ATL: INVEST 94L - Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

perk
Category 3
Category 3

Re: ATL: INVEST 94L - Discussion

#121 Postby perk » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:18 pm

My guess is the NHC might up that percentage at the next update.
0 likes   

tailgater
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#122 Postby tailgater » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:20 pm

It looks like Bones material to me!
The trough is onshore already or will be soon. and convection will probably just slowly die off in the next 2 or 3 days. IMHO
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Hurricane Andrew
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#123 Postby Hurricane Andrew » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:20 pm

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Chance of Development
Storm: 94L
Forecast: 1

48 Hours: 20%
72 Hours: 30%
0 likes   

The Enthusiast
NREMT-AEMT, WX nerd

Irene '11, Sandy '12, Irma '17 (SAR)

"Hard to think we were born to live this way..." -Wage War

ROCK
Category 5
Category 5

#124 Postby ROCK » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:23 pm

perk wrote:My guess is the NHC might up that percentage at the next update.

agree....consolidating at a fast rate now....needs to detach from the trof and get to the surface. Plenty of fuel waiting to be tapped. another thing I have notice is the absense of outflow boundaries down by the main area. Still though the latest Low level convergence map still has this strung out as of 1800 UTC. Would like to see the next map that comes out. Might tell a different story.

http://tropic.ssec.wisc.edu/real-time/w ... oom=&time=
0 likes   

ROCK
Category 5
Category 5

#125 Postby ROCK » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:25 pm

tailgater wrote:It looks like Bones material to me!
The trough is onshore already or will be soon. and convection will probably just slowly die off in the next 2 or 3 days. IMHO

uh? the trof is still offshore per all the maps I have looked at....
0 likes   

ozonepete
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#126 Postby ozonepete » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:31 pm

ROCK wrote:
perk wrote:My guess is the NHC might up that percentage at the next update.

agree....consolidating at a fast rate now....needs to detach from the trof and get to the surface. Plenty of fuel waiting to be tapped. another thing I have notice is the absense of outflow boundaries down by the main area. Still though the latest Low level convergence map still has this strung out as of 1800 UTC. Would like to see the next map that comes out. Might tell a different story.

http://tropic.ssec.wisc.edu/real-time/w ... oom=&time=

Yeah it need to transition from a broad low/trough to a tighter circulation. I would bet there's a few LLCs spinning around under all of that convection since a concentrated area of convection like this always tries to build a single COC. Shear looks to be relaxing as well. The bottom line is I would never discount anything in that area of the Gulf. We've all seen things explode unexpectedly down there...
0 likes   

perk
Category 3
Category 3

#127 Postby perk » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:32 pm

ROCK wrote:
tailgater wrote:It looks like Bones material to me!

uh? the trof is still offshore per all the maps I have looked at....

I agree,that trough is not onshore.
0 likes   

ROCK
Category 5
Category 5

Re: ATL: INVEST 94L - Models

#128 Postby ROCK » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:43 pm

LaBreeze wrote:
ROCK wrote:its not model watching time anymore since the system is basically 24-36hrs out. Texas will get rain DJ.....relax :D

What about SW LA?

of course....dirty side gets the bulk of it....that trof has been inching ever so slowly westward....
0 likes   

hurricanekid416
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#129 Postby hurricanekid416 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:46 pm

There is still a chance for a weak ts
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

ROCK
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#130 Postby ROCK » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:50 pm

hurricanekid416 wrote:There is still a chance for a weak ts

so says the SHIPS....but it needs to stop screwing around and get a main LLC going.... :D

Humberto did the same thing...took forever to get a LLC....had a MLC most of its life and would pulse up and down during the day and fizzle at night.....only when it approached the upper TX coast did it finally consolidate and made Cat1 in record fashion.
0 likes   

gatorcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#131 Postby gatorcane » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:21 pm

Not sure what the NHC sees when it states "upper-level winds becoming less conducive..."

If anything I see them becoming more conducive as the upper-level low over Illinois is weakening and hence SW shear over the North Western GOM is relaxing some as upper-level High-pressure is building in from the NW with center over NW Texas / Western Oklahoma.

The biggest problem with this trough preventing development is proximity to land (and the fact it is running out of time before it moves over land) but I think the percent chance of development should be raised a little next advisory to 20%.

Depending upon how convection looks overnight into tomorrow morning, this percentage chance may have to be raised a little more.

In the end, more than likely won't get named though.
0 likes   

Alyono
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#132 Postby Alyono » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:26 pm

Not seeing any signs of this organizing at all. Furthermore, the axis is going to be onshore in l;ess than 12 hours, likely in NE Mexico
0 likes   

tailgater
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#133 Postby tailgater » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:35 pm

This is the position of the trough as of 12Z. It still stands a chance of development but just not that old trough.IMHO

0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

hurricanekid416
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#134 Postby hurricanekid416 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:45 pm

If it can go far enough north I think it has a chance and a little off topic but there may be a lot of unnamed storms found after the season
0 likes   

hurricanekid416
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Re: Re:

#135 Postby hurricanekid416 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:47 pm

ROCK wrote:
hurricanekid416 wrote:There is still a chance for a weak ts

so says the SHIPS....but it needs to stop screwing around and get a main LLC going.... :D

Humberto did the same thing...took forever to get a LLC....had a MLC most of its life and would pulse up and down during the day and fizzle at night.....only when it approached the upper TX coast did it finally consolidate and made Cat1 in record fashion.

That's was a crazy once in a lifetime thing for a hurricane to do and I was only 9 when that happened lol
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#136 Postby cycloneye » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:44 pm

Remains at 10%.

WIDESPREAD SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS OVER THE WESTERN AND CENTRAL
GULF OF MEXICO ARE ASSOCIATED WITH A SURFACE TROUGH OF LOW
PRESSURE. THE TROUGH IS EXPECTED TO MOVE SLOWLY NORTHWARD OVER
THE NEXT DAY OR SO TOWARD THE TEXAS AND LOUISIANA COASTS. UPPER-
LEVEL WINDS ARE NOT CONDUCIVE FOR DEVELOPMENT...AND THIS SYSTEM HAS
A LOW CHANCE...10 PERCENT...OF BECOMING A TROPICAL CYCLONE DURING
THE NEXT 48 HOURS. REGARDLESS OF DEVELOPMENT...THIS DISTURBANCE IS
FORECAST TO PRODUCE PERIODS OF LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL ACROSS
PORTIONS OF THE NORTHWESTERN AND NORTHERN GULF COASTS THROUGH
MONDAY.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#137 Postby Ntxw » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:06 pm

Latest satellite loop

0 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

Blown Away
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#138 Postby Blown Away » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:08 pm

Sure is alot of energy down there, just can't get organized.
0 likes   
Hurricane Eye Experience: David 79, Irene 99, Frances 04, Jeanne 04, Wilma 05...
Hurricane Brush Experience: Andrew 92, Erin 95, Floyd 99, Matthew 16, Irma 17, Ian 22, Nicole 22…

Dean4Storms
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#139 Postby Dean4Storms » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:26 pm

I might be looking at loops to long, I don't know. But I think I see a lower level circulation way out near 25.5N 89.5W or it could be at mid level. Does anyone else see what I'm seeing?

Maybe now more like 26N drifting north. Been watching it most of the day.

Must be a mid level vort, I don't see any surface obs indicating a surface low there.
0 likes   

Nimbus
Category 5
Category 5

#140 Postby Nimbus » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:52 pm

There has been a hot tower under a building anticyclone, thats all you can see from above.
The convection near the hot tower is beginning to blow off again but that would have been a good place for the lowest surface pressure.
0 likes   

Return to “2013”