Signing into Discord

This forum is for making test posts, requesting assistance, and making suggestions

Moderator: S2k Moderators

AnnularCane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Signing into Discord

#1 Postby AnnularCane » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:17 pm

I keep trying to sign into Discord chat, but every time I enter my email it says it's already registered. How do I get past that? I'm already a member of the Storm2k group (and several others).
0 likes   
"But it never rained rain. It never snowed snow. And it never blew just wind. It rained things like soup and juice. It snowed mashed potatoes and green peas. And sometimes the wind blew in storms of hamburgers." -- Judi Barrett, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

tolakram
Admin
Admin

Re: Signing into Discord

#2 Postby tolakram » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:21 pm

AnnularCane wrote:I keep trying to sign into Discord chat, but every time I enter my email it says it's already registered. How do I get past that? I'm already a member of the Storm2k group (and several others).

If the email is already registered and you don't remember the password then I'd try forgot password somewhere, I'm sure Discord supports that.
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

AnnularCane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby AnnularCane » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:58 pm

There's no forgot password. It just tells me my email is already registered but I don't know what else to do to get in. Is there a link or something that can maybe somehow bypass that? I have managed to get in in the past.
0 likes   
"But it never rained rain. It never snowed snow. And it never blew just wind. It rained things like soup and juice. It snowed mashed potatoes and green peas. And sometimes the wind blew in storms of hamburgers." -- Judi Barrett, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#4 Postby tolakram » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:11 pm

AnnularCane wrote:There's no forgot password. It just tells me my email is already registered but I don't know what else to do to get in. Is there a link or something that can maybe somehow bypass that? I have managed to get in in the past.

I'm not sure what you are seeing but this is a Discord issue. If you're putting in your email it sounds like you are trying to sign up rather than use an existing login. Just to make sure we're on the same page here, Discord is a commercial service we happen to use to host the S2K chat room. We have no control over your account or login information. If I go to https://discord.com I see this page:

If I click Login I see this:

0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

AnnularCane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#5 Postby AnnularCane » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:18 pm

I finally managed to get in, but can I get an invite to Storm2k? I had to use a different email.
0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#6 Postby tolakram » Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:33 am

AnnularCane wrote:I finally managed to get in, but can I get an invite to Storm2k? I had to use a different email.

Just click on the link in my signature, it should always work as an invite.
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -

AnnularCane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#7 Postby AnnularCane » Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:46 am

Thanks, I'll try that after I get out of Discord quarantine.
0 likes   

Return to “Tests, Help, & Suggestions”