HurricaneBelle
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: ATL: ISAIAS - Models

#2421 Postby HurricaneBelle » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:30 pm

cp79 wrote:
Steve wrote:Y'all about to get rocked.
https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysi ... 80122&fh=4

It won’t be bad. Just like a typical summer storm. Florida is used to it. They’ve gone through much worse.

Everybody always says this when looking at peak gusts, but typical Florida summer storms don't bring hours of sustained winds.
11 likes   

toad strangler
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2422 Postby toad strangler » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:34 pm

HurricaneBelle wrote:
cp79 wrote:

It won’t be bad. Just like a typical summer storm. Florida is used to it. They’ve gone through much worse.

Everybody always says this when looking at peak gusts, but typical Florida summer storms don't bring hours of sustained winds.

THis really is a great point. :flag:
5 likes   

mutley
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2423 Postby mutley » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:36 pm

HurricaneBelle wrote:
cp79 wrote:

You are right Belle. Sustained winds bring much more debris onto power lines. Making repairs much more numerous. However, we (in Ocala) frequently lose power during thunderstorms, the last time, about a week ago, a transformer blew. But usually the power is restored quite quickly.
0 likes   
The preceding comments are never to be used as information to establish circumstances, plans or procedures for any weather related events. Only use official National Hurricane Center or National Weather Service information issued for your area.

Jr0d
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2424 Postby Jr0d » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:39 pm

otowntiger wrote:
ronjon wrote:
jhpigott wrote:12z HWRF simulated IR looks to bring some nasty weather to the SEFL Coast on up towards the Space Coast

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysi ... 80112&fh=9

Look what the HWRF does on the simulated IR between hours 6 and 12. Does anyone believe that?

I do not. It is just about impossible for it do that in its current position and especially its current state.

Still think that is impossible?

Impressive blow up. If Isaias can maintain the convection, he might be upgraded at 11pm.

As impressive as this is, its might be a pulse and will not sustain the convection very long. If it does...watch out!

Still no outflow though, if it can establish some outflow I dont think RI is out of the question, especially with a slower speed and more time over the gulf stream.
1 likes   

toad strangler
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2425 Postby toad strangler » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:41 pm

Jr0d wrote:
otowntiger wrote:
ronjon wrote:
Look what the HWRF does on the simulated IR between hours 6 and 12. Does anyone believe that?

I do not. It is just about impossible for it do that in its current position and especially its current state.

Still think that is impossible?

Impressive blow up. If Isaias can maintain the convection, he might be upgraded at 11pm.

As impressive as this is, its might be a pulse and will not sustain the convection very long. If it does...watch out!

Still no outflow though, if it can establish some outflow I dont think RI is out of the question, especially with a slower speed and more time over the gulf stream.

I think the better bet is a wane of this current pulse and then another pulse thereafter. Wash, rinse, repeat with Isaias?
1 likes   

MJGarrison
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#2426 Postby MJGarrison » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:00 pm

I know we are wobble watching and not model watching right now, but the 18Z Euro stays off the coast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
0 likes   

ColdMiser123
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#2427 Postby ColdMiser123 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:06 pm

MJGarrison wrote:I know we are wobble watching and not model watching right now, but the 18Z Euro stays off the coast.

Quite a difference from previous runs, and also significantly stronger with intensity overall. Lots of uncertainty still left with this storm both with track and intensity.
2 likes   
B.S., M.S., Meteorology & Atmospheric Science

mutley
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2428 Postby mutley » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:09 pm

ColdMiser123 wrote:
MJGarrison wrote:I know we are wobble watching and not model watching right now, but the 18Z Euro stays off the coast.

Quite a difference from previous runs, and also significantly stronger with intensity overall. Lots of uncertainty still left with this storm both with track and intensity.

I agree with you. People in Florida should set their alarms for very early tomorrow, and see what they are facing
0 likes   
The preceding comments are never to be used as information to establish circumstances, plans or procedures for any weather related events. Only use official National Hurricane Center or National Weather Service information issued for your area.

cp79
Category 1
Category 1

#2429 Postby cp79 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:20 pm

HurricaneBelle wrote:
cp79 wrote:

Yeah but I’d rather deal with 40mph sustained gusts than 150mph sustained gusts. Much more manageable.
1 likes   

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#2430 Postby TheStormExpert » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:23 pm

cp79 wrote:
HurricaneBelle wrote:
cp79 wrote:

Yeah but I’d rather deal with 40mph sustained gusts than 150mph sustained gusts. Much more manageable.

Typical summertime Florida storms usually bring wind gusts up to 40-60mph.
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

toad strangler
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2431 Postby toad strangler » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:42 pm

TheStormExpert wrote:
cp79 wrote:
HurricaneBelle wrote:

YES but as pointed out earlier on this board typical Florida summertime storms don't have these gusts last for HOURS. Not even comparable. :spam:

18z Euro is off the coast and a East Coast FL miss BTW.
7 likes   

tarheelprogrammer
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2432 Postby tarheelprogrammer » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:46 pm

toad strangler wrote:
TheStormExpert wrote:
cp79 wrote:

YES but as pointed out earlier on this board typical Florida summertime storms don't have these gusts last for HOURS. Not even comparable. :spam:

What does 18z ECMWF do with the Carolinas?
1 likes   
My posts are not official forecasts. They are just my opinion and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

gatorcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2433 Postby gatorcane » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:47 pm

toad strangler wrote:
TheStormExpert wrote:
cp79 wrote:

I would compare the winds we are seeing so far to what we get in the late fall and winter here in SE Florida when a strong high pressure system builds in down the eastern seaboard behind a cold front. We could easily see mid 30s wind gusts in these scenarios and out of a similar ENE to NE direction. Sometimes these winds last for a few days.

18Z NAVGEM:

3 likes   

Steve
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2434 Postby Steve » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:58 pm

HRRR 00z is running now. It runs 36 hours, so we can see what it thinks as of now running through Monday at 8am. NAM's are next then ICON, GFS, Hurricanes/CMC then European. I think after the FL brush, we're getting close to seeing if Isaias is going to affect a lot of other areas in the next 84-90 hours or so. Cool storm.
1 likes   

cp79
Category 1
Category 1

#2435 Postby cp79 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:00 pm

If the 18z Euro pans out, Fla is in good shape.
1 likes   

Blown Away
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2436 Postby Blown Away » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:01 pm

00z TVCN landfalls NE PBC and goes inland a couple miles and rides the coast.
0 likes   
Hurricane Eye Experience: David 79, Irene 99, Frances 04, Jeanne 04, Wilma 05...
Hurricane Brush Experience: Andrew 92, Erin 95, Floyd 99, Matthew 16, Irma 17, Ian 22, Nicole 22…

AxaltaRacing24
Category 5
Category 5

#2437 Postby AxaltaRacing24 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:08 pm

cp79 wrote:If the 18z Euro pans out, Fla is in good shape.

honestly, the euro has been all over every single run. more so than the gfs.

not saying it is wrong, but its been inconsistent
0 likes   

DestinHurricane
Category 4
Category 4

#2438 Postby DestinHurricane » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:12 pm

Blown Away wrote:00z TVCN landfalls NE PBC and goes inland a couple miles and rides the coast.

Should the NHC shift west next advisory? I think not considering the storms current position and movement.
0 likes   
Destin/Santa Rosa Beach, Florida: Ivan 2004, Dennis 2005, Michael 2018, Sally 2020

Fort Lauderdale, Florida Eta 2020, Many future storms!

THE Ohio State University: :cold:

SFLcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2439 Postby SFLcane » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:14 pm

toad strangler wrote:
HurricaneBelle wrote:
cp79 wrote:

Great point! But there is still not been any reports of sustained TS winds across mainland SFL. We will see if that changes overnight.
0 likes   

AxaltaRacing24
Category 5
Category 5

#2440 Postby AxaltaRacing24 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:17 pm

SFLcane wrote:
toad strangler wrote:
HurricaneBelle wrote:

Great point! But there is still not been any reports of sustained TS winds across mainland SFL. We will see if that changes overnight.

the storm isn't here yet. there won't be any of those until later tonight or morning most likely.
1 likes   

Return to “2020”