S2K Supporter

#661 Postby Stormcenter » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:26 pm

Not dead yet. IMO
0 likes   

TARHEELPROGRAMMER

Re:

#662 Postby TARHEELPROGRAMMER » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:29 pm

Stormcenter wrote:Not dead yet. IMO

I think me and you might be on to something I think all the moisture around it is starting to mess with the dry air and shear. It looks like moisture keeps firing up over and over but this time without dieing out.
0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

Re: ATL: INVEST 92L - Discussion

#663 Postby tolakram » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:18 pm

0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

Stormcenter
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#665 Postby Stormcenter » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:36 pm

Looks like there "may" be a new twist forming south of the original center. IMO

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/gmex/flash-avn.html
0 likes   

HeeBGBz
Category 1
Category 1

#666 Postby HeeBGBz » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:37 pm

Looks like the whole south eastern gulf has a spin to it. I don't know where the old center is but that area is pretty active tonight in my opinion. Still watching.
0 likes   

TARHEELPROGRAMMER

#667 Postby TARHEELPROGRAMMER » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:39 pm

HeeBGBz wrote:Looks like the whole south eastern gulf has a spin to it. I don't know where the old center is but that area is pretty active tonight in my opinion. Still watching.

lol At least I am not the only one who thinks that area is starting to EXPLODE.
0 likes   

Sanibel
Category 5
Category 5

#668 Postby Sanibel » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:44 pm

This is kind of a weird track if you think about it.
0 likes   

HeeBGBz
Category 1
Category 1

#669 Postby HeeBGBz » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:07 pm

Even the clouds over the northern gulf coast have a counter clockwise movement. The center of the spin does look a bit further south than I expected it to be. Also I noticed our weather has gotten cooler tonight. Has that cool front made it here and how would that affect anything?
0 likes   

tropicwatch
Category 5
Category 5

#670 Postby tropicwatch » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:47 pm

Convection flaring ups once again close to COC for 92L. Doesn't look like you can call Bones yet!
0 likes   
Tropicwatch

Agnes 72', Eloise 75, Elena 85', Kate 85', Charley 86', Florence 88', Beryl 94', Dean 95', Erin 95', Opal 95', Earl 98', Georges 98', Ivan 2004', Arlene 2005', Dennis 2005', Ida 2009' Debby 2012' Irma 2017' Michael 2018'

Kludge
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#671 Postby Kludge » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:51 pm

HeeBGBz wrote:Even the clouds over the northern gulf coast have a counter clockwise movement. The center of the spin does look a bit further south than I expected it to be. Also I noticed our weather has gotten cooler tonight. Has that cool front made it here and how would that affect anything?

I was going to respond, but my "Font size:" button is stuck. Can somebody help me? This thing is realy giving me the heee bee gee veez. 8-)
0 likes   

TARHEELPROGRAMMER

Re:

#672 Postby TARHEELPROGRAMMER » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:09 pm

panamatropicwatch wrote:Convection flaring ups once again close to COC for 92L. Doesn't look like you can call Bones yet!

NHC is going to look bad for this one. Especially if this thing continues firing up like it is. Half of the Gulf of Mexico is now spinning with this thing.
0 likes   

tailgater
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Re:

#673 Postby tailgater » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:12 pm

TARHEELPROGRAMMER wrote:
panamatropicwatch wrote:Convection flaring ups once again close to COC for 92L. Doesn't look like you can call Bones yet!

NHC is going to look bad for this one. Especially if this thing continues firing up like it is. Half of the Gulf of Mexico is now spinning with this thing.

There is an Upper level over the eastern part of the Gulf of Mexico which is not conductive for development,
Last edited by tailgater on Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

HouTXmetro
Category 5
Category 5

#674 Postby HouTXmetro » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:15 pm

Convection firing and and shear looks to be lessening. Although there no stong coc the overall circulation looks like something may be brewing up quickly. Wouldn't surprise me if we have a new "coc" forming SE of the current one.
0 likes   
[Disclaimer: My Amateur Opinion, please defer to your local authorities or the NHC for Guidance.]

tailgater
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#675 Postby tailgater » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:17 pm

Kludge wrote:
HeeBGBz wrote:Even the clouds over the northern gulf coast have a counter clockwise movement. The center of the spin does look a bit further south than I expected it to be. Also I noticed our weather has gotten cooler tonight. Has that cool front made it here and how would that affect anything?

I was going to respond, but my "Font size:" button is stuck. Can somebody help me? This thing is realy giving me the heee bee gee veez. 8-)

Lol I tried turning my volume down but I can still hear it in the next room!!!!
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

TARHEELPROGRAMMER

#676 Postby TARHEELPROGRAMMER » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:18 pm

tailgater wrote:
TARHEELPROGRAMMER wrote:

There is an Upper level over the eastern part of the Gulf of Mexico which is not conductive for development,

Then why is the convection popping up around the center and now circulating with it?

Sure looks like the eastern convection is wrapping around a center.

http://rammb.cira.colostate.edu/ramsdis/online/loop.asp?data_folder=tropical/tropical_ge_4km_visir2_floater_1&width=640&height=480&number_of_images_to_display=12
0 likes   

WPBWeather
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#677 Postby WPBWeather » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:28 pm

Sure looks like the eastern convection is wrapping around a center.

http://rammb.cira.colostate.edu/ramsdis/online/loop.asp?data_folder=tropical/tropical_ge_4km_visir2_floater_1&width=640&height=480&number_of_images_to_display=12[/quote]

FWIW, we have had what look like feeder bands on the east coast of FL (West Palm Beach area) all evening (Sat eve) working from the SE to NW and back towards the west coast of FL--with LOTS of rain. If this is just an ULL, it is one heck of spiraling system.
0 likes   

TARHEELPROGRAMMER

#678 Postby TARHEELPROGRAMMER » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:31 pm

FWIW, we have had what look like feeder bands on the east coast of FL (West Palm Beach area) all evening (Sat eve) working from the SE to NW and back towards the west coast of FL--with LOTS of rain. If this is just an ULL, it is one heck of spiraling system.

I think this thing is getting its act together quickly. It is MASSIVE!
0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#679 Postby tolakram » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:49 pm

I see a big mess. :) Strong SW flow to the north of the system and strong NE flow to the south makes it appear there is some spin but all I see is some storms, some near where the LLC was, with the tops being blasted off but the upper level winds.

http://wwwghcc.msfc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/get-goes?satellite=GOES-E%20CONUS&lat=26&lon=-87&info=ir&zoom=2&width=1000&height=700&quality=95&type=Animation&palette=ir3.pal&numframes=10

Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

HeeBGBz
Category 1
Category 1

#680 Postby HeeBGBz » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:56 pm

I guess we'll see how it looks in the am.
0 likes   

Return to “2014”