ATL: MARCO - Models

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Steve
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: ATL: MARCO - Models

#521 Postby Steve » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:32 pm

NAM 3km (low level) Marco is coming in with a little bit of weather, but bands mostly to the east in south MS. It travels west but more inland than other recent runs I remember where it had it offshore. Perhaps the nose of the ridge is a little farther north which also could be why the 0z guidance for Laura is slightly farther east.
2 likes   

FixySLN
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#522 Postby FixySLN » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:35 pm

Steve wrote:NAM 3km (low level) Marco is coming in with a little bit of weather, but bands mostly to the east in south MS. It travels west but more inland than other recent runs I remember where it had it offshore. Perhaps the nose of the ridge is a little farther north which also could be why the 0z guidance for Laura is slightly farther east.

Nailed it.
1 likes   

catskillfire51
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#523 Postby catskillfire51 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:10 pm

FixySLN wrote:
Steve wrote:NAM 3km (low level) Marco is coming in with a little bit of weather, but bands mostly to the east in south MS. It travels west but more inland than other recent runs I remember where it had it offshore. Perhaps the nose of the ridge is a little farther north which also could be why the 0z guidance for Laura is slightly farther east.

Nailed it.

Good point just remember we have 2-3 days before laura buts up to the ridge if it's still expanding or moving west as expected it could be further then where Marco is tomorrow/tuesday
3 likes   

xironman
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#524 Postby xironman » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:13 am

HRRR shows a landfall at the tip of LA.

2 likes   

mpic
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#525 Postby mpic » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:07 am

Could someone please either verify or dispel the theory that Marco could head south then east after landfall and cross paths with Laura creating a Fujiwhara effect?
0 likes   
NE of Houston

FixySLN
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#526 Postby FixySLN » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:14 am

mpic wrote:Could someone please either verify or dispel the theory that Marco could head south then east after landfall and cross paths with Laura creating a Fujiwhara effect?

I don't think that's likely at all considering how weak Marco is. With that being said, it's 2020 and nothing will surprise me anymore.

I've said it a few times, just know that this is a pretty unique situation with multiple storms in the gulf. Nobody, people nor models, have this scenario hammered out yet and anyone that says they know what's going to happen 100% is spouting nonsense. Listen to the pros, make informed decisions, and looks after you and yours.
0 likes   

mpic
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#527 Postby mpic » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:25 am

FixySLN wrote:
mpic wrote:Could someone please either verify or dispel the theory that Marco could head south then east after landfall and cross paths with Laura creating a Fujiwhara effect?

I don't think that's likely at all considering how weak Marco is. With that being said, it's 2020 and nothing will surprise me anymore.

I've said it a few times, just know that this is a pretty unique situation with multiple storms in the gulf. Nobody, people nor models, have this scenario hammered out yet and anyone that says they know what's going to happen 100% is spouting nonsense. Listen to the pros, make informed decisions, and looks after you and yours.

Thank you and agree anything is possible. My problem with it is that Marco will be so weak that even if it it happened, I don't see how it could create a "supercane" or "the Perfect Storm" like they are suggesting.
0 likes   
NE of Houston

FixySLN
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#528 Postby FixySLN » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:29 am

mpic wrote:
FixySLN wrote:

Thank you and agree anything is possible. My problem with it is that Marco will be so weak that even if it it happened, I don't see how it could create a "supercane" or "the Perfect Storm" like they are suggesting.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that. If they interacted right now, Laura would destroy Marco, shredding it down to nothing. It wouldn't have the energy to be pushed away. I don't think the Gulf could support the Fujiwara effect period, based on the limited space. I read somewhere that it would have to happen within a 900 mile radius or something. It would also require an enormous bed of water, which isn't something the Gulf can supply compared to the Atlantic.
3 likes   

abk_0710
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#529 Postby abk_0710 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:46 pm

What areas would you say still need to watch for landfall? Should SELA be concerned?
0 likes   

Blinhart
Category 5
Category 5

#530 Postby Blinhart » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:47 pm

abk_0710 wrote:What areas would you say still need to watch for landfall? Should SELA be concerned?

No where for landfall, it is dead,
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

abk_0710
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#531 Postby abk_0710 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:48 pm

Sorry I meant to post in the Laura thread!
0 likes   

Return to “2020”