#1 Postby supercane4867 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:11 pm

3.0N 150E
0 likes   

RobWESTPACWX
WestPACMet
WestPACMet

Re: WPAC: INVEST 96W

#2 Postby RobWESTPACWX » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:14 am

Models being aggressive with this one, could it be the first named system, time will tell still all week to watch it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1G6XZVL7Xk[/youtube]
0 likes   
Satellites, Charts and Forecasting tools for East Asia at WESTERNPACIFICWEATHER.COM

RobWESTPACWX
WestPACMet
WestPACMet

#3 Postby RobWESTPACWX » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:01 am

Interesting.. This is the latest run from GFS.

0 likes   
Satellites, Charts and Forecasting tools for East Asia at WESTERNPACIFICWEATHER.COM

mrbagyo
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby mrbagyo » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:47 am

a classic June re-curving TC?
GFS is bullish about this
while Euro is hmmmm???? nothing.

:( RIP tim samaras, paul samaras and carl young :(
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to RSMC, NHC and NWS products.

RobWESTPACWX
WestPACMet
WestPACMet

#5 Postby RobWESTPACWX » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:57 am

Agreed, GFS and NOGAPS (NAVGEM) both are rather Bullish, Euro kills it before it starts. Regardless its still a week out.

I think the likely scenario would be a re-curving storm. The one catch would be a blocking High NE of Japan that GFS and NAVGEM both want to jump on, if that was to set in then if something did develop, and if it did move north, and if that blocking high were in place then this would effect land.

(To many if's for me right now)
0 likes   

dexterlabio
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby dexterlabio » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:17 am

I actually liked the previous runs before that when they show the storm passing to the south of Japan. More like a recurve typhoon that is fun and safe to observe. Hah I don't want to get my hopes high yet because the GFS did this once early May and nothing ever came out. Wait and see. :lol:
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

dexterlabio
Category 5
Category 5

#7 Postby dexterlabio » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:07 pm

The previous runs (12z and 18z) from GFS have shown a trend to the west and it seems that the southern Japanese islands (maybe Okinawa) will be affected. Sounds possible given that the setup at this time of the year drives the tropical cyclones towards Okinawa.
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

RobWESTPACWX
WestPACMet
WestPACMet

#8 Postby RobWESTPACWX » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:58 pm

I just made a video about the storm.. Some of my latest thoughts at least.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsMN438xqdY[/youtube]
0 likes   

RobWESTPACWX
WestPACMet
WestPACMet

#9 Postby RobWESTPACWX » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:30 am

Some impacts if GFS holds true.
0 likes   

euro6208
Category 5
Category 5

#10 Postby euro6208 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:13 am

poof...
0 likes   
Remember, all of my post aren't official. For official warnings and discussions, Please refer to your local NWS products...

NWS for the Western Pacific

https://www.weather.gov/gum/

xtyphooncyclonex
Category 5
Category 5

#11 Postby xtyphooncyclonex » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:45 am

There is a new tropical wave and increasing rapidly in size.

I think it is the system on which GFS and NAVGEM will develop...

0 likes   
REMINDER: My opinions that I, or any other NON Pro-Met in this forum, are unofficial. Please do not take my opinions as an official forecast and warning. I am NOT a meteorologist. Following my forecasts blindly may lead to false alarm, danger and risk if official forecasts from agencies are ignored.

Meow

#12 Postby Meow » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:38 am

xtyphooncyclonex wrote:There is a new tropical wave and increasing rapidly in size.

I think it is the system on which GFS and NAVGEM will develop...

No chance. 96W and 97W are already dead.
0 likes   

dexterlabio
Category 5
Category 5

#13 Postby dexterlabio » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:31 am

in this part of the world, renumbering tropical disturbances are kinda slow...compared to the mess of convection that gets numbered often in the Atlantic...
0 likes   

Return to “2013”