WPAC: INVEST 94W / N. Pacific Bomb Storm

Moderator: S2k Moderators

xtyphooncyclonex
Category 5
Category 5

Re: WPAC: INVEST 94W

#41 Postby xtyphooncyclonex » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:50 am

Another LPA near the equator. I made the photo though. Former Sonamu has convection wrapping up... BISING is over.

0 likes   
REMINDER: My opinions that I, or any other NON Pro-Met in this forum, are unofficial. Please do not take my opinions as an official forecast and warning. I am NOT a meteorologist. Following my forecasts blindly may lead to false alarm, danger and risk if official forecasts from agencies are ignored.

euro6208
Category 5
Category 5

#42 Postby euro6208 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:36 am

dissipated and no longer on NRLMRY/FNMOC...better luck next time...
0 likes   
Remember, all of my post aren't official. For official warnings and discussions, Please refer to your local NWS products...

NWS for the Western Pacific

https://www.weather.gov/gum/

Meow

#43 Postby Meow » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:10 am

xtyphooncyclonex wrote:Another LPA near the equator. I made the photo though. Former Sonamu has convection wrapping up... BISING is over.

What? Are those really the remnants of Sonamu?
0 likes   

Grifforzer
Category 1
Category 1

#44 Postby Grifforzer » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:47 pm

Japan Meteorological Agency

DEVELOPING LOW 996 HPA
AT 30N 133E SEA SOUTH OF JAPAN MOVING EAST 25 KNOTS.
0 likes   

Meow

Re:

#45 Postby Meow » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:48 am

Grifforzer wrote:Japan Meteorological Agency

DEVELOPING LOW 996 HPA
AT 30N 133E SEA SOUTH OF JAPAN MOVING EAST 25 KNOTS.

TD 94W died at 18Z... Its remnants will help that extratropical cyclone become very powerful.
0 likes   

xtyphooncyclonex
Category 5
Category 5

#46 Postby xtyphooncyclonex » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:35 am

Meow wrote:
xtyphooncyclonex wrote:Another LPA near the equator. I made the photo though. Former Sonamu has convection wrapping up... BISING is over.

What? Are those really the remnants of Sonamu?

I think so, but the remnants JUST DISSIPATED... for lingering over south of Palawan for days. I wonder how the Area of Convection North of Papua New Guinea is. I don't think it will be a storm in the coming days. It has elongated circulation on the satellite imagery. I wonder why many of the storms now [Bopha, Wukong, Sonamu] go close to the equator.
0 likes   
REMINDER: My opinions that I, or any other NON Pro-Met in this forum, are unofficial. Please do not take my opinions as an official forecast and warning. I am NOT a meteorologist. Following my forecasts blindly may lead to false alarm, danger and risk if official forecasts from agencies are ignored.

xtyphooncyclonex
Category 5
Category 5

#47 Postby xtyphooncyclonex » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:44 am

Wind shear is LOW near the equator and warm sea surface temperatures prevail.

0 likes   

mrbagyo
Category 5
Category 5

#48 Postby mrbagyo » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:57 am

former invest 94w is now a strong extratropical cyclone( I've seen stronger) going for the Aleutian Islands...
the tail end of the cold front is still in the Philippines, :cold:
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to RSMC, NHC and NWS products.

Meow

#49 Postby Meow » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:08 pm

mrbagyo wrote:former invest 94w is now a strong extratropical cyclone( I've seen stronger) going for the Aleutian Islands...
the tail end of the cold front is still in the Philippines, :cold:

I do not want to repeat again and again: This is NOT 94W.
0 likes   

RobWESTPACWX
WestPACMet
WestPACMet

#50 Postby RobWESTPACWX » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:50 am

Former TD combined with low off of China Just brought all sorts of rough weather, I apologize for being absent on here, for a recap on all the snow in Japan though check out westernpacificweather.com. We documented this storm in great detail.

Some video I posted.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM_PyEvKiNI[/youtube]
0 likes   
Satellites, Charts and Forecasting tools for East Asia at WESTERNPACIFICWEATHER.COM

dexterlabio
Category 5
Category 5

Re: WPAC: INVEST 94W / N. Pacific Bomb Storm

#51 Postby dexterlabio » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:26 pm

that's somehow the look of Sandy when it was turning more non-tropical/superstorm/frankenstorm/etc. but i don't know if it also had typhoon-force winds with it.

usually storms of this type affect Japan and other portions of Russia in the WPAC but i never felt that non-tropical systems are treated as much as in the Atlantic.

OT: it's actually a cold season here in PI and I assume it is also chilly nearby us. The cold surge of the northeast monsoon must be really strong or maybe at its peak now, plus the frontal system digging down to PI. aren't these cold, dry conditions making things unfavorable for TC formation?
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

euro6208
Category 5
Category 5

#52 Postby euro6208 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:37 pm

dexterlabio wrote:
usually storms of this type affect Japan and other portions of Russia in the WPAC but i never felt that non-tropical systems are treated as much as in the Atlantic.

i agree but what is a superstorm??? is it a term coined up from one of the major news network?

i think these U.S major news network should start focusing on other regions around the globe especially the wpac and lessen the talk about how the U.S gets all the bad weather year round...it's ridiculous...
0 likes   
Remember, all of my post aren't official. For official warnings and discussions, Please refer to your local NWS products...

NWS for the Western Pacific

https://www.weather.gov/gum/

Meow

#53 Postby Meow » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:45 pm

People in Japan did treat that storm very seriously. It caused deaths and severe blizzard in Kantō region, and Japanese media called it a ‘bomb cyclone’ (爆弾低気圧).

According to the Japan Meteorological Agency, the storm reached 936 hPa and 80 knots. Not 932 hPa.
0 likes   

galaxy401
Category 5
Category 5

#54 Postby galaxy401 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:38 am

euro6208 wrote:
dexterlabio wrote:

i agree but what is a superstorm??? is it a term coined up from one of the major news network?

i think these U.S major news network should start focusing on other regions around the globe especially the wpac and lessen the talk about how the U.S gets all the bad weather year round...it's ridiculous...

Well it is a US news network so of course they are covering the weather that occurs in the US. :roll: Besides they occasionally cover the WPAC too.

But this storm is still very serious. Do we know yet of the damage in Japan?
0 likes   
Got my eyes on moving right into Hurricane Alley: Florida.

RobWESTPACWX
WestPACMet
WestPACMet

#55 Postby RobWESTPACWX » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:45 am

Snow is all melted now if your still curios Galaxy, lots of car accidents in Tokyo this week though. There are no such things as a snow plow in Tokyo so that really led to just all sorts of injuries. Not just in traffic but due to people falling on the ice. Today temps getting up to the double digits. Wew, but Tuesday more snow is in the cards for Tokyo so we'll see.
0 likes   
Satellites, Charts and Forecasting tools for East Asia at WESTERNPACIFICWEATHER.COM

Return to “2013”