SIO: FREDDY - Remnants

Moderator: S2k Moderators

ElectricStorm
Category 5
Category 5

Re: SIO: FREDDY - Tropical Cyclone

#281 Postby ElectricStorm » Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:58 pm

Now the question is will the entire 2023 Atlantic season be able to beat Freddy's ACE...
7 likes   
I am in no way a professional. Take what I say with a grain of salt as I could be totally wrong. Please refer to the NHC, NWS, or SPC for official information.

Boomer Sooner!

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#282 Postby cycloneye » Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:25 pm

Bulletin of March 07 at 10:38 p.m. local time in Reunion (9.38 p.m. local time in Mayotte):

TROPICAL CYCLONE number 7

(FREDDY)

Maximum winds (averaged over 10 minutes) estimated at sea: 150 km/h.

Estimated maximum gusts at sea: 215 km/h.

Estimated pressure at the center: 957 hPa.

Position on March 07 at 10 p.m. local time: 22.8 South / 41.7 East.

Distance from the Reunion coast: 1405 km to the sector: WEST

Distance from Mayotte: 1170 km to the sector: SOUTH-SOUTH-WEST

Movement: NORTH-WEST, at 7 km/h.

System Information:

- Tropical cylone FREDDY has intensified further over the past few hours.

- FREDDY continues its movement towards the North-West, accelerating slightly, moving it away from the Malagasy south-west coast.

- Despite the residual persistence of heavy seas, weather conditions are generally improving, particularly in terms of rain and wind in the province of Atsimo-Andrefana. However, the inhabitants of this region are invited to listen to the instructions of the local authorities.

- Keeping a trajectory in a general direction of the North-West, FREDDY could present during its movement intensity fluctuations during the next three days. However, a more marked intensification is possible from Thursday evening when the system will be on final approach to the coast of Mozambique. The arrival on the coast is scheduled for Friday evening, or even during the night of Friday to Saturday, probably at the level of the province of Zambezi.

- Weather conditions should gradually deteriorate, with the arrival of strong winds in the next 48 hours (probability of risk between 20 and 40%). In view of the uncertainty linked to the movement of the system, the impacts will be specified and refined later according to the next available data.

0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#283 Postby Iceresistance » Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:30 pm

JetFuel_SE wrote:
Iceresistance wrote:ADT is shooting up, Freddy is a Category 2 again.

It'd say it's likely at least a C3 by now, wouldn't be surprised if we see a mid-C4 out of this.

Yep, ADT is now at 115 mph.
0 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Winter 2020-2021 :cold:

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted.

Winter posts are focused mainly for Oklahoma & Texas.

Take any of my forecasts with a grain of salt, refer to the NWS, SPC, and NHC for official information

Never say Never with weather! Because ANYTHING is possible!

Category5Kaiju
Category 5
Category 5

#284 Postby Category5Kaiju » Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:57 pm

ElectricStorm wrote:Now the question is will the entire 2023 Atlantic season be able to beat Freddy's ACE...

The more important question I have is will there ever even be an Atlantic storm in the future that beats Freddy in ACE? Freddy has already comfortably exceeded storms like Ivan, the 1899 hurricane, and Irma in total ACE.
1 likes   
Unless explicitly stated, all information covered in my posts is based on my opinions and observations. Please refer to a professional meteorologist or an accredited weather research agency otherwise, especially if serious decisions must be made in the event of a potentially life-threatening tropical storm or hurricane.

JetFuel_SE
Category 1
Category 1

#285 Postby JetFuel_SE » Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:24 pm

Category5Kaiju wrote:
ElectricStorm wrote:Now the question is will the entire 2023 Atlantic season be able to beat Freddy's ACE...

The more important question I have is will there ever even be an Atlantic storm in the future that beats Freddy in ACE? Freddy has already comfortably exceeded storms like Ivan, the 1899 hurricane, and Irma in total ACE.

Don't you guys dare jinx this, I don't need 40+ days of continuous singular hurricane anytime soon.
2 likes   

InfernoFlameCat
Category 5
Category 5

#286 Postby InfernoFlameCat » Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:30 pm

Theoretically we could have a Cabo Verde hurricane that tracks across the Atlantic, recurves near North America, then is forced down back into the MDR and once again travels across the Atlantic to then bury itself into Texas or something. If we ever get a storm named Freddy in the Atlantic...
0 likes   
I am by no means a professional. DO NOT look at my forecasts for official information or make decisions based on what I post.

Goal: to become a registered expert over tropical and subtropical cyclones.

Hurricane2022
Category 4
Category 4

#287 Postby Hurricane2022 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:34 pm

5 likes   
Sorry for the bad English sometimes...!
For reliable and detailed information for any meteorological phenomenon, please consult the National Hurricane Center, Joint Typhoon Warning Center , or your local Meteo Center.

--------

Una cvm Christo, pro Christo, et in Christo. Sit nomen Domini benedictvm.

galaxy401
Category 5
Category 5

#288 Postby galaxy401 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:51 pm

Category5Kaiju wrote:

Only way I can think of is a basin crosser storm. Forms off Africa, moves into the Caribbean, crosses Central America into the EPAC. Then it keeps chugging westward, eventually passes Hawaii, and finally reaches the WPAC where it either curves up near Japan or makes it to China. But this is near impossible because any ridge will pick up the storm northward at any point.
0 likes   
Got my eyes on moving right into Hurricane Alley: Florida.

InfernoFlameCat
Category 5
Category 5

#289 Postby InfernoFlameCat » Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:55 pm

galaxy401 wrote:
Category5Kaiju wrote:

Only way I can think of is a basin crosser storm. Forms off Africa, moves into the Caribbean, crosses Central America into the EPAC. Then it keeps chugging westward, eventually passes Hawaii, and finally reaches the WPAC where it either curves up near Japan or makes it to China. But this is near impossible because any ridge will pick up the storm northward at any point.

The Hawaii area is also 9/10 times the killer of storms. The central pacific is quite hostile for several reasons. Mainly it's the lack of OHC.
0 likes   
I am by no means a professional. DO NOT look at my forecasts for official information or make decisions based on what I post.

Goal: to become a registered expert over tropical and subtropical cyclones.

JetFuel_SE
Category 1
Category 1

#290 Postby JetFuel_SE » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:06 pm

galaxy401 wrote:
Category5Kaiju wrote:

Just get a long tracker like Irma that ends up reforming in the subtropics then goes on to challenge Leslie in drunkenness. "Easy" 80-90 ACE.
I just jinxed it, didn't I?
0 likes   

KWT
Category 5
Category 5

#291 Postby KWT » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:42 pm

Freddy looks pretty impressive tonight, hard to imagine it not getting towards that 110-120kts range at this point, and from there who knows.

Either way though, becoming increasingly likely Ioke's time at the top of the ACE table is coming to an end. Still will be a close run thing though.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products

Hurricane2022
Category 4
Category 4

#292 Postby Hurricane2022 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:07 pm

0 likes   
Sorry for the bad English sometimes...!
For reliable and detailed information for any meteorological phenomenon, please consult the National Hurricane Center, Joint Typhoon Warning Center , or your local Meteo Center.

--------

Una cvm Christo, pro Christo, et in Christo. Sit nomen Domini benedictvm.

Teban54
Category 5
Category 5

#293 Postby Teban54 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:23 pm

InfernoFlameCat wrote:If we ever get a storm named Freddy in the Atlantic...

Considering that Frederic-Fabian-Fred happened to Atlantic's List 1, who knows. Maybe Freddy will enter the naming list one day, maybe even on List 1 as an ancestor of Fred :lol:
0 likes   

Category5Kaiju
Category 5
Category 5

#294 Postby Category5Kaiju » Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:26 pm

According to the latest GFS, Freddy makes landfall over Mozambique, but then it reemerges off of the coast and travels down the Mozambique Channel into the open Indian Ocean again (seemingly headed southward though toward Antarctica).

If this happens, I might just name my future son Freddy so that he could be very strong and never give up on life. :lol:
5 likes   
Unless explicitly stated, all information covered in my posts is based on my opinions and observations. Please refer to a professional meteorologist or an accredited weather research agency otherwise, especially if serious decisions must be made in the event of a potentially life-threatening tropical storm or hurricane.

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#295 Postby cycloneye » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:01 pm

Bulletin of March 08 at 04:43 local time in Reunion (03.43 local time in Mayotte)

TROPICAL CYCLONE number 7

(FREDDY)

Maximum winds (averaged over 10 minutes) estimated at sea: 150 km/h.

Estimated maximum gusts at sea: 215 km/h.

Estimated pressure at the center: 963 hPa.

Position on March 08 at 04 local time: 22.2 South / 41.0 East.

Distance from the Reunion coast: 1475 km to the sector: WEST

Distance from Mayotte: 1120 km to the sector: SOUTH-SOUTH-WEST

Movement: NORTH-WEST, at 17 km/h.

System Information:

- The tropical cylone FREDDY maintained its intensification during the night, and confirms its acceleration in the direction of the North-West, thus moving away from the Malagasy south-west coast thus leading to a clear improvement in weather conditions for the South of Madagascar.

- Maintaining a trajectory towards the North-West, FREDDY could present during its movement a weakening during the next 24 hours, temporarily downgrading the system to the stage of a strong storm. However, a renewed intensity remains possible from Thursday when the system will be on final approach to the coast of Mozambique, thanks in particular to an increase in ocean potential. The arrival on the Mozambican coasts is scheduled for Friday evening, or even during the night of Friday to Saturday, very probably at the level of the province of Zambezi.

- The weather conditions should gradually deteriorate, with the arrival of strong winds in the next 48 hours (risk probability between 20 and 40%, increasing significantly from Saturday). The occurrence of destructive winds is also significant from Friday in the landing zone on the coast of the Zambezi province, probably between Quelimane and Pébane (point to be confirmed during the next trajectory forecasts). The sea state will be dangerous on the coast, with a significant risk of marine flooding. Heavy rains are also expected over the Zambezi province, but remaining fairly concentrated and not widespread given the relatively small size of the system
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Blown Away
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#296 Postby Blown Away » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:45 pm

Absolutely amazing how Freddy has been bouncing around for a month… Really cool!!!
1 likes   
Hurricane Eye Experience: David 79, Irene 99, Frances 04, Jeanne 04, Wilma 05...
Hurricane Brush Experience: Andrew 92, Erin 95, Floyd 99, Matthew 16, Irma 17, Ian 22, Nicole 22…

doomhaMwx
Category 5
Category 5

#297 Postby doomhaMwx » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:40 pm

These Radarsat SAR passes over Cyclone Freddy yesterday (Mar 7) were ~13hrs apart and show how the system quickly intensified during that period. The 02:47Z pass found max winds of 78kts, while the 15:43Z pass found 95kts, and the RMW had contracted from 11nmi (20km) to 8nmi (15km)!

6 likes   
Like my content? Consider giving a tip.

aspen
Category 5
Category 5

#298 Postby aspen » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:01 pm

Freddy’s eye has closed, likely due to a bit of shear that’ll probably plague the system until closer to landfall. The HWRF has shown a broken eyewall until the last day before landfall, in which it intensifies into a low-end Cat 4.
0 likes   
Irene '11 Sandy '12 Hermine '16 5/15/2018 Derecho Fay '20 Isaias '20 Elsa '21 Henri '21 Ida '21

I am only a meteorology enthusiast who knows a decent amount about tropical cyclones. Look to the professional mets, the NHC, or your local weather office for the best information.

ChrisH-UK
Category 1
Category 1

#299 Postby ChrisH-UK » Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:49 am

Freddy this morning.

Source -https://col.st/Cpvll
0 likes   

ChrisH-UK
Category 1
Category 1

#300 Postby ChrisH-UK » Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:08 am

Looking at the GFS 6z run Freddy looks to hit the coast of Mozambique but not go in land but staying out over water before hitting Madagascar again and if the GFS 6z run stays like it is I could see Freddy as a hurricane hitting Madagascar for the 3rd time.

GFS 10m MSLP

GFS 850mb
0 likes   

Return to “2023”