Greetings fellow S2K members!

Storm2k is proud to announce that we have entered into a partnership with HURRICANETRACK.COM owned by Mark Sudduth.

Moderators: hurricanetrack, S2k Moderators

hurricanetrack
HurricaneTrack.com
HurricaneTrack.com

Greetings fellow S2K members!

#1 Postby hurricanetrack » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:56 pm

I have been a Storm2K member since 2003 I believe and have enjoyed learning from the many talented people who post here regularly regarding tropical weather especially.

As part of this new partnership between Storm2K and HurricaneTrack, I will be posting unique and exclusive content from time to time. This will include archival videos, updates from my Hurricane Outlook and Discussion videos and of course, in-field reports, videos and pics during our work documenting hurricanes using our remote cams and weather monitoring stations.

So - to get things started, I wanted to post something really special from the benchmark hurricane of our generation: Katrina.

I recently captured the raw video from the actual Sony HC90 camcorder tapes (Mini-DV) to preserve it digitally just as it happened. If you have seen my "Tracking the Hurricanes: 2005" segments on YouTube then you've seen the edited Katrina video. What I am posting here is the raw, un-edited story of that historic event.

You'll see fellow Storm2K member and owner of Hurricane Analytics, Michael Watkins, who helped out from 2005 through 2012 with the field work. You'll also see things in chronological order, as events unfolded. No music soundtrack, no narration, no graphics. Just the raw "in the moment" action as Mike and I documented that incredible event.

I look forward to posting often in this forum and invite your comments, ideas, suggestions and general feedback. I often rederence Storm2K in my video discussions, citing several of the truly talented people here who know their stuff. I learn from you all just as you learn from me and it's great to be working with the best weather related board out there!

Link: https://youtu.be/8GGSuWfv5og
10 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re: Greetings fellow S2K members!

#2 Postby cycloneye » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:13 pm

Hello Mark and welcome to the new forum. We will learn a lot with your great analysis that you always do and see your field reports.
1 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#3 Postby tolakram » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:57 am

Hi Mark, thanks for giving us access to this unlisted video, great stuff! I'm excited about the S2K partnership.
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

artist
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby artist » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:14 pm

So exciting to see this!
0 likes   

Return to “HurricaneTrack.com”