Moderator: S2k Moderators

euro6208
Category 5
Category 5

Re: WPAC: HAGUPIT - Typhoon

#661 Postby euro6208 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:50 am

strongest part of eyewall nearing land.
0 likes   
Remember, all of my post aren't official. For official warnings and discussions, Please refer to your local NWS products...

NWS for the Western Pacific

https://www.weather.gov/gum/

ozonepete
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

Re:

#662 Postby ozonepete » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:56 am

xtyphooncyclonex wrote:GFS run has near-landfall or landfall perhaps over the northern tip of Cebu

WINDS are getting stronger. It's getting scarier, but it's not yet it.

Ozonepete, just in case the GFS run would pan out, how strong would the winds be here?

Hey there friend! I hope you are staying safe and being careful. I'm getting quite sure that your sustained winds, which should come from the west, will not get higher than about 40-50 mph and your gusts 60 to 75 mph. Please keep us informed on your conditions once in a while but only when conditions are safe. But I think you have dodged a bullet here. :)
0 likes   

xtyphooncyclonex
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Re:

#663 Postby xtyphooncyclonex » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:59 am

ozonepete wrote:
xtyphooncyclonex wrote:GFS run has near-landfall or landfall perhaps over the northern tip of Cebu

WINDS are getting stronger. It's getting scarier, but it's not yet it.

Ozonepete, just in case the GFS run would pan out, how strong would the winds be here?

Hey there friend! I hope you are staying safe and being careful. I'm getting quite sure that your sustained winds, which should come from the west, will not get higher than about 40-50 mph and your gusts 60 to 75 mph. Please keep us informed on your conditions once in a while but only when conditions are safe. But I think you have dodged a bullet here. :)

Northern tip of Cebu? Oh thanks :D

I think the winds here could be stronger, gusts now are 30+ mph.

But yeah technically I dodged a bullet
0 likes   
REMINDER: My opinions that I, or any other NON Pro-Met in this forum, are unofficial. Please do not take my opinions as an official forecast and warning. I am NOT a meteorologist. Following my forecasts blindly may lead to false alarm, danger and risk if official forecasts from agencies are ignored.

ozonepete
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#664 Postby ozonepete » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:22 am

Appears to be doing a clockwise loop. Not surprising considering steering winds are almost dead there right now.
0 likes   

dexterlabio
Category 5
Category 5

#665 Postby dexterlabio » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:25 am

It is so calm in Manila and I can still see the stars and bright moon. It is also very chilly. :froze: Feels weird, it's like there's no tropical cyclones nearby...
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

ozonepete
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#666 Postby ozonepete » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:29 am

dexterlabio wrote:It is so calm in Manila and I can still see the stars and bright moon. It is also very chilly. :froze: Feels weird, it's like there's no tropical cyclones nearby...

LOL you think that's chilly? It's 43F here in NYC right now. Although the fact that you feel chilly tells us that your typhoon is ingesting very cool dry air from over you and this will help weaken it considerably. Some good news! Stay safe - I am hitting the hay - very tired. :)
0 likes   

dexterlabio
Category 5
Category 5

#667 Postby dexterlabio » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:38 am

ozonepete wrote:
dexterlabio wrote:It is so calm in Manila and I can still see the stars and bright moon. It is also very chilly. :froze: Feels weird, it's like there's no tropical cyclones nearby...

LOL you think that's chilly? It's 43F here in NYC right now. Although the fact that you feel chilly tells us that your typhoon is ingesting very cool dry air from over you and this will help weaken it considerably. Some good news! Stay safe - I am hitting the hay - very tired. :)

Haha please I am used to 34C everyday in Manila so anything lower than 25C is chilly for me. :lol: Thank you also for sharing info's.
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

dexterlabio
Category 5
Category 5

#668 Postby dexterlabio » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:43 am

Btw there is indeed a swath of cooler, drier air from the north and I assume some of that is getting into Hagupit...but how come this storm can still form a huge ball of convection just off the coast? :double:

I'm thinking about Samar and Leyte towns along valleys and near mountain slopes......this can be a nasty long rain event..
0 likes   

xtyphooncyclonex
Category 5
Category 5

#669 Postby xtyphooncyclonex » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:58 am

Very near landfall - Taft, Eastern Samar

EURO-NAIL!

0 likes   
REMINDER: My opinions that I, or any other NON Pro-Met in this forum, are unofficial. Please do not take my opinions as an official forecast and warning. I am NOT a meteorologist. Following my forecasts blindly may lead to false alarm, danger and risk if official forecasts from agencies are ignored.

dexterlabio
Category 5
Category 5

#670 Postby dexterlabio » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:03 am

PAGASA announced the landfall five minutes ago in the municipalities of Dolores and Oras, Eastern Samar.
0 likes   

xtyphooncyclonex
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#671 Postby xtyphooncyclonex » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:05 am

dexterlabio wrote:PAGASA announced the landfall five minutes ago in the municipalities of Dolores and Oras, Eastern Samar.

PAGASA is too far north, landfall is (as I previously mentioned) at TAFT

Eye is moving WSW and is near 11.9N
Last edited by xtyphooncyclonex on Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

oaba09
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#672 Postby oaba09 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:15 am

With hagupit already in the range of pagasa's doppler radar, they should now be able to monitor the location of the typhoon much easier....
0 likes   

xtyphooncyclonex
Category 5
Category 5

#673 Postby xtyphooncyclonex » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:17 am

No landfall yet, but it will surely be south of PAGASA's position

0 likes   

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#674 Postby NDG » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:17 am

ozonepete wrote:Some recent quotes from here:

"Looks to be moving west, maybe even hinting at a hair south of west:"

"It seems to me that during the past several hours it has been on an almost due west heading."

"Yeah, due west for the past 6 hours...and the last few frames indicate a south of west movement."

Wobble watching, lol.

Most times I have agreed with you but this time I have to say you dropped the ball with this Typhoon ;)
0 likes   

talkon
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#675 Postby talkon » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:23 am

Center still off the coast per JTWC

TPPN11 PGTW 061220

A. TYPHOON 22W (HAGUPIT)

B. 06/1132Z

C. 12.02N

D. 125.83E

E. THREE/MTSAT

F. T5.5/6.0/W1.0/24HRS STT: S0.0/03HRS

G. IR/EIR

H. REMARKS: 09A/PBO RAGGED EYE/ANMTN. LG EYE SURROUNDED BY B
YIELDS AN E# AND DT (NO EYE ADJUSTMENT) OF 5.5. MET AND PT
AGREE WITH DT. DBO DT.

I. ADDITIONAL POSITIONS: NONE

CHAPPOTIN
0 likes   
DISCLAIMER: I am not a meteorologist. Any posts I made, unless copied from some official agency, are only my opinion and is unofficial and often exaggerated. Please refer to your official RSMC for official products and warnings.

xtyphooncyclonex
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#676 Postby xtyphooncyclonex » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:26 am

Krit-tonkla wrote:Center still off the coast per JTWC

TPPN11 PGTW 061220

A. TYPHOON 22W (HAGUPIT)

B. 06/1132Z

C. 12.02N

D. 125.83E

E. THREE/MTSAT

F. T5.5/6.0/W1.0/24HRS STT: S0.0/03HRS

G. IR/EIR

H. REMARKS: 09A/PBO RAGGED EYE/ANMTN. LG EYE SURROUNDED BY B
YIELDS AN E# AND DT (NO EYE ADJUSTMENT) OF 5.5. MET AND PT
AGREE WITH DT. DBO DT.

I. ADDITIONAL POSITIONS: NONE

CHAPPOTIN

Last time was 12.13N, now 12.02N

Really a sign of my forecast/JMA/ECMWF/GFS verifying
0 likes   

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#677 Postby NDG » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:29 am

New burst of convection:

0 likes   

xtyphooncyclonex
Category 5
Category 5

#678 Postby xtyphooncyclonex » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:34 am

NDG wrote:
ozonepete wrote:Some recent quotes from here:

"Looks to be moving west, maybe even hinting at a hair south of west:"

"It seems to me that during the past several hours it has been on an almost due west heading."

"Yeah, due west for the past 6 hours...and the last few frames indicate a south of west movement."

Wobble watching, lol.

Most times I have agreed with you but this time I have to say you dropped the ball with this Typhoon ;)

Yes, indeed. :P But he did quite well. :)

0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#679 Postby cycloneye » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:37 am

Time lapse video from James Reynolds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhPf92IfvxU
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#680 Postby NDG » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:45 am

Too bad that the map on this radar site was never adjusted.

0 likes   

Return to “2014”