ATL: IAN - Post-Tropical - Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re: ATL: INVEST 98L - Discussion

#461 Postby cycloneye » Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:41 pm

6 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Hypercane_Kyle
Category 5
Category 5

#462 Postby Hypercane_Kyle » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:23 pm

This is starting to organize at a good clip now. I think it's already close to becoming a tropical depression, if not already one. I wouldn't be surprised if advisories start at 5am.

8 likes   
My posts are my own personal opinion, defer to the National Hurricane Center (NHC) and other NOAA products for decision making during hurricane season.

sponger
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#463 Postby sponger » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:30 pm

On behalf of the entire State of Florida, you can go to hell CMC.

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysi ... 92300&fh=6
4 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

sma10
Category 5
Category 5

#464 Postby sma10 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:32 pm

Yeah, so I'm thinking the NHC probably wants to call this pretty soon, if for no other reason to start making the general public aware with official advisories. After all, there could be a genuine risk to the Keys in .. 4 days? Doesn't it take 48+ hrs to evacuate? 99% of the general public prob isn't even aware of this thing yet
5 likes   

PandaCitrus
Category 1
Category 1

#465 Postby PandaCitrus » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:33 pm

sponger wrote:On behalf of the entire State of Florida, you can go to hell CMC.

Yeah that's a horrible run. The property insurance market in FL is in such a precarious state right now a major hurricane hit will collapse the market. Nobody will be getting property insurance next year outside Citizens.
5 likes   

caneseddy
Category 5
Category 5

#466 Postby caneseddy » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:35 pm

Tell that to ICON and GFS too lol
5 likes   

sponger
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#467 Postby sponger » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:37 pm

PandaCitrus wrote:

Yeah that's a horrible run. The property insurance market in FL is in such a precarious state right now a major hurricane hit will collapse the market. Nobody will be getting property insurance next year outside Citizens.

Yep. Citizens is now writing 70% of the polices in the State.

Who is the largest insurer in Florida?
The 25 Largest Florida Homeowners Insurance Companies:
Largest Insurance Company Policies in Force
1 Universal Property and Casualty Insurance Company 577,263
2 Citizens Property Insurance Corporation 466,506
3 Security First Insurance Company 334,335
4 Federated National Insurance Company 272,335
2 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

skyline385
Category 5
Category 5

#468 Postby skyline385 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:40 pm

caneseddy wrote:

Tell that to ICON and GFS too lol

Yea all 3 of the 0Z runs partially or completely stalling over FL, feels like some new upper level data dump just went in for these runs.
1 likes   

AJC3
Admin
Admin

#469 Postby AJC3 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:46 pm

sma10 wrote: So I'm thinking the NHC probably wants to call this pretty soon, if for no other reason to start making the general public aware with official advisories. After all, there could be a genuine risk to the Keys in .. 4 days? Doesn't it take 48+ hrs to evacuate? 99% of the general public prob isn't even aware of this thing yet

The convection is persistent enough to say that It's pretty much a sheared/displaced CDO with an exposed LLC that's just waiting for the shear to subside. As long as that cold topped convection maintains itself, and I think it will, advisories are nearly a given at 5AM.
13 likes   

sma10
Category 5
Category 5

#470 Postby sma10 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:50 pm

AJC3 wrote:
sma10 wrote: So I'm thinking the NHC probably wants to call this pretty soon, if for no other reason to start making the general public aware with official advisories. After all, there could be a genuine risk to the Keys in .. 4 days? Doesn't it take 48+ hrs to evacuate? 99% of the general public prob isn't even aware of this thing yet

The convection is persistent enough to say that It's pretty much a sheared/displaced CDO with an exposed LLC that's just waiting for the shear to subside. As long as that cold topped convection maintains itself, and I think it will, advisories are nearly a given at 5AM.

Agree 100%. Some of these model runs are just too risky for them to wait any longer besides. Potential of evacuations for the entire Keys and up both coasts. Ugh
2 likes   

CrazyC83
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#471 Postby CrazyC83 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:57 pm

sma10 wrote:
AJC3 wrote:

Agree 100%. Some of these model runs are just too risky for them to wait any longer besides. Potential of evacuations for the entire Keys and up both coasts. Ugh

I mentioned in the models thread that we need to get extra balloon launches to determine the trough strength (having launches at 6Z and 18Z would help) and Gonzo would be of great use in the Gulf and western Caribbean. We're not in Fantasyland anymore.
10 likes   

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#472 Postby chaser1 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:09 am

AJC3 wrote:

I'm starting to think the same; far sooner then I was anticipating and a "ramp-up" that really does imply this eventual storm has some nasty intentions
1 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

SFLcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#473 Postby SFLcane » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:14 am

Wow as I sit here tonight looking at this IR loop I can’t shake the bad feeling I have about this storm. The circulation looks very impressive and it’s now bursting pink IR I don’t want to see what this is going to look like once it makes it into the western Caribbean.

Shear ahead it is dropping fast.

4 likes   

AtlanticWind
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#474 Postby AtlanticWind » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:22 am

This storm seems like it might be similar to the sept 1948 hurricane that hit Florida.
Formed near Jamaica moved north into S Florida in late September.
2 likes   

Hurricaneman
Category 5
Category 5

#475 Postby Hurricaneman » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:23 am

I’m seeing a possible relocation possibly happening under the MLC with an eddy visible outside the convection, still broad but possibly relocating under the convection
1 likes   

us89
Category 1
Category 1

#476 Postby us89 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:24 am

Wonder if an early development means some of the more southern/western solutions may be back on the table. Center is going to get tugged underneath all of that convection to the west southwest.
1 likes   

SFLcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#477 Postby SFLcane » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:24 am

Hurricaneman wrote:I’m seeing a possible relocation possibly happening under the MLC with an eddy visible outside the convection, still broad but possibly relocating under the convection

Na, llc has been well established for a while now it’s been just sheared.
4 likes   

Landy
Category 1
Category 1

#478 Postby Landy » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:24 am

Slowly feeling like a lose-lose scenario for me. Extended family lives primarily in SWFL while I'm up in Daytona; shift N or S just means either of us would be in play. Here's to hoping this doesn't get as strong as models suggest. :oops:
5 likes   

Stormi
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#479 Postby Stormi » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:04 am

Landy wrote:Slowly feeling like a lose-lose scenario for me. Extended family lives primarily in SWFL while I'm up in Daytona; shift N or S just means either of us would be in play. Here's to hoping this doesn't get as strong as models suggest. :oops:

Just take a deep breath & prep. You lose NOTHING by doing so. Could still be quite valuable over winter. Don't panic, but hurry. I'm going tmw. Does no harm being prepared, especially in given times.
6 likes   

canebeard
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#480 Postby canebeard » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:17 am

SFLcane wrote:
Hurricaneman wrote:I’m seeing a possible relocation possibly happening under the MLC with an eddy visible outside the convection, still broad but possibly relocating under the convection

Na, llc has been well established for a while now it’s been just sheared.
Just as likely is that the current convective bomb will fade and the next bomb will go off more over the current center. Then as the shear decreases another bomb will ignite over the current circulation as it gets into w carib.
Last edited by canebeard on Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 likes   
List of 79 tropical cyclones intercepted by Richard Horodner:
http://www.canebeard.com/page/page/572246.htm
former storm2k screenname Beoumont 2009+

Return to “2022”