ATL: ANDREA - Post-Tropical

Moderator: S2k Moderators

StormingB81
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1481 Postby StormingB81 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:45 am

... A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 500 AM EDT FOR EASTERN ONSLOW AND CENTRAL JONES COUNTIES...

AT 431 AM EDT... NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR CONTINUED TO INDICATE A LINE OF TORNADO PRODUCING STORMS. THESE TORNADO PRODUCING STORMS WERE LOCATED ALONG A LINE EXTENDING FROM CAMP LEJEUNE MAIN GATE TO 8 MILES SOUTH OF DUCK CREEK... OR ALONG A LINE EXTENDING FROM CAMP LEJEUNE MAIN GATE TO 9 MILES EAST OF NORTH TOPSAIL BEACH... MOVING NORTH AT 30 MPH.

HAZARDS IN THE WARNING INCLUDE... A TORNADO. OTHER DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 58 MPH.

LOCATIONS IN THE PATH OF THE STORM INCLUDE... MIDWAY PARK... JACKSONVILLE... PUMPKIN CENTER... PINEY GREEN... KELLUM... HALF MOON... HAMMOCKS BEACH STATE PARK... HAMMOCKS BEACH... BEAR CREEK... SILVERDALE... HUBERT... DEPPE... TRENTON AND MAYSVILLE.

NIGHTTIME TORNADOES ARE EXTREMELY DANGEROUS AS THEY ARE DIFFICULT TO SEE. TAKE COVER NOW. DO NOT SEEK VISUAL CONFIRMATION.

WHEN IT IS SAFE TO DO SO... PLEASE CALL IN YOUR REPORTS OF PENNY OR LARGER SIZED HAIL... AS WELL AS WIND DAMAGE... INCLUDING TREES OR LARGE LIMBS DOWNED BY CALLING THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TOLL FREE AT... 1... 8 0 0... 8 8 9... 6 8 8 9.
0 likes   

StormingB81
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1482 Postby StormingB81 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:54 am

Just looked at the weather back home..Jacksonville NC undera tornado warning now....wish I was home...Just cause my wife and kids are there
0 likes   

UpTheCreek
Category 1
Category 1

Re:

#1483 Postby UpTheCreek » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:15 am

StormingB81 wrote:Just looked at the weather back home..Jacksonville NC undera tornado warning now....wish I was home...Just cause my wife and kids are there

I just got a tornado warning through my cellphone just now, that's never happened before. It was weird because I was just replying to you that we're getting no wind and just a lot of rain. I'm sure your family is doing fine, I've seen no reports of tornadoes on the ground.
0 likes   

StormingB81
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1484 Postby StormingB81 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:18 am

Just extended it till 545
0 likes   

StormingB81
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1485 Postby StormingB81 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:19 am

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN NEWPORT HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR... EXTREME WEST CENTRAL CARTERET COUNTY IN EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA EASTERN JONES COUNTY IN EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA NORTHEASTERN ONSLOW COUNTY IN EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA WESTERN CRAVEN COUNTY IN EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA

* UNTIL 545 AM EDT

* AT 449 AM EDT... NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A TORNADO OVER HUBERT... OR 6 MILES SOUTHEAST OF PINEY GREEN... MOVING NORTH AT 40 MPH. DAMAGING STRAIGHT LINE WINDS IN EXCESS OF 58 MPH ARE ALSO LIKELY WITH THIS STORM. DOWNED TREES HAVE BEEN REPORTED WITH THIS STORM IN HUBERT AND SWANSBORO.

* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE... KUHNS... DEPPE... MAYSVILLE... CATFISH LAKE... POLLOCKSVILLE... RIVER BEND... RHEMS... NEW BERN...

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

TAKE COVER NOW. MOVE TO AN INTERIOR ROOM ON THE LOWEST FLOOR OF A STURDY BUILDING. AVOID WINDOWS. IF IN A MOBILE HOME... VEHICLE OR OUTDOORS... MOVE TO THE CLOSEST SUBSTANTIAL SHELTER. IF NO SHELTER IS AVAILABLE LIE DOWN IN A LOW LYING AREA. PROTECT YOURSELF FROM FLYING DEBRIS.

NIGHTTIME TORNADOES ARE EXTREMELY DANGEROUS AS THEY ARE DIFFICULT TO SEE. TAKE COVER NOW. DO NOT SEEK VISUAL CONFIRMATION.

PLEASE REPORT SEVERE WEATHER TO THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BY CALLING... 1... 8 0 0... 8 8 9... 6 8 8 9 OR NOTIFY YOUR LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY.

&&
0 likes   

StormingB81
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Re:

#1486 Postby StormingB81 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:39 am

UpTheCreek wrote:
StormingB81 wrote:Just looked at the weather back home..Jacksonville NC undera tornado warning now....wish I was home...Just cause my wife and kids are there

I just got a tornado warning through my cellphone just now, that's never happened before. It was weird because I was just replying to you that we're getting no wind and just a lot of rain. I'm sure your family is doing fine, I've seen no reports of tornadoes on the ground.

I called my wife and of course sleeping like nothing is going on and she knew she said it is not bad there she actually was suprised to she says its not even bad here I said it comes with tropical systems.
0 likes   

StormingB81
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1487 Postby StormingB81 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:45 am

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED TORNADO WATCH 285 IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM EDT THIS AFTERNOON FOR THE FOLLOWING AREAS

IN NORTH CAROLINA THIS WATCH INCLUDES 15 COUNTIES

IN EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA

BEAUFORT CARTERET CRAVEN DARE DUPLIN GREENE HYDE JONES LENOIR MARTIN ONSLOW PAMLICO PITT TYRRELL WASHINGTON

THIS INCLUDES THE CITIES OF... ALLIANCE... ARAPAHOE... BAYBORO... BEAUFORT... BEULAVILLE... COLUMBIA... EMERALD ISLE... GREENVILLE... HAVELOCK... HOOKERTON... JACKSONVILLE... KENANSVILLE... KILL DEVIL HILLS... KINSTON... KITTY HAWK... MAGNOLIA... MAYSVILLE... MINNESOTT BEACH... MOREHEAD CITY... NAGS HEAD... NEW BERN... NEWPORT... ORIENTAL... PLYMOUTH... POLLOCKSVILLE... RIVER ROAD... ROBERSONVILLE... ROSE HILL... SNOW HILL... SOUTHERN SHORES... STONEWALL... VANDEMERE... WALLACE... WANCHESE... WARSAW... WASHINGTON AND WILLIAMSTON.
0 likes   

UpTheCreek
Category 1
Category 1

Re: Re:

#1488 Postby UpTheCreek » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:50 am

StormingB81 wrote:
UpTheCreek wrote:

I called my wife and of course sleeping like nothing is going on and she knew she said it is not bad there she actually was suprised to she says its not even bad here I said it comes with tropical systems.

Same with my family, lol. I didn't bother to wake them! All's quiet here in New Bern now, we're over in James City not far from Cherry Pt. Rain stopped, birds chirping, wind is still as could be.
0 likes   

Bizzles
Category 1
Category 1

Re: ATL: ANDREA - Tropical Storm

#1489 Postby Bizzles » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:23 am

Looks like well be in for a bit of a soaking today...

0 likes   
Andrew '92 Opal '95 Blizzard '96 Izzy '03 Irene '11 Sandy '12

The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion is not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

GTStorm
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#1490 Postby GTStorm » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:53 am

So, when our local guy said "4 to 6 inches", he really meant "less than a quarter of an inch"...'cause that's all we got last night. And pretty much no wind to speak of.

Another non-event for savannah, ga.
0 likes   

OuterBanker
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1491 Postby OuterBanker » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:00 am

Just lost satellite because of heavy rain, so I may as well post. Looks like north of Florida lucked out. Dry air was infused and took care of the east side. Looks like we might get some heavy rain for a while, but nothing to worry about. In fact sun could come out at around noon. Might get some gusty wind later, but that would be about it. We lucked out. But still a pretty strong system for so early in the season. Probably won't be long though before we get a season over from some because we will probably go storm free until the next mjo phase. Andrea was a poster child for the supporters of the mjo phase theory.
0 likes   

wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#1492 Postby wxman57 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:06 am

Doesn't look tropical any more. I have the center at about 34N/80.1W. Inland winds in the 10-15 kt range, though I still see some 30kt winds over the water. Haven't seen any TS wind report in a while.
0 likes   

StormingB81
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1493 Postby StormingB81 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:51 am

In Onslow county, NC schools are under a 2 hour delay (School ends Monday if you are wondering)
0 likes   

WilmingtonSandbar
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1494 Postby WilmingtonSandbar » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:56 am

Yeah, we ended up getting under 3 inches last night. It rained steady and heavy at times, but the winds were fairly light and it didn't rain hard and long enough to cause any street flooding except on the streets right next to the beach.

Edit: No sooner do I post the above, and the winds kick up. Blowing steady out of the SE with decent gusts. The sun is out with blue skies though. lol
0 likes   
Diana X2 (look it up), Bertha, Fran, Bonnie, Floyd, Dennis, Charley, Ophelia, Ernesto, Irene, Matthew, And Florence

OuterBanker
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1495 Postby OuterBanker » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:33 am

Update. Sun has been out since 10 am. Nice breeze starting to pick up. Probably one of the nicest tropial storms I've ever been tnrough :D
0 likes   

Weatherguy173
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#1496 Postby Weatherguy173 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:38 pm

Already an inch (maybe a little more) for me in NE NJ since this morning.
0 likes   
Nothing I say is intended to be a forecast; it's only food for thought and friendly advice!

Weatherguy173
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#1497 Postby Weatherguy173 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:58 pm

-losing it's tropical characteristics- :(
0 likes   
Nothing I say is intended to be a forecast; it's only food for thought and friendly advice!

NC George
Category 2
Category 2

#1498 Postby NC George » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:11 pm

Location report from Greenville, NC here. We had a couple of short lasting torrential downpours last night and today around noon. Rainfall total is 1.5" according to the local river gauge. Wind is picking up, it's breezy with a few minor gusts.
0 likes   
Bertha '96, Fran '96, Bonnie '98, Dennis '99, Floyd '99 :eek: , Isabel '03, Irene '11, Matthew '16, Isaias '20, PTC16????

Avatar is heading into Florence 2018, moving friend's boat, only land between us and Hurricane Florence is Ocracoke Island!

T'Bonz
Category 1
Category 1

#1499 Postby T'Bonz » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:35 pm

Cary, N.C. here. Not much wind, but boy is it raining now. It got so heavy that I couldn't even see across the street.
0 likes   

WeatherGuesser
Category 5
Category 5

#1500 Postby WeatherGuesser » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:05 pm

Any word on new warnings up coast or is it dying out below those levels?
0 likes   

Return to “2013”