ATL: INVEST 91L

Moderator: S2k Moderators

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re:

#101 Postby northjaxpro » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:41 pm

Dean4Storms wrote:Jax. FL NWS Web Briefing on 91L.....

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/media/jax/vBrie ... /index.htm

This is an excellent briefing from my home NWS office.

The area is looking better to me this evening. I am in catch up mode as the tropics are really perculating right now after our lull in July. Ernesto slowly organizing in the Eastern Caribbean, 90L on the cusp of becoming another named storm out in the far tropical Atlantic, and now 91L in the Bahamas.

It is going to be some rather interesting days ahead!
0 likes   
NEVER, EVER SAY NEVER in the tropics and weather in general, and most importantly, with life itself!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Fay 2008 Beryl 2012 Debby 2012 Colin 2016 Hermine 2016 Julia 2016 Matthew 2016 Irma 2017 Dorian 2019

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Re:

#102 Postby chaser1 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:43 pm

JamesCaneTracker wrote:
BigB0882 wrote:It is also important to remember that the swampy area of Florida it is passing over is probably going to do very little to disturb this system since it is so unorganized as it is. If it should enter into the Gulf then it should have the ability to get cranking if conditions are right.

But if Ernesto Ramps up then conditions shouldn't be right for this area to develop as well... Ernesto should be sending outflow which would increase shear into the GoM if it becomes a Hurricane...

Earlier point is right on, regarding 91L being impacted when eventually moving over S. Florida. In fact, should upper air support continue to allow present bursting to continue & to the extent that a more evident LLC becomes established, than it would not surprise me at all if a tight/small COC were to develop prior to moving inland. No doubt we've seen cases where developing depressions just looked like they were wraping up right over our tepid soggy Everglades. Interestingly, if some deepening were to (or is) occuring, than this too might temporarily retard the systems WNW advancement (at least for a few more hours). I almost expect this to develop into a depression and would seem to very much fall within one of this season's "characteristic tracks". If so, parts of S. Florida get an additional 3"-5" of rain - no big deal; Of greater interest might be that it could be further indication of another (more significant) system to approach S. Florida over the next 10 weeks.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

smw1981
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Re:

#103 Postby smw1981 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:54 pm

JamesCaneTracker wrote:
BigB0882 wrote:It is also important to remember that the swampy area of Florida it is passing over is probably going to do very little to disturb this system since it is so unorganized as it is. If it should enter into the Gulf then it should have the ability to get cranking if conditions are right.

But if Ernesto Ramps up then conditions shouldn't be right for this area to develop as well... Ernesto should be sending outflow which would increase shear into the GoM if it becomes a Hurricane...

Depends on which one "wins" the race! If 91L is to be crossing the lower end of Florida Sunday night, she could win the race and could possibly stay ahead of Ernesto's outflow (if Ernesto even has outflow by then)..

*Disclaimer: Just my amateur opinion..nothing professional about it! :)
0 likes   

jlauderdal
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: ATL: INVEST 91L

#104 Postby jlauderdal » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:39 pm

NHC_DrRickKnabb2 mins
Air Force recon might investigate system off #Florida east coast Sat. afternoon: http://ow.ly/1OoGtD #tropics
0 likes   

ilovestorms
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#105 Postby ilovestorms » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:41 pm

jlauderdal wrote:NHC_DrRickKnabb2 mins
Air Force recon might investigate system off #Florida east coast Sat. afternoon: http://ow.ly/1OoGtD #tropics

? I thought I saw somewhere on here where that was already scheduled?
0 likes   

jlauderdal
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#106 Postby jlauderdal » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:47 pm

ilovestorms wrote:

could be but i saw that tweet roll in and thought it might be fresh info..anyway, I am surprised they are that interested in this wave but as usual lets see what tomorrow brings..these close in systems can die or develop quickly, maybe a td out of this thing
0 likes   

RL3AO
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#107 Postby RL3AO » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:49 pm

ilovestorms wrote:

They will cancel if its not needed.
0 likes   

jlauderdal
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#108 Postby jlauderdal » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:56 pm

RL3AO wrote:
ilovestorms wrote:

They will cancel if its not needed.

THIS FLIGHT HAS A LOW CHANCE...20 PERCENT...OF
BECOMING AIRBORNE DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS.
0 likes   

ilovestorms
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#109 Postby ilovestorms » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:06 pm

? I thought I saw somewhere on here where that was already scheduled?[/quote]

They will cancel if its not needed.[/quote]

THIS FLIGHT HAS A LOW CHANCE...20 PERCENT...OF
BECOMING AIRBORNE DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS.[/quote]

Yeah I knew they would cancel if not needed, but I did not see the "20% chance of being airborne" statement. I wish I could remember where on here I saw it so that it could be edited to include that statement so that it's not misleading to other people! Thanks for clarifying that! :D
0 likes   

RL3AO
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#110 Postby RL3AO » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:07 pm

ilovestorms wrote:
Yeah I knew they would cancel if not needed, but I did not see the "20% chance of being airborne" statement. I wish I could remember where on here I saw it so that it could be edited to include that statement so that it's not misleading to other people! Thanks for clarifying that! :D

That was a joke in the format of the TWO.
0 likes   

thetruesms
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#111 Postby thetruesms » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:26 pm

While we're making jokes, this isn't allowed to become a tropical cyclone - my briefing this morning said it wouldn't, and I won't be writing another one until Monday :lol:
0 likes   

hurricanes1234
Category 5
Category 5

#112 Postby hurricanes1234 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:35 pm

This system seems to be less organized now...we'll see what happens. If this develops though, it may wreak havoc on the nearby landmasses.
0 likes   
PLEASE NOTE: With the exception of information from weather agencies that I may copy and paste here, my posts will NEVER be official, since I am NOT a meteorologist. They are solely my amateur opinion, and may or may not be accurate. Therefore, please DO NOT use them as official details, particularly when making important decisions. Thank you.

fci
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#113 Postby fci » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:08 pm

This looks less menacing to me tonight but might spike up with daytime heat of the day Saturday. I'm not too concerned for South Florida due to it's proximity to the coast and I can't remember anything really popping up in the NW Bahamas that developed so rapidly as to cause a problem for my area. Now, if it crosses the Peninsula into the GOM, they could be a problem or if it moves North towards NE FL or the SE US coast. For South Florida no big whoop.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.
0 likes   

jinftl
Category 5
Category 5

#114 Postby jinftl » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:14 pm

Latest image

0 likes   

Tampa Bay Hurricane
Category 5
Category 5

#115 Postby Tampa Bay Hurricane » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:46 pm

MiamiWx Assessment was excellent and I agree that once the shear lets up and the ridge
builds in this could be a tropical storm moving into South Florida this weekend.
I'm not too worried about the wind, after all this is a tropical storm and nothing compared to the
major hurricanes that crossed the state in 04 and 05, but I do think
some areas could see some very heavy rain from this.
0 likes   

Hurricane Alexis
Category 2
Category 2

#116 Postby Hurricane Alexis » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:24 pm

Tampa Bay Hurricane wrote:MiamiWx Assessment was excellent and I agree that once the shear lets up and the ridge
builds in this could be a tropical storm moving into South Florida this weekend.
I'm not too worried about the wind, after all this is a tropical storm and nothing compared to the
major hurricanes that crossed the state in 04 and 05, but I do think
some areas could see some very heavy rain from this.

Possibly another Debby?
0 likes   

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: ATL: INVEST 91L - Models

#117 Postby chaser1 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:43 pm

Boy, 0Z GFS showing "very little love" for 91L. For that matter, seems rather unimpressed with any of our present players.
0 likes   

Hurricane Alexis
Category 2
Category 2

#118 Postby Hurricane Alexis » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:24 am

Where can i get the SHIPS shear forecast for this?
0 likes   

stormhunter7
Category 2
Category 2

#119 Postby stormhunter7 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:24 am

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/floater ... -long.html looks like 91L is moving up and is near northern islands of Bahamas now? 26n 78w area? **looks like the recent NAM run?
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products. http://www.nhc.noaa.gov

Hurricane Alexis
Category 2
Category 2

#120 Postby Hurricane Alexis » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:53 am

stormhunter7 wrote:http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/floaters/91L/flash-swir-long.html looks like 91L is moving up and is near northern islands of Bahamas now? 26n 78w area? **looks like the recent NAM run?

According to the Miami AFD it's gonna move in to SF as a tropical wave.
0 likes   

Return to “2012”