ATL: DANNY - Remnants - Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Hammy
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Re:

#1801 Postby Hammy » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:12 pm

AJC3 wrote:
Hammy wrote:Radar seems to confirm the circulation is currently closed, with all rain elements directly south of the center going (albeit slowly) to the east.

Actually, radar pretty much confirms the opposite. There's a vigorous vort center east of Dominica, but it's at the cusp of an open wave. Look at the motion of the cells to it's NW and W. There is nothing in that quadrant that's moving NW to SE, which could indicate a closed ground relative wind circulation.

Recon appears to confirm it's closed back up, large area of 5-10kt westerly winds (and a few a bit stronger) which is quite a change from six hours ago, with zero westerly winds. Likely down to a TD at the moment though.
Last edited by Hammy on Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   
The above post is not official and should not be used as such. It is the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is not endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

blp
Category 5
Category 5

Re: ATL: DANNY - Tropical Storm- Discussion

#1802 Postby blp » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:18 pm

Here we go popcorn convection starting around llc. Will it lead to next big blow-up?

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/floaters/04L/imagery/rb_lalo-animated.gif
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Gustywind
Category 5
Category 5

#1803 Postby Gustywind » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:22 pm

Best Track

AL, 04, 2015082400, , BEST, 0, 156N, 593W, 35, 1008, TS,
0 likes   

AJC3
Admin
Admin

#1804 Postby AJC3 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:34 pm

Hammy wrote:
AJC3 wrote:
Hammy wrote:Radar seems to confirm the circulation is currently closed, with all rain elements directly south of the center going (albeit slowly) to the east.

Actually, radar pretty much confirms the opposite. There's a vigorous vort center east of Dominica, but it's at the cusp of an open wave. Look at the motion of the cells to it's NW and W. There is nothing in that quadrant that's moving NW to SE, which could indicate a closed ground relative wind circulation.

Recon appears to confirm it's closed back up, large area of 5-10kt westerly winds (and a few a bit stronger) which is quite a change from six hours ago, with zero westerly winds. Likely down to a TD at the moment though.

Gotcha. See that now...indeed it's closed. On life support, but closed. :lol:
0 likes   

Nederlander
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1805 Postby Nederlander » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:37 pm

floridasun78 wrote:
ozonepete wrote:
floridasun78 wrote:denny may become invest 99l

It stays Danny for now since it hasn't been downgraded, right?

i seen before when system down grade but got chance becoming td again been graving invest number

I have always been under the impression that even if a named system were to open up, that if it reformed, it would keep its name... (not sure about invest numbers though) Pros? is this correct?
0 likes   

AJC3
Admin
Admin

#1806 Postby AJC3 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:39 pm

Nederlander wrote: I have always been under the impression that even if a named system were to open up, that if it reformed, it would keep its name... (not sure about invest numbers though) Pros? is this correct?

Yes.
0 likes   

supercane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1807 Postby supercane » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:43 pm

Nederlander wrote:I have always been under the impression that even if a named system were to open up, that if it reformed, it would keep its name... (not sure about invest numbers though) Pros? is this correct?

As stated above, yes. As stated in this year's National Hurricane Operations Plan (NHOP) Section 3.3 states,
Within a basin, if the remnant of a tropical cyclone redevelops into a tropical cyclone, it is assigned its original number or name. If the remnants of a former tropical cyclone regenerate in a new basin, the regenerated tropical cyclone will be given a new designation.

For invests, I do not see a formal policy posted. I have seen it go both ways (keep the old number vs new number).
0 likes   

supercane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1808 Postby supercane » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:47 pm

New advisory conservatively maintains this as a TS. PR and VI watches discontinued.

WTNT34 KNHC 240238
TCPAT4

BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM DANNY ADVISORY NUMBER 23
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL042015
1100 PM AST SUN AUG 23 2015

...DANNY APPROACHING THE SOUTHERN LEEWARD ISLANDS...

SUMMARY OF 1100 PM AST...0300 UTC...INFORMATION
-----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...15.6N 59.8W
ABOUT 100 MI...160 KM E OF DOMINICA
ABOUT 115 MI...190 KM ESE OF GUADELOUPE
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...40 MPH...65 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...W OR 270 DEGREES AT 15 MPH...24 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1009 MB...29.80 INCHES

WATCHES AND WARNINGS
--------------------
CHANGES WITH THIS ADVISORY:

The Tropical Storm Watch for Puerto Rico, Vieques, Culebra, and the
U.S. Virgin Islands has been discontinued.

SUMMARY OF WATCHES AND WARNINGS IN EFFECT:

A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for...
* Antigua, Barbuda, Montserrat, St. Kitts, and Nevis

A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect for...
* Saba and St. Eustatius
* St. Maarten
0 likes   

blp
Category 5
Category 5

#1809 Postby blp » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:57 pm

Deeper Convection now moving toward center. Danny starting to make a nice comback tonight. Hopefully shear will stay away for several hours.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/floaters/04L/imagery/rb_lalo-animated.gif
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

ozonepete
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#1810 Postby ozonepete » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:03 pm

This shouldn't be that much of a surprise. I talked about it all afternoon, lol. The MLC was too strong to dissipate and so the multiple LLC swirls rotating underneath it would naturally try to line up under the MLC and reestablish a stacked center, but only provided the shear would drop. And the shear appears to be dropping, which also shouldn't be a surprise.
0 likes   

Hammy
Category 5
Category 5

#1811 Postby Hammy » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:10 pm

ozonepete wrote:This shouldn't be that much of a surprise. I talked about it all afternoon, lol. The MLC was too strong to dissipate and so the multiple LLC swirls rotating underneath it would naturally try to line up under the MLC and reestablish a stacked center, but only provided the shear would drop. And the shear appears to be dropping, which also shouldn't be a surprise.

Does that mean I'm not crazy for seeing on radar what looks like weak low-level westerly flow north of the LLC (which could indicate it reforming a tad north)?
0 likes   
The above post is not official and should not be used as such. It is the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is not endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

ozonepete
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#1812 Postby ozonepete » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:17 pm

Hammy wrote:
ozonepete wrote:This shouldn't be that much of a surprise. I talked about it all afternoon, lol. The MLC was too strong to dissipate and so the multiple LLC swirls rotating underneath it would naturally try to line up under the MLC and reestablish a stacked center, but only provided the shear would drop. And the shear appears to be dropping, which also shouldn't be a surprise.

Does that mean I'm not crazy for seeing on radar what looks like weak low-level westerly flow north of the LLC (which could indicate it reforming a tad north)?

Yup. You are not crazy my friend. :) There is still a lot of center reformation and consolidation going on. The center is very likely to reestablish north of the current fixes.
0 likes   

blp
Category 5
Category 5

#1813 Postby blp » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:22 pm

ozonepete wrote:
Hammy wrote:

Yup. You are not crazy my friend. :) There is still a lot of center reformation and consolidation going on. The center is very likely to reestablish north of the current fixes.

I agree. This will reform North or the old center will be pulled NW. I think the old center is restablishing itself but will change its heading.
0 likes   

Fego
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1814 Postby Fego » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:26 pm

:uarrow:
Hi, like wnw instead of w? Thanks
0 likes   
Go Giants! Go Niners! Go Warriors!

floridasun78
Category 5
Category 5

#1815 Postby floridasun78 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:28 pm

i saw one models in models page for DANNY have making come back i think it over doing it
0 likes   

tailgater
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1816 Postby tailgater » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:32 pm

I don't see any reforming ATM
0 likes   

blp
Category 5
Category 5

#1817 Postby blp » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:34 pm

Fego wrote::uarrow:
Hi, like wnw instead of w? Thanks

Exactly, I think it will even out to a WNW direction which most of the models predicted would start happening as it approached Puerto Rico.

I started heading due West when it decoupled and moved with the low level flow. If it starts stacking again the higher level flow is more toward the WNW.
0 likes   

frederic79
Category 1
Category 1

#1818 Postby frederic79 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:02 pm

I haven't posted here in years and I realize this is extremely unlikely. But I remember Frederic in 1979 making it to the Caribbean as a hurricane or strong TS, then disapating. Poof. Gone. Crickets and all. Then, around the Isle of Youth, Frederic reformed and the rest is history. Current shear maps indicate moderate shear for the next 24-48 hours, after which shear should abate somewhat. Again, very unlikely for this to happen, but food for thought anyway...
0 likes   

HurriGuy
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1819 Postby HurriGuy » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:17 pm

0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

bahamaswx
Category 5
Category 5

#1820 Postby bahamaswx » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:21 am

Pulling together nicely. Might have one solid blob consolidated over the center of circulation here within a few hours.
0 likes   

Return to “2015”