Admin
Admin

Re: ATL: INVEST 96L - Discussion

#61 Postby cycloneye » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:30 pm

SFLcane wrote:Holy SHIP guidance... :eek:

Very bullish first run

Those who want to know why he opens the eyes go to the 96L Models Thread
1 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#62 Postby TheStormExpert » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:31 pm

Kazmit wrote:It seems like the only inhibitor we can foresee right now will be the potential for land interaction with CA, but even that is starting to look less likely :roll:

One model run doesn’t make a trend. Besides as several have stated a stronger system is more likely to feel the ridge building to its north and move into CA.
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

CyclonicFury
Category 5
Category 5

#63 Postby CyclonicFury » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:36 pm

TheStormExpert wrote:
Kazmit wrote:It seems like the only inhibitor we can foresee right now will be the potential for land interaction with CA, but even that is starting to look less likely :roll:

One model run doesn’t make a trend. Besides as several have stated a stronger system is more likely to feel the ridge building to its north and move into CA.

The ensembles have suggested for a while that 96L moving into CA and dissipating is far from a guarantee.
3 likes   
NCSU B.S. in Meteorology Class of 2021. Tropical weather blogger at http://www.cyclonicfury.com. My forecasts and thoughts are NOT official, for official forecasts please consult the National Hurricane Center.

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#64 Postby Aric Dunn » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:02 pm

another 1.5 hours added.

that is a mighty good looking rotating tower... if its not to the surface it wont take long.

3 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.
If there is nothing before... then just ask :)

Space & Atmospheric Physicist, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University,
I believe the sky is falling...

edu2703
Category 1
Category 1

#65 Postby edu2703 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:05 pm

ASCAT pass

1 likes   

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#66 Postby TheStormExpert » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:06 pm

CyclonicFury wrote:
TheStormExpert wrote:

The ensembles have suggested for a while that 96L moving into CA and dissipating is far from a guarantee.

Checkout the latest 18z EPS then.
1 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

ClarCari
Category 2
Category 2

#67 Postby ClarCari » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:12 pm

TheStormExpert wrote:
CyclonicFury wrote:
TheStormExpert wrote:One model run doesn’t make a trend. Besides as several have stated a stronger system is more likely to feel the ridge building to its north and move into CA.

We’re not saying you’re outright wrong and that it’s impossible, but from what you suggested in the models thread it’s not the best time right now to imply the U.S. is out of the woods. We’re just saying be careful bc this going into CA is not even close to certainty.
2 likes   

tiger_deF
Category 1
Category 1

#68 Postby tiger_deF » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:15 pm

ASCAT and it's mythical ability to completely miss the CoC of developing systems when we need it the most
3 likes   

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#69 Postby TheStormExpert » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:22 pm

ClarCari wrote:
TheStormExpert wrote:
CyclonicFury wrote:The ensembles have suggested for a while that 96L moving into CA and dissipating is far from a guarantee.

We’re not saying you’re outright wrong and that it’s impossible, but from what you suggested in the models thread it’s not the best time right now to imply the U.S. is out of the woods. We’re just saying be careful bc this going into CA is not even close to certainty.

Check the model runs then. Most if not all have this moving into CA. Whether or not it re-emerges is yet to be seen. But chances of a U.S. impact are quickly diminishing if you go by climatology.
0 likes   

ClarCari
Category 2
Category 2

#70 Postby ClarCari » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:24 pm

TheStormExpert wrote:
ClarCari wrote:
TheStormExpert wrote:Checkout the latest 18z EPS then.

Check the model runs then. Most if not all have this moving into CA. Whether or not it re-emerges is yet to be seen. But chances of a U.S. impact are quickly diminishing if you go by climatology.

Climatology this year has brought everything north. Model runs have also brought this north just as much as they have been into CA. I’m basing my prediction as a mix of both. I’m not looking into what I want to see but what I do see.
0 likes   

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#71 Postby TheStormExpert » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:28 pm

ClarCari wrote:
TheStormExpert wrote:
ClarCari wrote:We’re not saying you’re outright wrong and that it’s impossible, but from what you suggested in the models thread it’s not the best time right now to imply the U.S. is out of the woods. We’re just saying be careful bc this going into CA is not even close to certainty.

Climatology this year has brought everything north. Model runs have also brought this north just as much as they have been into CA. I’m basing my prediction as a mix of both. I’m not looking into what I want to see but what I do see.

At this point I’m beating a dead horse. But there’s going to be a ridge building in over the GoM and Florida to prevent anything from getting into the NW Caribbean. Hence the SW dip on the models on approach to CA.
1 likes   

ClarCari
Category 2
Category 2

#72 Postby ClarCari » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:30 pm

TheStormExpert wrote:
ClarCari wrote:
TheStormExpert wrote:Check the model runs then. Most if not all have this moving into CA. Whether or not it re-emerges is yet to be seen. But chances of a U.S. impact are quickly diminishing if you go by climatology.

At this point I’m beating a dead horse. But there’s going to be a ridge building in over the GoM and Florida to prevent anything from getting into the NW Caribbean. Hence the SW dip on the models on approach to CA.

From what source is there for sure going to be a ridge that stops this from going north at all???
This isn’t for arguments sake but for discussion purposes as plenty of models bringing this north strongly suggests this ridge has the potential to not be as deep and protect the gulf as one may think.
0 likes   

ElectricStorm
Category 5
Category 5

#73 Postby ElectricStorm » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:35 pm

Not saying it's going to be anything like it, but a certain M storm from 1998 comes to mind...
0 likes   
I am in no way a professional. Take what I say with a grain of salt as I could be totally wrong. Please refer to the NHC, NWS, or SPC for official information.

Boomer Sooner!

ElectricStorm
Category 5
Category 5

#74 Postby ElectricStorm » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:16 am

1. Shower activity associated with a large area of disturbed weather
over the Lesser Antilles and the eastern Caribbean Sea has become a
little more concentrated this evening. Conditions are expected to
be conducive for development of this disturbance during the next
few days, and a tropical depression is likely to form by the time
the system reaches the western Caribbean Sea early next week.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...40 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
2 likes   
I am in no way a professional. Take what I say with a grain of salt as I could be totally wrong. Please refer to the NHC, NWS, or SPC for official information.

Boomer Sooner!

CourierPR
Category 5
Category 5

#75 Postby CourierPR » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:18 am

TheStormExpert wrote:
ClarCari wrote:
TheStormExpert wrote:Check the model runs then. Most if not all have this moving into CA. Whether or not it re-emerges is yet to be seen. But chances of a U.S. impact are quickly diminishing if you go by climatology.

Well this afternoon, the NHC TWO mentioned something about it heading north but what do they know? I'll rely on the real storm experts. Oops! It was mentioned by a commercial meteorologist.
0 likes   

ClarCari
Category 2
Category 2

#76 Postby ClarCari » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:57 am

CourierPR wrote:
TheStormExpert wrote:
ClarCari wrote:Climatology this year has brought everything north. Model runs have also brought this north just as much as they have been into CA. I’m basing my prediction as a mix of both. I’m not looking into what I want to see but what I do see.

Well this afternoon, the NHC TWO mentioned something about it heading north but what do they know? I'll rely on the real storm experts. Oops! It was mentioned by a commercial meteorologist.

No need for that!
To be civil we shouldn’t doubt the possibility of a CA only run, but it does require preliminary support right now as every other Caribbean system has been brought north at some point in their track this fall.
1 likes   

GCANE
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#77 Postby GCANE » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:03 am

Wave is amplifying nicely.
Going to be some big-time convergence when it starts running up against the front.

1 likes   

Shell Mound
Category 5
Category 5

#78 Postby Shell Mound » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:19 am

https://twitter.com/webberweather/status/1321910455695265792

If this ends up moving into CA, then maybe the Florida “shield” is real after all. :lol:
0 likes   
CVW / MiamiensisWx / Shell Mound
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the NHC and NWS.

GCANE
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#79 Postby GCANE » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:21 am

Anti-cyclone in place.
Clearly seen on WV.
This is not an ARWB created from a Rossby Wave.
Rather, its a highly divergent CCKW. The nasty kind.

3 likes   

GCANE
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#80 Postby GCANE » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:22 am

Shell Mound wrote:https://twitter.com/webberweather/status/1321910455695265792
If this ends up moving into CA, then maybe the Florida “shield” is real after all. :lol:

I think the Nov TC's pretty much came from CAG's.
0 likes   

Return to “2020”