ATL: INVEST 92L

Moderator: S2k Moderators

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#101 Postby NDG » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:29 am

Former 92L still has a nice little vorticity this morning, approaching the Turks & Caicos Islands, if it would had not been June we would had been tracking a fairly strong system, IMO.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re: ATL: INVEST 92L

#102 Postby cycloneye » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:48 pm

Look where the naked LLC of ex92L is located on this Sunday afternoon. :)

0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

ozonepete
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

Re: ATL: Ex INVEST 92L

#103 Postby ozonepete » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:47 pm

Lol, yeah, Luis. So tiny. And now it's popping convection.

0 likes   

Syx6sic
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#104 Postby Syx6sic » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:57 pm

Looks nice but the real question is will it keep trying to come back and if it does where do u see it going. I am new here but lived on east coast thru every hurricane that's went they va in Norfolk since 84 glad to find a board that loves these storms just as much as me sorry got alittle off topic there but does look like ex92L is trying to make a comeback
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

ozonepete
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#105 Postby ozonepete » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:32 pm

Welcome to storm2k! Right now this is really not much more than a curiosity. It's just a very small surface swirl that I can't see developing into anything significant because of its size. We just enjoy watching any activity in the tropics.
0 likes   

Syx6sic
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#106 Postby Syx6sic » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:18 pm

Yea looks interesting and to survive all that shear even though all the convection left and then it's getting it back does remind me of Katrina though
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

ozonepete
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#107 Postby ozonepete » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:43 pm

Well now, Katrina I don't see at all. And although there is vorticity from 850mb all the way up to 500mb on the CIMSS charts, and you can see a larger swirl associated with this wave on the satellite loops still moving westward, I don't see anything happening with this anymore. If something did happen it wouldn't even be 92L anyway.
0 likes   

Nimbus
Category 5
Category 5

#108 Postby Nimbus » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:53 pm

Probably very shallow broad low pressure at the surface, just the swirl moving west that is easy to track. Have all the models dropped this feature?
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re:

#109 Postby cycloneye » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:08 pm

Nimbus wrote:Probably very shallow broad low pressure at the surface, just the swirl moving west that is easy to track. Have all the models dropped this feature?

None show anything with it.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

ozonepete
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#110 Postby ozonepete » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:20 pm

Yeah, Luis, it's been dropped for a while now. I put on my thinking cap and went digging, and I think I found the answer. This has moved under a TUTT (Tropical Upper Tropospheric Trough) and there is no upper divergence at all under such a feature. I attached the CIMSS upper divergence chart with the TUTT annotated and you can see the large area of negative divergence within the upper trough (at 200-300mb) and thus overhead of this wave. So there is no large scale evacuation of air over the top of the wave and thus it can't produce convection. While it still could regenerate after it gets into the Gulf and past this feature, it's hardly that likely anymore. I've just been following it because it's the only game in town. :)

0 likes   

Syx6sic
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#111 Postby Syx6sic » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:43 pm

Yea seems like the only thing to watch right now
0 likes   

Return to “2013”