » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:43 pm

Buoy 106 nm W-NW of Tampa - pressure falling rapidly at 29.59. winds gusting near gale force.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/show_plot.php?station=42036&meas=wdpr&uom=E&time_diff=-4&time_label=EDT
0 likes   

Dave
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#405 Postby Dave » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:51 pm

BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED
SPECIAL MARINE WARNING
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
335 PM EDT TUE OCT 18 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MIAMI HAS ISSUED A

* SPECIAL MARINE WARNING FOR...
COASTAL WATERS FROM CHOKOLOSKEE TO BONITA BEACH FL
WILDERNESS WATERWAY NORTH TO CHOKOLOSKEE FL OUT 20 NM
WATERS FROM CHOKOLOSKEE TO BONITA BEACH FL FROM 20 TO 60 NM

* UNTIL 530 PM EDT
* AT 329 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A
LINE OF THUNDERSTORMS...CAPABLE OF PRODUCING WATERSPOUTS... FROM
27 NM WEST OF NAPLES TO 32 NM SOUTHWEST OF CAPE ROMANO...MOVING
NORTHEAST AT 25 KNOTS. STRONG WINDS OF 35 TO 45 KNOTS ARE ALSO
LIKELY IN THE STRONGEST THUNDERSTORMS.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

WATERSPOUTS CAN EASILY OVERTURN BOATS AND CREATE LOCALLY HAZARDOUS
SEAS. YOUR BEST COURSE OF EVASIVE ACTION IF THREATENED BY A
WATERSPOUT IS TO MOVE AT A 90 DEGREE ANGLE FROM ITS APPARENT
MOVEMENT. SEEK SAFE HARBOR IMMEDIATELY.
0 likes   
This post is NOT AN OFFICIAL FORECAST and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Rainband

#406 Postby Rainband » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:51 pm

ronjon wrote:Buoy 106 nm W-NW of Tampa - pressure falling rapidly at 29.59. winds gusting near gale force.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/show_plot.php?station=42036&meas=wdpr&uom=E&time_diff=-4&time_label=EDT
pressure here is 29.57 and gusts up to 25ish. From My weather Station on Wunderground

0 likes   

Dave
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#407 Postby Dave » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:52 pm

SPECIAL MARINE WARNING
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAMPA BAY AREA - RUSKIN FL
316 PM EDT TUE OCT 18 2011
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN RUSKIN HAS ISSUED A
WATERS FROM BONITA BEACH TO ENGLEWOOD FL OUT 20 TO 60 NM...
COASTAL WATERS FROM BONITA BEACH TO ENGLEWOOD FL OUT 20 NM...
INCLUDING CAPTIVA AND GASPARILLA ISLAND...
* UNTIL 415 PM EDT
* AT 314 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A
THUNDERSTORM...PRODUCING STRONG WINDS 34 KNOTS OR GREATER... 29 NM
SOUTHWEST OF SANIBEL..MOVING NORTHEAST AT 35 KNOTS.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...
CONDITIONS ARE FAVORABLE FOR THE FORMATION OF WATERSPOUTS.
0 likes   
This post is NOT AN OFFICIAL FORECAST and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

otowntiger
Category 5
Category 5

#408 Postby otowntiger » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:54 pm

So much for that 100% chance of rain today here in Orlando. Hillarious! The sun is shining brightly. Not a drop all day. I know we will still get some rain from the front coming tonight or later, but boy the local stations had us thinking it was going to be an all day washout. The affects of this system really sank south. I think our local mets and NWS should just consult wxman57 from now on. :wink:
0 likes   

Dave
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#409 Postby Dave » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:57 pm

SPECIAL MARINE WARNING
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE KEY WEST FL
348 PM EDT TUE OCT 18 2011
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN KEY WEST HAS ISSUED A

GULF WATERS FROM EAST CAPE SABLE TO CHOKOLOSKEE 20 TO 60 NM OUT AND
BEYOND 5 FATHOMS...STRAITS OF FLORIDA FROM WEST END OF SEVEN MILE BRIDGE TO SOUTH OF HALFMOON SHOAL OUT 20 NM... HAWK CHANNEL FROM WEST END OF SEVEN MILE BRIDGE TO HALFMOON SHOAL OUT TO THE REEF... STRAITS OF FLORIDA FROM WEST END OF SEVEN MILE BRIDGE TO SOUTH OF HALFMOON SHOAL 20 TO 60 NM OUT...STRAITS OF FLORIDA FROM HALFMOON SHOAL TO 20 NM WEST OF DRY TORTUGAS OUT 20 NM... BAYSIDE AND GULF SIDE FROM CRAIG KEY TO HALFMOON SHOAL OUT TO 5 FATHOMS...

* UNTIL 445 PM EDT
* AT 345 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE METEOROLOGISTS DETECTED AN
AREA OF STRONG WINDS OVER 35 KNOTS 10 NAUTICAL MILES SOUTHEAST OF
TWENTY-EIGHT FOOT SHOAL LIGHT...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 25 KNOTS.
0 likes   

psyclone
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#410 Postby psyclone » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:01 pm

otowntiger wrote:So much for that 100% chance of rain today here in Orlando. Hillarious! The sun was even out just a little while ago. Not a drop all day. I know we will still get some rain from the front coming tonight or later, but boy the local stations had us thinking it was going to be an all day washout. The affects of this system really sank south. I think our local mets and NWS should just consult wxman57 from now on. :wink:

i had a feeling last night that might happen. this morning i was confident enough to leave my umbrella at home. we may have a decent line move through overnight though...followed by a good blast of cool, fall weather.
0 likes   

otowntiger
Category 5
Category 5

#411 Postby otowntiger » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:05 pm

psyclone wrote:
otowntiger wrote:So much for that 100% chance of rain today here in Orlando. Hillarious! The sun was even out just a little while ago. Not a drop all day. I know we will still get some rain from the front coming tonight or later, but boy the local stations had us thinking it was going to be an all day washout. The affects of this system really sank south. I think our local mets and NWS should just consult wxman57 from now on. :wink:

i had a feeling last night that might happen. this morning i was confident enough to leave my umbrella at home. we may have a decent line move through overnight though...followed by a good blast of cool, fall weather.

I'm all for that! 8-) :wink:
0 likes   

Canelaw99
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#412 Postby Canelaw99 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:15 pm

Here in Homestead we've had some rain this morning, then clearing through the afternoon. Within the last 30-45 min it has gotten darker. I'm sure it's that approaching squall line, though it looks like once that line comes through, that will be it for the night. Of course, I may be wrong on that. I know we have a flood watch until tomorrow morning, and tornado watch until 10pm.
0 likes   

Sanibel
Category 5
Category 5

#413 Postby Sanibel » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:17 pm

Getting blasted by rain and gusts from the SE here.
0 likes   

SkeetoBite
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#414 Postby SkeetoBite » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:11 pm

Sitting on the boat in the Marina (Longboat Key), and rocking around pretty good. Winds aren't really that high though. "Extra" high tide being pushed in to Sarasota Bay, but nothing to be alarmed about. Looks to be about 4" above norm.

Came down to check the lines and add more as needed, but this is actually much lighter than typical fronts passing through or normal afternoon storms. :-)
0 likes   

Rainband

#415 Postby Rainband » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:13 pm

otowntiger wrote:So much for that 100% chance of rain today here in Orlando. Hillarious! The sun is shining brightly. Not a drop all day. I know we will still get some rain from the front coming tonight or later, but boy the local stations had us thinking it was going to be an all day washout. The affects of this system really sank south. I think our local mets and NWS should just consult wxman57 from now on. :wink:
I totally agree. He has taught me more from this event than any other source. For that matter more than I have learned thus far. Thanks Man
0 likes   

jlauderdal
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#416 Postby jlauderdal » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:22 pm

i think that flash flood watch for south florida will prove to be a bit aggressive
0 likes   

caneman

#417 Postby caneman » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:27 pm

Great job as usual WXMN57
0 likes   

AdamFirst
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#418 Postby AdamFirst » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:33 pm

Rains are beginning to taper off here but more is coming, for sure...
0 likes   
Dolphins Marlins Canes Golden Panthers HEAT
Andrew 1992 - Irene 1999 - Frances 2004 - Jeanne 2004 - Wilma 2005 - Fay 2008 - Isaac 2012 - Matthew 2016 - Irma 2017 - Dorian 2019 - Ian 2022 - Nicole 2022

CronkPSU
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#419 Postby CronkPSU » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:42 pm

otowntiger wrote:So much for that 100% chance of rain today here in Orlando. Hillarious! The sun is shining brightly. Not a drop all day. I know we will still get some rain from the front coming tonight or later, but boy the local stations had us thinking it was going to be an all day washout. The affects of this system really sank south. I think our local mets and NWS should just consult wxman57 from now on. :wink:

LOL I just postedthe exact same thing as my FB status and then yours is the first post I see on here! No teacher in the world would ever believe I didn't just plagiarize from your work!!!
0 likes   
Just like Jon Snow..."I know nothing" except what I know, and most of what I know is gathered by the fine people of the NHC

Rainband

#420 Postby Rainband » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:50 pm

jlauderdal wrote:i think that flash flood watch for south florida will prove to be a bit aggressive
i would rather it be more than less. :D
0 likes   

Return to “2011”