ATL: ISAIAS - Post-Tropical - Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: ATL: ISAIAS - Hurricane - Discussion

#3801 Postby northjaxpro » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:03 am

If I had a 50 bucks for each one of these select people writing this cyclone off or trying to kill it, I would be set to not work for awhile.

Let's hold off on the eulogies folks please. This cyclone is still a significantt threat to not only the Florida East Coast but up the entire Eastern seaboard.

Oh.yeah, as long as you have a tropical cyclone over above normal sea surface temps, NEVER , EVER turn your back on its potential to thrive on that high octave source for it it to potentially intensify.
Last edited by northjaxpro on Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
11 likes   
NEVER, EVER SAY NEVER in the tropics and weather in general, and most importantly, with life itself!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Fay 2008 Beryl 2012 Debby 2012 Colin 2016 Hermine 2016 Julia 2016 Matthew 2016 Irma 2017 Dorian 2019

tropicwatch
Category 5
Category 5

#3802 Postby tropicwatch » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:03 am

Steejo91 wrote:
panamatropicwatch wrote:Wobble watchers of America Unite but seriously with pressures falling I don't agree with the struggling posts. Looks like it is maintaining the status quo for now. With each westward jog, a landfall somewhere on the Florida east coast is becoming more likely.

Pressures have been on the steady rise this morning. From 978 to 986mb with latest pass seems like weakening to me. Also, water vapor loop tells the entire story itself.

The last two AF vortex messages have the pressure falling.
Last edited by tropicwatch on Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 likes   
Tropicwatch

Agnes 72', Eloise 75, Elena 85', Kate 85', Charley 86', Florence 88', Beryl 94', Dean 95', Erin 95', Opal 95', Earl 98', Georges 98', Ivan 2004', Arlene 2005', Dennis 2005', Ida 2009' Debby 2012' Irma 2017' Michael 2018'

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3803 Postby NDG » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:06 am

Official track is now to the right of the 12z TVCN, which is closer to Cape Canaveral. I will be surprised if they don't move the track back west closer to Cape Canaveral.
Right biased HWRF might be messing up the TVCN consensus solution.

1 likes   

cp79
Category 1
Category 1

#3804 Postby cp79 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:07 am

I talked about this yesterday and a lot of posters tried to write it off as fiction. But I warned about the heavy shear coming from Cuba and the dry air really putting a choke hold on this system. Was clear on the WV and nothing's changed. Now you can see it in full effect really getting into Isaias.

As for its future effect, it probably in a way hurts Florida more because weak systems tend to take more left turns. My guess is it's going to dive somewhere in the Palm Beach area, maybe south. That's also good news, though, because it keeps it onshore and helps the Carolinas from getting a nastier storm.
0 likes   

hipshot
Category 1
Category 1

#3805 Postby hipshot » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:08 am

StormingB81 wrote:
Do_For_Love wrote:What is "Miss Piggy" lol?

The Hurricane Hunters plane

I believe it is the P3D hurricane hunter.
1 likes   

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#3806 Postby TheStormExpert » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:08 am

Well the trends have been definitely encouraging for SE Florida as most models keep this just offshore about 50 miles or so and weakening.

Just walked by a surf shop here in Jupiter in the plaza where I work and they’re boarding up with plywood as if a major hurricane is barreling towards us. I guess they rather be safe than sorry but that just seems a little extreme for what Isaias May bring.
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

artist
Category 5
Category 5

#3807 Postby artist » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:11 am

northjaxpro wrote:If I had a 50 bucks for each one of these select people writing this cyclone off or trying to kill it, I would be set to not work for awhile.

Let's hold off on the eulogies folks please. This cyclone is still a significantt threat to not only the Florida East Coast but up the entire Eastern seaboard.

Oh.yeah, as long as you have a tropical cyclone over above normal sea surface temps, NEVER , EVER turn your back on its potential to thrive on that high octave source for it it to potentially intensify.

Yep, the gulf stream can really energize a storm
3 likes   

HurricaneFrances04
Category 2
Category 2

#3808 Postby HurricaneFrances04 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:11 am

I imagine not everyone is glued to S2K to see the latest developments of the storm. The last forecast called for a hurricane near the Florida coastline and hurricane warnings have been issued, so I don't blame the average person taking precautions.
Last edited by HurricaneFrances04 on Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

eastcoastFL
Category 5
Category 5

#3809 Postby eastcoastFL » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:11 am

Storms are starting to wrap back around the center
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

CronkPSU
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3810 Postby CronkPSU » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:12 am

HurricaneEnzo wrote:Pretty easy to see the WNW motion on this loop due to small CDO.

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/sat/sat ... t=vis-swir

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

looks very healthy on the visible...
1 likes   
Just like Jon Snow..."I know nothing" except what I know, and most of what I know is gathered by the fine people of the NHC

cp79
Category 1
Category 1

#3811 Postby cp79 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:12 am

TheStormExpert wrote:Well the trends have been definitely encouraging for SE Florida as most models keep this just offshore about 50 miles or so and weakening.

Just walked by a surf shop here in Jupiter in the plaza where I work and they’re boarding up with plywood as if a major hurricane is barreling towards us. I guess they rather be safe than sorry but that just seems a little extreme for what Isaias May bring.

Boarding up is a little extreme. But hey, everyone's different. For anyone who's been through Andrew it can prolly be pretty traumatizing and even a 20mph wind can make you nervous.
0 likes   

Steve H.
Category 5
Category 5

#3812 Postby Steve H. » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:14 am

I have to agree with northjax pro here. It's a situation where many are writing this off, and putting it offshore. The TC is beginning to improve appearance wise and I believe will intensify more today. It is not dead.
3 likes   

gatorcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3813 Postby gatorcane » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:14 am

CDO is definitely expanding our westward and southwestward. Breeze is picking up here in coastal SE Palm Beach County. I am just a few blocks from the beach where it is usually more windy anyway.
Last edited by gatorcane on Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
1 likes   

eastcoastFL
Category 5
Category 5

#3814 Postby eastcoastFL » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:14 am

TheStormExpert wrote:Well the trends have been definitely encouraging for SE Florida as most models keep this just offshore about 50 miles or so and weakening.

Nobody knows if it will strengthen further. So if putting a few pieces of wood up could protect your livelihood it’s well worth the effort. It can only hurt you if you don’t put them up.
Last edited by eastcoastFL on Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
5 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

HurricaneEnzo
Category 2
Category 2

Re: RE: Re: ATL: ISAIAS - Hurricane - Discussion

#3815 Postby HurricaneEnzo » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:14 am

CronkPSU wrote:
HurricaneEnzo wrote:Pretty easy to see the WNW motion on this loop due to small CDO.

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/sat/sat ... t=vis-swir

looks very healthy on the visible...
Personally I wouldn't call that very healthy. Doesn't look like it is gonna be dying soon as some people are calling for. Isn't looking that great either though lol Will probably maintain strength.

3 likes   
Bertha 96' - Fran 96' - Bonnie 98' - Dennis 99' - Floyd 99' - Isabel 03' - Alex 04' - Ophelia 05' - Irene 11' - Arthur 14' - Matthew 16' - Florence 18' - Dorian 19' - Isaias 20' (countless other tropical storms and Hurricane swipes)

I am not a Professional Met just an enthusiast. Get your weather forecasts from the Pros!

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#3816 Postby TheStormExpert » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:14 am

Not to sound like those writing it off but the worst of the weather should remain well offshore with the current NHC track assuming the westerly shear keeps up. Personally this is reminding me more of Matthew where we got spared about 60-70 miles here in NE Palm Beach County. TS conditions should be expected but nothing worth getting too concerned about in my opinion, unless something drastically changes.
2 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

DestinHurricane
Category 4
Category 4

#3817 Postby DestinHurricane » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:15 am

HurricaneFrances04 wrote:I imagine not everyone is glued to S2K to see the latest developments of the storm. The last forecast called for a hurricane near the Florida coastline and hurricane warnings have been issued, so I don't blame the average person taking precautions.

Actually looking worse for FL despite the weakening. A weaker storm will go more west, worse for FL. Also it could strengthen back as it gets in the gulf stream with those warm SSTs.
1 likes   
Destin/Santa Rosa Beach, Florida: Ivan 2004, Dennis 2005, Michael 2018, Sally 2020

Fort Lauderdale, Florida Eta 2020, Many future storms!

THE Ohio State University: :cold:

supercane4867
Category 5
Category 5

#3818 Postby supercane4867 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:16 am

This thing is about to get decoupled. You can see the low level circulation outrunning the CDO on visible satellite.
0 likes   

jlauderdal
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: RE: Re: ATL: ISAIAS - Hurricane - Discussion

#3819 Postby jlauderdal » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:16 am

northjaxpro wrote:If I had a 50 bucks for each one of these select people writing this cyclone off or trying to kill it, I would be set to not work for awhile.

There is only one person on this forum allowed to kill off a storm and that is wxman57
2 likes   

Canelaw99
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3820 Postby Canelaw99 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:16 am

Some shopping areas require boarding/shuttering once a warning is in place.
2 likes   

Return to “2020”