ATL: DORIAN - Post-Tropical - Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Hurricanehink
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Re:

#3661 Postby Hurricanehink » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:33 pm

Cyclenall wrote:
galaxy401 wrote:What is the record for longest duration between degeneration and regeneration? This has been a week since it was last a tropical cyclone.

I want to know the answer to this as well. It might be a record, its at least the longest I've ever seen. Didn't expect it but it was wimpy all the way.

Dorian was a whole week from first final advisory to when it regenerated. Keep in mind that in post-analysis, this could be shorter. But, I looked through the records and only found these notable reformations.

*Helene last year was six days from dissipating near Lesser Antilles to reforming in the GoM
*Ivan 04 was four days from its last advisory near Virginia to reforming in the GoM
*Tropical Depression Five in 1988 dissipated near Cape Verde and reformed four days later near North Carolina

It appears that Dorian has the record, from what I can see. Georgette in 1986 dissipated and reformed five days later in the eastern Pacific.

For crazy regenerations though, I'd like to point out Cyclone Hondo in the southwest Indian Ocean.

11 days from its first final advisory to when it regenerated!
0 likes   

RainbowAppleJackDash

#3662 Postby RainbowAppleJackDash » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:56 pm

One question...
Did Dozza actually pass over the UK as a post-tropical remnant?
0 likes   

Cyclenall
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Re:

#3663 Postby Cyclenall » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:21 am

Hurricanehink wrote:
Cyclenall wrote:
galaxy401 wrote:What is the record for longest duration between degeneration and regeneration? This has been a week since it was last a tropical cyclone.

I want to know the answer to this as well. It might be a record, its at least the longest I've ever seen. Didn't expect it but it was wimpy all the way.

Dorian was a whole week from first final advisory to when it regenerated. Keep in mind that in post-analysis, this could be shorter. But, I looked through the records and only found these notable reformations.

*Helene last year was six days from dissipating near Lesser Antilles to reforming in the GoM
*Ivan 04 was four days from its last advisory near Virginia to reforming in the GoM
*Tropical Depression Five in 1988 dissipated near Cape Verde and reformed four days later near North Carolina

It appears that Dorian has the record, from what I can see. Georgette in 1986 dissipated and reformed five days later in the eastern Pacific.

For crazy regenerations though, I'd like to point out Cyclone Hondo in the southwest Indian Ocean.

11 days from its first final advisory to when it regenerated!

Thanks for the answer, even if it is 6 months later that I give thanks :lol: .
0 likes   

Return to “2013”