ATL: EARL - Models

Moderator: S2k Moderators

aspen
Category 5
Category 5

Re: ATL: INVEST 91L - Models

#441 Postby aspen » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:11 pm

Kingarabian wrote:
NDG wrote:Wow, the Euro is folding to the GFS in the pattern, didn't see that coming :D

All of a sudden it has a strong trough at hour 144-168.

This recurving that weak will be the stamp on the state of this season lol.

The final nail in the coffin for even a near-normal season. If this can’t develop after 2 weeks in the deep tropics during peak climo, then there’s no way the rest of the season will be any better.
2 likes   
Irene '11 Sandy '12 Hermine '16 5/15/2018 Derecho Fay '20 Isaias '20 Elsa '21 Henri '21 Ida '21

I am only a meteorology enthusiast who knows a decent amount about tropical cyclones. Look to the professional mets, the NHC, or your local weather office for the best information.

DestinHurricane
Category 4
Category 4

#442 Postby DestinHurricane » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:13 pm

aspen wrote:
Kingarabian wrote:
NDG wrote:Wow, the Euro is folding to the GFS in the pattern, didn't see that coming :D

All of a sudden it has a strong trough at hour 144-168.

This recurving that weak will be the stamp on the state of this season lol.

The final nail in the coffin for even a near-normal season. If this can’t develop after 2 weeks in the deep tropics during peak climo, then there’s no way the rest of the season will be any better.

Yeah i'd agree as far as peak season/CV activity is concerned. It was a joke this year. However, you can never completely rule out a storm like Michael, Opal, or Nate late in the season.
3 likes   
Destin/Santa Rosa Beach, Florida: Ivan 2004, Dennis 2005, Michael 2018, Sally 2020

Fort Lauderdale, Florida Eta 2020, Many future storms!

THE Ohio State University: :cold:

LarryWx
Category 5
Category 5

#443 Postby LarryWx » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:17 pm

SFLcane wrote:
LarryWx wrote:
SFLcane wrote:Euro with an easy recurve near 70w.

Indeed, which means the 12Z UKMET moving due west way on down near Cuba is an extreme SW outlier and thus likely wrong like usually is the case when it is a far SW outlier. But if it were to somehow not be wrong, then obviously everything changes.

It is wrong we have been here before. Its always late to join the rest of the models.

It can't actually be wrong until it is wrong. But the odds are high it will end up wrong since it is the UKMET against all others and it is way SW. So, it would be crazy to bet on the UKMET, which nobody including myself is doing here on the board. Regardless, I'm waiting for an actual TC center to be declared (if it ever is) to see what we'll actually have to track and where the center would be.
1 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

LarryWx
Category 5
Category 5

#444 Postby LarryWx » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:58 pm

The 12Z EPS says hold your beer, we can't yet give the all clear to the US. 20% of members do not recurve safely, which appears to be an increase.
2 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

pgoss11
Category 2
Category 2

#445 Postby pgoss11 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:02 pm

LarryWx wrote:The 12Z EPS says hold your beer, we can't yet give the all clear to the US. 20% of members do not recurve safely, which appears to be an increase.

Geesh. I love tracking storms but I’m so done with this thing that’s not even a storm yet.
1 likes   

LarryWx
Category 5
Category 5

#446 Postby LarryWx » Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:10 pm

pgoss11 wrote:
LarryWx wrote:The 12Z EPS says hold your beer, we can't yet give the all clear to the US. 20% of members do not recurve safely, which appears to be an increase.

Geesh. I love tracking storms but I’m so done with this thing that’s not even a storm yet.

Actually, I'm the opposite. I often enjoy tracking disturbances even more as there's much more uncertainty thus making it more of a challenge and thus more interesting.

I checked and the % of 12Z EPS hitting/threatening the US is much higher than recent runs and is thus the most threatening EPS in a number of days. Granted it is still only at 20%, but it is as I said a big increase fwiw. It actually even has about 10% of its members (half the threats) way down SW near the 12Z UKMET!
3 likes   

pgoss11
Category 2
Category 2

#447 Postby pgoss11 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:16 pm

LarryWx wrote:
pgoss11 wrote:

Actually, I'm the opposite. I often enjoy tracking disturbances even more as there's much more uncertainty

thus making it more of a challenge and thus more interesting.

I checked and the % of 12Z EPS hitting/threatening the US is much higher than recent runs and is thus the most threatening EPS in a number of days. Granted it is still only at 20%, but it is as I said a big increase fwiw. It actually even has about 10% of its members (half the threats) way down SW near the 12Z UKMET!

I can understand the challenge with these systems and how one might enjoy tracking them and I’m usually onboard with that but for some reason this one is just too frustrating.
2 likes   

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#448 Postby NDG » Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:19 pm

Euro ensembles have a big spread.

3 likes   

Kingarabian
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#449 Postby Kingarabian » Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:29 pm

Might be a wonky run by the deterministic Euro then. We'll see.

But I agree completely. Can't discount the UKMET until it's actually wrong. Also can't ignore anything because we've yet to have a solid center to track.
0 likes   
RIP Kobe Bryant

Blown Away
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#450 Postby Blown Away » Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:30 pm

NDG wrote:Euro ensembles have a big spread.

https://i.imgur.com/y3HEUkJ.png

12z ECENS a little more interesting.
0 likes   
Hurricane Eye Experience: David 79, Irene 99, Frances 04, Jeanne 04, Wilma 05...
Hurricane Brush Experience: Andrew 92, Erin 95, Floyd 99, Matthew 16, Irma 17, Ian 22, Nicole 22…

Teban54
Category 5
Category 5

#451 Postby Teban54 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:53 pm

NDG wrote:Euro ensembles have a big spread.

https://i.imgur.com/y3HEUkJ.png

That random Cat 4 SC strike lmao
0 likes   

Hammy
Category 5
Category 5

#452 Postby Hammy » Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:50 pm

GFS backing off is throwing a huge wrench in my confidence that this season can still be active as that leaves only the CMC showing any reasonable strengthening. The next 72 hours are make or break for that--if 91L ends up busting then it's an indicator that the season will likely be more of the same the rest of the season.
1 likes   
The above post is not official and should not be used as such. It is the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is not endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

sma10
Category 5
Category 5

#453 Postby sma10 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:13 pm

LarryWx wrote:
pgoss11 wrote:

Actually, I'm the opposite. I often enjoy tracking disturbances even more as there's much more uncertainty thus making it more of a challenge and thus more interesting.

20% is significant number, given the systems current location plus the deterministic solutions.

It tells me that the system is likely to be picked up, but that it could potentially be a tight margin for error
0 likes   

Jr0d
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#454 Postby Jr0d » Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:30 pm

Ive been hesitant to write this off..despite what the models were showing a few days ago.

Obviously a shallower system could very well miss the connection to go north.

Still too much uncertainty...despite the long range showing more weakness that should ultimately push this north.

Until it makes a definite turn or a trough is on the way, im still going to watching this.

Despite being relatively small, i suppose some energy could get pulled north and some left behind to eventually find favorable conditions over the hot water north of Cuba
1 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#455 Postby tolakram » Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:30 pm

18Z Euro-fast is out. Pretty well defined for 2022, though it might fall apart in 48 hours.

0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

LarryWx
Category 5
Category 5

#456 Postby LarryWx » Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:29 pm

Kingarabian wrote:

Might be a wonky run by the deterministic Euro then. We'll see.

But I agree completely. Can't discount the UKMET until it's actually wrong. Also can't ignore anything because we've yet to have a solid center to track.

The 18Z EPS suggests that the wider 12Z EPS spread was a bit of a fluke because the 18Z has gone back to a narrower spread with fewer US threats at 144 vs 12Z at 150.
1 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#457 Postby tolakram » Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:05 pm

Full euro 18Z. Better organized.

1 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

floridasun
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Re: ATL: EARL - Models

#458 Postby floridasun » Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:21 pm

now we know what models nhc looking for track of new storm earl
0 likes   

DestinHurricane
Category 4
Category 4

#459 Postby DestinHurricane » Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:47 pm

00Z GFS looking rather odd lol. Things gonna split in 2? :P
0 likes   
Destin/Santa Rosa Beach, Florida: Ivan 2004, Dennis 2005, Michael 2018, Sally 2020

Fort Lauderdale, Florida Eta 2020, Many future storms!

THE Ohio State University: :cold:

floridasun
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#460 Postby floridasun » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:34 pm

DestinHurricane wrote:00Z GFS looking rather odd lol. Things gonna split in 2? :P

i dont see that
0 likes   

Return to “2022”