ATL: INVEST 95L

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Stormcenter
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: ATL: INVEST 95L

#141 Postby Stormcenter » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:23 pm

This is how 95L has been the last few days....it pulses up in the early a.m. and then down in the afternoon and evening hours. IMO
I'm not holding my breath for anything to develop but will still watch it just in case.

hurricanes1234 wrote:The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

I don't think this would develop anymore. Not only because there is dry air everywhere you look - but also because this system doesn't have the looks of an organizing system - cloudtops are warming and there is no well-defined circulation. It looked better a few hours ago, but now, things seem to be deteriorating a bit.
0 likes   

hurricanes1234
Category 5
Category 5

#142 Postby hurricanes1234 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:59 pm

:uarrow: Agreed, Stormcenter. :)
0 likes   
PLEASE NOTE: With the exception of information from weather agencies that I may copy and paste here, my posts will NEVER be official, since I am NOT a meteorologist. They are solely my amateur opinion, and may or may not be accurate. Therefore, please DO NOT use them as official details, particularly when making important decisions. Thank you.

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#143 Postby cycloneye » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:02 pm

10%.

SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE DISSIPATING NEAR A WEAK AREA OF LOW
PRESSURE LOCATED JUST OFF THE NORTHEASTERN COAST OF MEXICO.
DEVELOPMENT OF THIS DISTURBANCE IS NOT EXPECTED BEFORE THE CENTER
OF CIRCULATION MOVES INLAND ALONG THE MEXICAN COAST TONIGHT OR
EARLY WEDNESDAY. THIS SYSTEM HAS A LOW CHANCE...10 PERCENT...OF
BECOMING A TROPICAL CYCLONE DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS AS IT MOVES
SLOWLY SOUTHWESTWARD.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

hurricanes1234
Category 5
Category 5

#144 Postby hurricanes1234 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:14 pm

cycloneye wrote:10%.

SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE DISSIPATING NEAR A WEAK AREA OF LOW
PRESSURE LOCATED JUST OFF THE NORTHEASTERN COAST OF MEXICO.
DEVELOPMENT OF THIS DISTURBANCE IS NOT EXPECTED BEFORE THE CENTER
OF CIRCULATION MOVES INLAND ALONG THE MEXICAN COAST TONIGHT OR
EARLY WEDNESDAY. THIS SYSTEM HAS A LOW CHANCE...10 PERCENT...OF
BECOMING A TROPICAL CYCLONE DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS AS IT MOVES
SLOWLY SOUTHWESTWARD.

I don't blame the NHC for downgrading it to 10%, even while it was at 30%, it was opened most of the time and never really looked organized - just a blob of convection - but it was kind of uniquely structured at one point, because it resembled a dinosaur!
0 likes   
PLEASE NOTE: With the exception of information from weather agencies that I may copy and paste here, my posts will NEVER be official, since I am NOT a meteorologist. They are solely my amateur opinion, and may or may not be accurate. Therefore, please DO NOT use them as official details, particularly when making important decisions. Thank you.

hurricanes1234
Category 5
Category 5

#145 Postby hurricanes1234 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:40 pm

Well…goodbye 95L. At least it made it to 30%.
0 likes   

Return to “2012”