ATL: NADINE - Post-Tropical - Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

greenkat
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Re: ATL: FOURTEEN - Tropical Depression - Discussion

#121 Postby greenkat » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:57 pm

Cyclenall wrote: Is this still considered a fish storm if it hit/affected the Cape Verde Islands as a tropical wave?

Don't think so. Just me, though. :wink:
Last edited by tolakram on Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited quoted text
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org.

Hope this helped ;)

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re: ATL: NADINE - Tropical Storm - Discussion

#122 Postby cycloneye » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:10 pm

Beautiful storm that is organizing fast with the bands and CDO increasing. This is a saved animation.

0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

SouthDadeFish
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#123 Postby SouthDadeFish » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:56 pm

Beautiful banding structure:

0 likes   

Parungo
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

Re: ATL: INVEST 91L - Discussion

#124 Postby Parungo » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:10 am

wxman57 wrote:
AnnularCane wrote:TD now official, if anyone's interested.

Doesn't appear so.

Well, not so far... if GFS and Euro solutions are ok.

http://images.meteociel.fr/im/7432/gfs-0-168_nrq0.png

http://images.meteociel.fr/im/6144/ECM1-192_gtg9.GIF

From Spain, Parungo. :wink:
0 likes   

wolfpack2105
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#125 Postby wolfpack2105 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:43 am

curve, baby, curve!
0 likes   

CrazyC83
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#126 Postby CrazyC83 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:36 am

AL, 14, 2012091212, , BEST, 0, 187N, 470W, 50, 997, TS
0 likes   

CrazyC83
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#127 Postby CrazyC83 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:36 am

NADINE 14L T3.5/3.5 12/1145Z Atlantic
0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#128 Postby tolakram » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:10 pm

Latest

0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#129 Postby tolakram » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:17 pm

From the latest discussion:

IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT THE SHIPS RI INDEX IS STILL SHOWING A
SIGNIFICANT PROBABILITY OF RAPID INTENSIFICATION DURING THE NEXT 24
HOURS...SO THE OFFICIAL INTENSITY FORECAST FOR THE NEXT DAY OR TWO
COULD BE CONSERVATIVE.
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#130 Postby cycloneye » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:52 pm

18z Best Track is up to 55kts.

AL, 14, 2012091218, , BEST, 0, 196N, 482W, 55, 994, TS

ftp://ftp.nhc.noaa.gov/atcf/tcweb/inves ... 012.invest
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars

hurricanes1234
Category 5
Category 5

#131 Postby hurricanes1234 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:47 pm

Nadine is getting her act together fast. She's already a 65 mph system, after being only 45 mph just 12 hours ago. What a lovely fish storm we have!
0 likes   
PLEASE NOTE: With the exception of information from weather agencies that I may copy and paste here, my posts will NEVER be official, since I am NOT a meteorologist. They are solely my amateur opinion, and may or may not be accurate. Therefore, please DO NOT use them as official details, particularly when making important decisions. Thank you.

westwind
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#132 Postby westwind » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:56 pm

hurricanes1234 wrote:Nadine is getting her act together fast. She's already a 65 mph system, after being only 45 mph just 12 hours ago. What a lovely fish storm we have!

It might be a bit early to call Nadine a fish storm yet, it could well affect the Azores and possibly even Europe so I'm certainly going to be keeping an eye on this one.
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#133 Postby cycloneye » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:29 pm

Global Hawk completes Nadine mission.

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/hurri ... adine.html

NASA Global Hawk and Satellites Attend Tropical Storm Nadine's 'Birth'

Tropical Depression 14 strengthened into Tropical Storm Nadine while NASA's Hurricane Severe Storm Sentinel Mission, or HS3 mission, was in full-swing and NASA's Global Hawk aircraft captured the event. While the Global Hawk was gathering data over the storm, NASA satellites were also analyzing Nadine from space.

NASA's Global Hawk landed back at Wallops Flight Facility, Wallops Island, Va., after spending a full day gathering data from the 14th Atlantic Tropical Depression that strengthened into Tropical Storm Nadine during the morning hours of Sept. 12.

Complete mission path.

0 likes   

littlevince
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#134 Postby littlevince » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:36 pm

westwind wrote:It might be a bit early to call Nadine a fish storm yet, it could well affect the Azores and possibly even Europe so I'm certainly going to be keeping an eye on this one.

yep, it's a bit annoying to see people calling fish-storm when there are some solid models (ecmwf,gfs) consistently passing the storm at least close to Azores.

ECMWF 12z

http://www.meteopt.com/previsao/modelos/ecmwf/europa

GFS 12z:

http://www.meteopt.com/previsao/modelos ... la-iberica
0 likes   

psyclone
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#135 Postby psyclone » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:48 pm

Nadine is impressive. even if we don't have another storm the rest of the season, the 2012 hurricane season has been more active than i imagined. even if el nino exerts influence over the latter part of the season, it is likely we'll still use a couple more names. in the meantime it will be interesting to see if Nadine can go through a period of RI and reach major status.
0 likes   

hurricanes1234
Category 5
Category 5

#136 Postby hurricanes1234 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:49 pm

Sorry if I "annoyed" anyone by calling it a fish storm - as far as I am concerned, everyone is free to have his/her own opinion.
0 likes   
PLEASE NOTE: With the exception of information from weather agencies that I may copy and paste here, my posts will NEVER be official, since I am NOT a meteorologist. They are solely my amateur opinion, and may or may not be accurate. Therefore, please DO NOT use them as official details, particularly when making important decisions. Thank you.

RL3AO
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#137 Postby RL3AO » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:49 pm

TROPICAL STORM NADINE ADVISORY NUMBER 6
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL142012
ISSUED BY THE HYDROMETEOROLOGICAL PREDICTION CENTER COLLEGE PARK MD
500 PM AST WED SEP 12 2012

FORECASTER ROTH/PASCH

Issued by thegreatdr himself.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=9077
0 likes   

brunota2003
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#138 Postby brunota2003 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:24 pm

Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Well...after this season kicking my rear repeatedly on RI forecasts...this might actually be the one that behaves (orrr...not. Who knows).

One admin note:
If Nadine strengthens 10 knots by 00Z (to 65 knots), she will have technically undergone RI (35 knots to 65 knots from 00Z 9/12 to 00Z 9/13). If Nadine strengthens 15 knots by 06Z (to 70 knots), she will have undergone RI (40 knots to 70 knots between 06Z 9/12 and 06Z 9/13). Data used is from the BT of the system.
ftp://ftp.nhc.noaa.gov/atcf/tcweb/inves ... 012.invest

RI is considered as an increase in wind speed of 30 knots or greater in a 24 hour period.

Now on to everything else. Nadine, unlike Leslie, is not forecast to stall and try to bring the cold North Atlantic waters all the way up to the surface. Likewise, unless an undersea volcano erupts and forms a giant island randomly, or the island from LOST shifts into the Atlantic, Nadine is not forecast to encounter land within at least the next 48 hours or so. Upper level conditions look good, with only some light wind shear to deal with over the next 36 to 48 hours. The only thing I'm concerned with is the dry air interfering with the inner core.

It looks like my indicator popped up around 2 pm EDT or so, and going off of that gives a start time to any RI of around 8 to 10 pm EDT. Using the 18Z Best Track intensity of 55 knots, that would put Nadine's intensity at a minimum of 85 knots by roughly 18Z tomorrow (21Z, if going off of advisories). Right now, I am going to go with 85 to 90 knots by then, especially with the fact this year's systems haven't been too kind to my RI forecasts.
0 likes   
Just a small town southern boy helping other humans.

Cyclenall
Category 5
Category 5

#139 Postby Cyclenall » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:50 pm

westwind wrote:
hurricanes1234 wrote:Nadine is getting her act together fast. She's already a 65 mph system, after being only 45 mph just 12 hours ago. What a lovely fish storm we have!

It might be a bit early to call Nadine a fish storm yet, it could well affect the Azores and possibly even Europe so I'm certainly going to be keeping an eye on this one.

littlevince wrote:yep, it's a bit annoying to see people calling fish-storm when there are some solid models (ecmwf,gfs) consistently passing the storm at least close to Azores.

Yes and I would go one step further than that and say Nadine already isn't a fish storm, it affected/hit the Cape Verde Islands as a TW. I guess some pretend those islands don't exist.

RL3AO wrote:TROPICAL STORM NADINE ADVISORY NUMBER 6
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL142012
ISSUED BY THE HYDROMETEOROLOGICAL PREDICTION CENTER COLLEGE PARK MD
500 PM AST WED SEP 12 2012

FORECASTER ROTH/PASCH

Issued by thegreatdr himself.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=9077

Is that the first time one of S2K's members have written an advisory or has it happened before? Since its from the HPC the likelyhood increases I guess. How do you know his name is Mr.Roth?

Now that Nadine has reached that magic number of 55 knots, it will struggle. It appears steady right now so the waiting begins on this one.... :larrow: NOT OFFICIAL!
0 likes   

hurricanes1234
Category 5
Category 5

#140 Postby hurricanes1234 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:11 pm

OK! I apologize for calling Nadine a fish storm - forget everything I said! I made a mistake - there is no need to emphasize that I am pretending the Cape-Verde islands don't exist. Act as though I never called Nadine a fish storm - it isn't! Now stop it please, it is not a good thing to judge and control people's opinions! Again, I apologize for making a mistake - I will never mention the term "fish storm" for Nadine again!
0 likes   

Return to “2012”