ATL: Remnants of INVEST 95L - Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Stormybajan
Category 1
Category 1

Re: ATL: INVEST 95L - Discussion

#181 Postby Stormybajan » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:10 pm

Once again 95L is trying a bit at night. Another convective blowup however as we have seen before will it hold? it should be in slightly warmer waters now to hold it together better but we will just have to keep watching over the next several hours
3 likes   
Sad West Indies and Manchester United fan ⚽️

ScottNAtlanta
Category 5
Category 5

#182 Postby ScottNAtlanta » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:50 pm

It is moving in to some really dry air though
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Category5Kaiju
Category 5
Category 5

#183 Postby Category5Kaiju » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:41 am

Here's the bottomline: imho I don't think 95L will really amount to something significant. It may be a weak to moderate TS at most, but I think the conditions it is moving into are going to be rough, with shear and dry air the biggest enemies for it. Things can obviously change, but I think compared to what we had like a week or so ago my guess is that it will go over the Lesser Antilles and then crash into Hispanola, where it will most likely be finished due to the terrain and hostile atmospheric conditions. If anything I think the models may be onto something regarding the wave behind it, but either way I am still going to give credit to 95L even if it does not become a NS as it was a truly remarkable sight for the first month of hurricane season.
2 likes   
Unless explicitly stated, all information covered in my posts is based on my opinions and observations. Please refer to a professional meteorologist or an accredited weather research agency otherwise, especially if serious decisions must be made in the event of a potentially life-threatening tropical storm or hurricane.

colbroe
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#184 Postby colbroe » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:48 am

95L is looking much better this morning should be bumped up to 70% this morning problems for the lesser Antillies in a day or so.
5 likes   

JRD
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#185 Postby JRD » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:58 am

Shear looks strong where it'll be heading.
http://tropic.ssec.wisc.edu/real-time/w ... oom=&time=
3 likes   

Chemmers
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#186 Postby Chemmers » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:13 am

Looking better and better with each hour, think we might say 50/70 maybe
1 likes   

aspen
Category 5
Category 5

#187 Postby aspen » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:24 am

HWRF is no longer developing this. Maybe it picks it back up later, but as someone else suggested earlier, maybe this wave acts to make the environment favorable ahead of the second wave that the GFS has developed into a hurricane for two runs in a row.
1 likes   
Irene '11 Sandy '12 Hermine '16 5/15/2018 Derecho Fay '20 Isaias '20 Elsa '21 Henri '21 Ida '21

I am only a meteorology enthusiast who knows a decent amount about tropical cyclones. Look to the professional mets, the NHC, or your local weather office for the best information.

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#188 Postby Aric Dunn » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:34 am

Best this has looked since leaving africa.. good chance we get something if convection holds today.
Last edited by Aric Dunn on Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
4 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.
If there is nothing before... then just ask :)

Space & Atmospheric Physicist, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University,
I believe the sky is falling...

Weatherboy1
Category 5
Category 5

#189 Postby Weatherboy1 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:37 am

First post for the 2021 season here (though I have been reading contributions of others). As some have noted already, 95 looks a LOT different now than at any point over the last few days. Definitely think its chances are on the upswing, and this will be noted in today's NHC outlooks. Will it jump straight to a TD soon? That's a bit of a stretch. But if we keep seeing deep convection firing and the structure of the wave improve, can't rule it out.
5 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#190 Postby Aric Dunn » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:58 am

Well we know there was well defined LLC/Vort max yesterday... this looks just a little suspicious.. Small systems will often go unnoticed by ASCAT. this of course was 6 hours ago..

6 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.

Stormybajan
Category 1
Category 1

#191 Postby Stormybajan » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:13 am

Aric Dunn wrote:Well we know there was well defined LLC/Vort max yesterday... this looks just a little suspicious.. Small systems will often go unnoticed by ASCAT. this of course was 6 hours ago..

https://i.ibb.co/74gSFzk/12.png

https://i.ibb.co/ccRMNPp/13.png

https://i.ibb.co/Qvp9Xmv/Capture.png

Thats suspicious indeed..will need to hold itself together though as you said earlier. We all know quick these tiny systems can intensify and also how easily they can be hindered
4 likes   

HurricaneEnzo
Category 2
Category 2

#192 Postby HurricaneEnzo » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:32 am

This thing looked like it was toast yesterday. Still out here fighting though.
1 likes   
Bertha 96' - Fran 96' - Bonnie 98' - Dennis 99' - Floyd 99' - Isabel 03' - Alex 04' - Ophelia 05' - Irene 11' - Arthur 14' - Matthew 16' - Florence 18' - Dorian 19' - Isaias 20' (countless other tropical storms and Hurricane swipes)

I am not a Professional Met just an enthusiast. Get your weather forecasts from the Pros!

Cat5James
Category 1
Category 1

#193 Postby Cat5James » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:34 am

Decent outflow.... is the main blob going to split from that "cord" connecting with 97L?
0 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#194 Postby Aric Dunn » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:37 am

Cat5James wrote:Decent outflow.... is the main blob going to split from that "cord" connecting with 97L?

Nope, that is a normal occurrence. all low pressure systems create lines of convergence between them. They will look connected until one dies or land causes the low level convergence to be disrupted
4 likes   

Shell Mound
Category 5
Category 5

#195 Postby Shell Mound » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:48 am

Weatherboy1 wrote:First post for the 2021 season here (though I have been reading contributions of others). As some have noted already, 95 looks a LOT different now than at any point over the last few days. Definitely think its chances are on the upswing, and this will be noted in today's NHC outlooks. Will it jump straight to a TD soon? That's a bit of a stretch. But if we keep seeing deep convection firing and the structure of the wave improve, can't rule it out.

Currently there is no sign of a mid-level circulation, much less a low-level centre. Additionally, even the ECMWF, especially its ensemble, has, like the GFS and HWRF, been too aggressive with tropical waves thus far in 2021. Over the past few days it showed 95L becoming a tropical storm by now, and that obviously has not transpired. VWS due to the TUTT should remain fairly strong and even increase as 95L bypasses the Lesser Antilles. Overall, I highly doubt that this system will become a depression or named storm, given model biases observed to date, the current absence of structural organisation, and current and expected VWS.
2 likes   
CVW / MiamiensisWx / Shell Mound
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the NHC and NWS.

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#196 Postby Aric Dunn » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:54 am

Shell Mound wrote:
Weatherboy1 wrote:First post for the 2021 season here (though I have been reading contributions of others). As some have noted already, 95 looks a LOT different now than at any point over the last few days. Definitely think its chances are on the upswing, and this will be noted in today's NHC outlooks. Will it jump straight to a TD soon? That's a bit of a stretch. But if we keep seeing deep convection firing and the structure of the wave improve, can't rule it out.

Currently there is no sign of a mid-level circulation, much less a low-level centre. Additionally, even the ECMWF, especially its ensemble, has, like the GFS and HWRF, been too aggressive with tropical waves thus far in 2021. Over the past few days it showed 95L becoming a tropical storm by now, and that obviously has not transpired. VWS due to the TUTT should remain fairly strong and even increase as 95L bypasses the Lesser Antilles. Overall, I highly doubt that this system will become a depression or named storm, given model biases observed to date, the current absence of structural organisation, and current and expected VWS.

and not one model developed Danny.. obviously, that did not happen... Darn those Model biases :spam:
9 likes   

Cat5James
Category 1
Category 1

#197 Postby Cat5James » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:02 am

Shell Mound wrote:

There is a clear vorticity signature at 850mb... let's see how 95L progresses through the day
1 likes   

Sciencerocks
Category 5
Category 5

#198 Postby Sciencerocks » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:58 am

3 likes   

abajan
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#199 Postby abajan » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:07 am

Despite an apparent outflow boundary, that looks pretty serious to me.
1 likes   

Stormybajan
Category 1
Category 1

#200 Postby Stormybajan » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:10 am

abajan wrote:

Despite an apparent outflow boundary, that looks pretty serious to me.

The thing is I think those images are delayed by like 4 hours ..right now its not doing so hot. Dry air seems to be the issue right now but 95L has always been a night kind of system so tonight is where the action will be closely watched
https://realearth.ssec.wisc.edu/
2 likes   

Return to “2021”