ATL: ARTHUR - Models

Moderator: S2k Moderators

tolakram
Admin
Admin

Re: ATL: ARTHUR - Models

#141 Postby tolakram » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:51 am

12Z GFS still has a bullseye over Hatteras at 72 hours, 986mb.
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

eastcoastFL
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#142 Postby eastcoastFL » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:13 pm

Look out London! :lol:

Jevo wrote:Hey Gang.. Didn't expect to see ya'll here so soon. I really need to update my bookmarks.

GFS Ensembles

0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Jevo
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#143 Postby Jevo » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:28 pm

12z HWRF +66

12z HWRF +69
0 likes   
Disclaimer: 50% of the time I have no clue of what I am talking about. Chances are I am taking a less than educated guess that sounds good because 10 years ago I stole Mike Watkins book 'The Hurricane and its Impact'. For official information please direct yourself to the NHC and their cadre of weather geniuses.

Jevo
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#144 Postby Jevo » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:52 pm

12z Euro Initialized

12z Euro +24

0 likes   
Disclaimer: 50% of the time I have no clue of what I am talking about. Chances are I am taking a less than educated guess that sounds good because 10 years ago I stole Mike Watkins book 'The Hurricane and its Impact'. For official information please direct yourself to the NHC and their cadre of weather geniuses.

Jevo
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#145 Postby Jevo » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:01 pm

12z Euro +48

0 likes   

SeGaBob

#146 Postby SeGaBob » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:04 pm

:uarrow: Is that a bit further west?
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#147 Postby cycloneye » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:08 pm

Yes,EC is more west thru 48 hours.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Jevo
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#148 Postby Jevo » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:09 pm

12z Euro +72

0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#149 Postby tolakram » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:10 pm

Where are these images coming from Jevo? :)
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

Jevo
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#150 Postby Jevo » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:12 pm

tolakram wrote:Where are these images coming from Jevo? :)

Hahaha compliments of your assistance sir ;)

http://www.americanwx.com/
0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#151 Postby tolakram » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:14 pm

Jevo wrote:

Can't post images from a pay site, even if a trial, unfortunately. Unless you've found an exemption in their license. :(
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -

Jevo
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#152 Postby Jevo » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:18 pm

tolakram wrote:
Jevo wrote:

Can't post images from a pay site, even if a trial, unfortunately. Unless you've found an exemption in their license. :(

Ahh well then... The old freebie standby

12Z Euro +96

0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#153 Postby tolakram » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:19 pm

12Z Euro has Arthur passing the outer banks to the east; 78 hours 978mb. This is stronger (980mb) and slightly west of the previous run.
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -

Jevo
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#154 Postby Jevo » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:23 pm

tolakram wrote:12Z Euro has Arthur passing the outer banks to the east; 78 hours 978mb. This is stronger (980mb) and slightly west of the previous run.

Here comes the fun of the Models wars.... Euro is just offshore. The GFS and the models run off of it are inland, then back out to sea.
0 likes   

Hybridstorm_November2001
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#155 Postby Hybridstorm_November2001 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:17 pm

Here we go, I have to laugh as last night the Pro Mets on NBC out of Boston said there was no chance Arthur would come anywhere near even Cape Cod, or likely Nova Scotia, and now the Western most models are taking the system almost right over the Cape. It shall be interesting to see what happens. As I always say until a defined center actually forms all bets are off.
0 likes   

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#156 Postby TheStormExpert » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:56 pm

Hybridstorm_November2001 wrote:Here we go, I have to laugh as last night the Pro Mets on NBC out of Boston said there was no chance Arthur would come anywhere near even Cape Cod, or likely Nova Scotia, and now the Western most models are taking the system almost right over the Cape. It shall be interesting to see what happens. As I always say until a defined center actually forms all bets are off.

It's really aggravating when the media jumps the gun and says everything should be ok way too soon before anything has happened or formed.
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

KatDaddy
Category 5
Category 5

#157 Postby KatDaddy » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:35 pm

The fun and and model wars have begun. Thankfully this is not a GOM threat and the SE US should follow the latest NHC advisories.
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

CrazyC83
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#158 Postby CrazyC83 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:39 pm

Fortunately I am too far inland this time, this is not Irene or Sandy...

But anyway coastal residents, especially NC coast, should definitely prepare well for this.
0 likes   

Jevo
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#159 Postby Jevo » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:27 pm

18z HWRF +63

0 likes   

capepoint
Category 1
Category 1

#160 Postby capepoint » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:54 pm

I don't think I like that image, Jevo......lol
0 likes   
Ginger-(eye),Dennis,Diana,Kate,Gloria,Charley-(eye),Allison,Arthur,Bertha,Fran,Josephine,Bonnie,Earl,Dennis-(twice),Floyd, Isabel-(eye),Charley,Ophelia-(eyewall),Ernesto,Barry,Hanna,Irene-(eye),Arthur-(eye), Florence, Dorian, and countless depressions, storms, and nor'easters.

Return to “2014”