Category 5

Re: ATL: RINA- Models

#22 Postby ScottNAtlanta » Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:35 pm

Teban54 wrote:

Not too far off from the reality: :lol:
https://i.postimg.cc/tCVNyBCz/image.png

...but will they end up that way????
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

USTropics
Category 5
Category 5

Re: ATL: RINA - Models

#23 Postby USTropics » Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:34 pm

For the systems to undergo true Fujiwara, we'll first need to see a binary interaction (i.e., neither storm dominates, but is treated equally) or if one of the systems becomes the more dominant feature (i.e., absorbs the other). If binary interaction does occur, This is an oversimplified example of what could occur, where our axis (pink) is established with a common center point (blue). Rina would then rotate counterclockwise around this midpoint (orange; to the northwest) and Philippe would rotate counterclockwise as well (green; to the southeast):

But why does that happen? A more detailed explanation, if we examine our systems from a non-rotating reference frame (i.e., inertial frame) perspective, our systems would just continue in a straight line (no common axis or center point would exist). However, Earth's surface is a rotating reference frame, and we still have this deflection occurring due to Coriolis effect. As our two systems exhibiting cyclonic vorticity interact, their rotation patterns aren't canceled out and Coriolis effect from the rotating reference frame is still occurring. This effect is what can lead to the storms appearing to move in arcs or circles around a common midpoint from the rotating reference frame (i.e., Earth's rotation causes sinusoidal periodicity, which is why we have this rotation pattern during Fujiwara).
6 likes   

Return to “2023”