ATL: INVEST 97L

Moderator: S2k Moderators

brunota2003
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#41 Postby brunota2003 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:28 pm

Wow the BAMS is booking it! That is quite fast imo, and anything like that cant possibly keep a surface circulation intact.
0 likes   
Just a small town southern boy helping other humans.

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re:

#42 Postby cycloneye » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:32 pm

Hybridstorm_November2001 wrote:No matter what eventually happens, it is still rather interesting seeing something like this so early in the season. 8-)

Agree 100% on that. Since it left Africa it has mantained the circulation and that was when our friend Aric spotted it and made the thread at TT. :)
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Gustywind
Category 5
Category 5

#43 Postby Gustywind » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:39 pm

Anyway, an Invest is progressing towards the islands, always something to monitor carefully even if its "only the beginning" of the hurricane season.
0 likes   

meteortheologist
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

Re:

#44 Postby meteortheologist » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:41 pm

KWT wrote:Decent system, would be a real contender in August/September but as Wxman57 said, conditions very soon become horrid for this system. I'd be amazed if we got anything out of this.

you absolutely never know though. the creation of this system is just as unpredictable as its longevity and the path it will take
0 likes   

JGrin87
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Re: Re:

#45 Postby JGrin87 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:44 pm

meteortheologist wrote:
KWT wrote:Decent system, would be a real contender in August/September but as Wxman57 said, conditions very soon become horrid for this system. I'd be amazed if we got anything out of this.

you absolutely never know though. the creation of this system is just as unpredictable as its longevity and the path it will take

Given the environment 97 is heading in to, it pretty safe to say this is going anywhere. So, you kind of do know.
0 likes   

meteortheologist
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#46 Postby meteortheologist » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:49 pm

JGrin87 wrote:
meteortheologist wrote:

Given the environment 97 is heading in to, it pretty safe to say this is going anywhere. So, you kind of do know.

how can you say "safe to say this is going anywhere" and then follow it with "you kind of do know?"
my point is that these systems work in mysterious ways
0 likes   

JGrin87
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#47 Postby JGrin87 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:53 pm

Given the environment 97 is heading in to, it pretty safe to say this is going anywhere. So, you kind of do know.[/quote]
how can you say "safe to say this is going anywhere" and then follow it with "you kind of do know?"
my point is that these systems work in mysterious ways[/quote]

I think you misread what I said. This system is relatively predictable given the environment. I'd say close to 0% chance of development.

To say these systems "work is mysterious ways" is just flat out ignorant given the facts we have.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re: ATL: INVEST 97L

#48 Postby cycloneye » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:56 pm

:uarrow: Ok folks, let's end that discussion,thank you.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars

hurricaneCW
Category 5
Category 5

#49 Postby hurricaneCW » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:17 pm

The tropics can still be very much unpredictable so while theoretically the chances of development are near zero, saying definitely nothing will happen is still too bold to say.
0 likes   

abajan
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#50 Postby abajan » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:21 pm

@cycloneye
Please put a link to this thread in your closing post of the Strong Wave East of Windward Islands thread in the same manner that there's a link to that thread in your opening post of this thread. I had emailed a couple folks about this wave and included a link to the now closed Talking Tropics thread. So, it would be great if they could just click a link in your last post there to bring them here.
0 likes   

Gustywind
Category 5
Category 5

#51 Postby Gustywind » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:23 pm

abajan wrote:@cycloneye
Please put a link to this thread in your closing post of the Strong Wave East of Windward Islands thread in the same manner that there's a link to that thread in your opening post of this thread. I had emailed a couple folks about this wave and included a link to the now closed Talking Tropics thread. So, it would be great if they could just click a link in your last post there to bring them here.

:) Great idea Abajan :). I surely think that Cycloneye will help us in that way :D
0 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#52 Postby Aric Dunn » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:34 pm

looks like we will have to wait for 00z runs
0 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.
If there is nothing before... then just ask :)

Space & Atmospheric Physicist, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University,
I believe the sky is falling...

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#53 Postby cycloneye » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:37 pm

abajan wrote:@cycloneye

Done now. :) Thank you for alerting me of that as I forgot. :)
0 likes   

KWT
Category 5
Category 5

#54 Postby KWT » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:54 pm

The ECM is probably about the same speed as the BAM suite, reaches the E.Caribbean by Sunday night, so about 24hrs faster than the current forecasted estimates.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products

KWT
Category 5
Category 5

#55 Postby KWT » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:56 pm

Judging from the fact that the models are suggesting an area of heightened instability in the EPAC in the next 7-10 days, if this system can slow down in the Caribbean and gain enough latitude, it could be something to watch once it gets into the far W.Caribbean/BoC especially if those more favourable conditions do start to spread across somewhat.

I've already said personally what I think of this system in the next few days.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#56 Postby cycloneye » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:06 pm

You can see easily the TUTT trough.If it can survive that treck,then it may be in more favorable conditions and be SW of the ULL that can ventilate it.

0 likes   

Hurricane Andrew
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#57 Postby Hurricane Andrew » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:15 pm

Can you please show me where it is on that map, Cyclone?
0 likes   

The Enthusiast
NREMT-AEMT, WX nerd

Irene '11, Sandy '12, Irma '17 (SAR)

"Hard to think we were born to live this way..." -Wage War

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re:

#58 Postby cycloneye » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:16 pm

Hurricane Andrew wrote:Can you please show me where it is on that map, Cyclone?

Red dot at center of graphic.
0 likes   

Hurricane Andrew
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#59 Postby Hurricane Andrew » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:18 pm

No, the TUTT
0 likes   

The Enthusiast
NREMT-AEMT, WX nerd

Irene '11, Sandy '12, Irma '17 (SAR)

"Hard to think we were born to live this way..." -Wage War

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re:

#60 Postby cycloneye » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:22 pm

Hurricane Andrew wrote:No, the TUTT

Where you see the 40/30/20 lines to the upper left side is where the Tutt is located.
0 likes   

Return to “2012”