ATL: HUMBERTO - Models

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

Re: ATL: NINE - Models

#421 Postby Aric Dunn » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:33 pm

Its was very close again..

so we wait for the center to figure itself out and its forward motion is still a problem. even 8 to 12 hours slower and no out to sea.
0 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.
If there is nothing before... then just ask :)

Space & Atmospheric Physicist, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University,
I believe the sky is falling...

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#422 Postby Aric Dunn » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:36 pm

144 to 168 its got trapped. but then split ? lol timing is going to very important with this.

in the 500mb level anyway..

850 vort turns north ..
1 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.

LarryWx
Category 5
Category 5

#423 Postby LarryWx » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:49 pm

Aric Dunn wrote:144 to 168 its got trapped. but then split ? lol timing is going to very important with this.

850 vort turns north ..

Aric,
This Euro run was initialized better than any previous one (center further east) and it went OTS. So, this only serves to increase my confidence that we aren’t going to have to sweat this one out in the SE US. At this point, I’d be absolutely shocked if this were to become a threat again.
2 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#424 Postby Aric Dunn » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:53 pm

LarryWx wrote:
Aric Dunn wrote:144 to 168 its got trapped. but then split ? lol timing is going to very important with this.

850 vort turns north ..

Aric,
This Euro run was initialized better than any previous one (center further east) and it went OTS. So, this only serves to increase my confidence that we aren’t going to have to sweat this one out in the SE US. At this point, I’d be absolutely shocked if this were to become a threat again.

Thats all good. except we dont have a well defined center we have a stalled system.. all the models keep moving it and it keeps just drifting around..

So I am not going to jump on board until its consolidates and actually starts moving..

we have 2 vorts rotating around northern circ is going to swing west here shortly what that does who knows.
3 likes   

SEASON_CANCELED
Category 3
Category 3

#425 Postby SEASON_CANCELED » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:53 pm

Is that a Loop like Jeanne in 2004?
0 likes   
i am a big stupid ugly moron with an ugly face and a big butt and my butt stinks and i like to kiss my own butt

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#426 Postby Aric Dunn » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:01 pm

FYI.. JMA which is typically heavy on the troughs.. traps this and drives it SW..

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysi ... 312&fh=-60
0 likes   

floridasun78
Category 5
Category 5

#427 Postby floridasun78 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:03 pm

JMA not trust models not use by nhc
1 likes   

tgenius
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#428 Postby tgenius » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:08 pm

Aric Dunn wrote:FYI.. JMA which is typically heavy on the troughs.. traps this and drives it SW..

Sure looks like JMA does a loop back down to SFL on that run (or whats left of it)
1 likes   

tpr1967
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#429 Postby tpr1967 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:28 pm

tgenius wrote:
Aric Dunn wrote:FYI.. JMA which is typically heavy on the troughs.. traps this and drives it SW..

Sure looks like JMA does a loop back down to SFL on that run (or whats left of it)

Thinking this my dive back SW and west if weaker system. The 00Z GFS Showed that last night.
Last edited by tpr1967 on Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#430 Postby Aric Dunn » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:29 pm

I count about 20 12z EPS that get left behind, loop, over move ese to se. out 132 hours.

That is very worth noting.

1 likes   

BobHarlem
Category 5
Category 5

#431 Postby BobHarlem » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:33 pm

A few folks are trying too hard here to get a landfall out of something that's not there for my comfort here (aka really really reaching). If this thing keeps forming east it may just not even go over the Bahamas .
4 likes   

boulderrr
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#432 Postby boulderrr » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:35 pm

0 likes   

LarryWx
Category 5
Category 5

#433 Postby LarryWx » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:42 pm

Aric Dunn wrote:I count about 20 12z EPS that get left behind, loop, over move ese to se. out 132 hours.

That is very worth noting.

https://i.ibb.co/0FW70tz/Capture.png

Later on in the 12Z EPS run, I counted about 5 actual TCs (10%) that go into the Gulf and about 6 (12%) that either hit or skim somewhere within NC to NE US. I can’t see the N.C.-NE US option now but I won’t yet completely eliminate in my mind the loop to S FL and/or Gulf. Regardless, the overwhelming best chance per the EPS remains OTS.
Last edited by LarryWx on Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Nuno
Category 2
Category 2

#434 Postby Nuno » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:45 pm

BobHarlem wrote:A few folks are trying too hard here to get a landfall out of something that's not there for my comfort here (aka really really reaching). If this thing keeps forming east it may just not even go over the Bahamas .

And a few folks are too readily dismissive and ready to accept whatever the models say despite the continued stalling and lack of a defined center. Let's just track and see what happens. It probably will go out to sea, but the steering set up could be interesting.
1 likes   
Andrew (1992), Irene (1999), Frances (2004), Katrina (2005), Wilma (2005), Fay (2008), Irma (2017), Eta (2020), Ian (2022)

LarryWx
Category 5
Category 5

#435 Postby LarryWx » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:58 pm

Note about 12Z EPS: One of the TCs that gets into the Gulf within 240 hours is not from Nine. But I definitely see 5 of the 51 members there (10%) from NINE. itself.
1 likes   

LarryWx
Category 5
Category 5

#436 Postby LarryWx » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:06 pm

I just checked a different source, Weathernerds, and it actually shows not just 5 but 7 of the 51 12Z EPS members (14%) with something going into the Gulf from NINE, itself. So, I think Aric is right that we can't ignore the chance. But still an overwhelming majority recurve safely OTS.
1 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#437 Postby Aric Dunn » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:11 pm

LarryWx wrote:I just checked a different source, Weathernerds, and it actually shows not just 5 but 7 of the 51 12Z EPS members (14%) with something going into the Gulf from NINE, itself. So, I think Aric is right that we can't ignore the chance. But still an overwhelming majority recurve safely OTS.

IT has to start moving now like the models keep showing or the models will continue to play catch up like they have been for days.

and if this southern vort takes over then everything is all messed up again lol
1 likes   

TheDreamTraveler
Category 2
Category 2

#438 Postby TheDreamTraveler » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:16 pm

How people can come to a conclusion that the storm has a defined path out to sea when it hasn't even fully developed yet is beyond me. Especially given the pattern this storm is going to be in? Wait until we have a well defined center before saying you know where this thing is going. There's quite a few meteorologists saying that this has a chance to impact the east coast, but at the same time it could go out to sea too. I feel like this conversation always happens early on before a storm truly forms.
2 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#439 Postby Aric Dunn » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:18 pm

Very distinct 3 camps..

1. Out to sea...

2. stall then nw towards carolinas

3. then loop back sw into florida and gilf.

4 likes   

boca
Category 5
Category 5

#440 Postby boca » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:31 pm

Looks like quite a few loop it back towards South Florida but majority take this OTS but 9 is still forming so who knows.
0 likes   

Return to “2019”