A look at the up comming week!

Winter Weather Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K

A look at the up comming week!

#1 Postby Guest » Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:33 pm

Well as has been advertised parts of the USA looks to be turning colder again as we move through the week with a possible explosive system forming anywhere from the Ohio Valley/Great Lakes or farther NE into the NE or off the NE coast in the Gulf of ME??????

Either way you look at it someone is gonna be getting some snow from it more then likely...........Question is who or where?

My early thoughts is somewhere from the Eastern/Central Great Lakes (Central Michigan) over into the interior of the NE (Especially higher areas) from NW PA to the NNE into Western, NY,N. NH, VT, and Western ME.....................Which of course means i expect the system to develop in the Central Apps and head ene with a possible bomb exploding off the ME coast! I will mention as well that if this system develops quicker farther south and west so will the snow!!!!!! Which is possible! I still say its a bit too early to say what exactly will happen but with the possibilities that exist it should all be mentioned!

And just to add both the NAO and the AO are headed for the tank!

Below is a look at the AO!

Below here is the NAO!

Below here i have added the PNA as well! Which btw is headed for a upswing!!!!
0 likes   

weatherlover427

#2 Postby weatherlover427 » Sun Oct 12, 2003 7:22 pm

This means what? I am lost. :o
0 likes   

#3 Postby Guest » Sun Oct 12, 2003 7:35 pm

Not much for your area Josh....................However by late next weekend or the week after places a bit farther north from you like in N.CA (San Francisco) on up the coast to WA could be seeing a big change with those areas becoming more stormier as the jet may begin to make its way there from the Pacific????
Right now its a possibility but way way to early to say for sure yet................

Other then that this week everything looks to be passing to your North and East.................More or less expect the same conditions this week till atleast next weekend!!!!! Most of the storminess/Colder temps should stay east of the Rockies this week!
0 likes   

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby wx247 » Sun Oct 12, 2003 7:51 pm

Hey King... what do you expect for areas of the Central US like Iowa, Missouri, and Arkansas?
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Colin
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby Colin » Sun Oct 12, 2003 8:21 pm

Looks like I may get some nasty weather Tuesday afternoon and evening... with the explosive system you are talking about.
0 likes   

roarusdogus
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Re: A look at the up comming week!

#6 Postby roarusdogus » Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:11 pm

king of weather wrote:Well as has been advertised parts of the USA looks to be turning colder again as we move through the week with a possible explosive system forming anywhere from the Ohio Valley/Great Lakes or farther NE into the NE or off the NE coast in the Gulf of ME??????

Either way you look at it someone is gonna be getting some snow from it more then likely...........Question is who or where?

My early thoughts is somewhere from the Eastern/Central Great Lakes (Central Michigan) over into the interior of the NE (Especially higher areas) from NW PA to the NNE into Western, NY,N. NH, VT, and Western ME.....................Which of course means i expect the system to develop in the Central Apps and head ene with a possible bomb exploding off the ME coast! I will mention as well that if this system develops quicker farther south and west so will the snow!!!!!! Which is possible! I still say its a bit too early to say what exactly will happen but with the possibilities that exist it should all be mentioned!

Below here is the NAO!

HMMM, your early thoughts look exactly like JB's post today. I know you wouldn't be taking his ideas and portraying them as your own, so I won't even accuse you of that. :? This is a tough week of forecasting ahead. There is so much variance among the models right now, it's insane. With this in mind, the NWS will be clueless without model agreement. Look for the possibilty of busts on the NWS part in their medium range forecasts. Interesting that tonights EC has a day of very warm weather for parts of the midwest at the end of the week.
0 likes   

Re: A look at the up comming week!

#7 Postby Guest » Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:49 pm

roarusdogus wrote:
king of weather wrote:Well as has been advertised parts of the USA looks to be turning colder again as we move through the week with a possible explosive system forming anywhere from the Ohio Valley/Great Lakes or farther NE into the NE or off the NE coast in the Gulf of ME??????

Below here is the NAO!

HMMM, your early thoughts look exactly like JB's post today. I know you wouldn't be taking his ideas and portraying them as your own, so I won't even accuse you of that. :? This is a tough week of forecasting ahead. There is so much variance among the models right now, it's insane. With this in mind, the NWS will be clueless without model agreement. Look for the possibilty of busts on the NWS part in their medium range forecasts. Interesting that tonights EC has a day of very warm weather for parts of the midwest at the end of the week.

You are very very wise to say that especially seeing how i dont care much for JB AT ALL! Please do not ever even suggest such a thing as most already know how i feel about the great bustardi!!!!!
I never have and never will pay nor read any of his crap! Sorry if i offend anyone! But that remark i dont take to kind to!

NUF SAID!

Anyways it will be a very intresting week to say the least!!!!!!
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#8 Postby vbhoutex » Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:46 pm

Roarusdogus, I find it interesting that you would even make a comment like that(a JB comparison) without knowing KOW too well or whether he has any expertise at forecasting, WHICH I CAN ASSURE YOU HE HAS!! I presume there are some who would take that as a compliment. I know plenty of others that would not. I will leave my comments on that right there.

As far as the upcoming week is concerned it will be interesting to forecast imo and as you said difficult for some. We are moving into a changing pattern which sometimes can confound even the best of us when trying to forecast.

As for me I will stick with KOW for right now since I am still focusing on the tropics.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

roarusdogus
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#9 Postby roarusdogus » Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:49 am

vbhoutex wrote:Roarusdogus, I find it interesting that you would even make a comment like that(a JB comparison) without knowing KOW too well or whether he has any expertise at forecasting, WHICH I CAN ASSURE YOU HE HAS!! I presume there are some who would take that as a compliment. I know plenty of others that would not. I will leave my comments on that right there.

As far as the upcoming week is concerned it will be interesting to forecast imo and as you said difficult for some. We are moving into a changing pattern which sometimes can confound even the best of us when trying to forecast.

As for me I will stick with KOW for right now since I am still focusing on the tropics.

Actually, while I am new here, I have been on the other weather boards for quite sometime now. So, I know more about many of the people here than you might think. Enough of that though. 00z runs were heading in the direction of a stronger storm moving through Ohio and into Lake Erie. This would mean a nice wind driven rain around here for me. I don't think critical thickness will get low enough for snow with this storm but you never know, these autumn storms can sometimes produce enough of their own cold air to make up for the lack of advectable cold air. Anyway, we can use the rain around here, so I won't complain. The question is how much cold air comes in behind it. 850 temps slightly below zero won't cut it for any real snow from lake effect or weak s/w, so I'm no too excited about the snow potential during the week around the midwest. However, I'm keeping an eye on the s/w this weekend. Like I said last night, the EC has a big time warm up as this s/w moves SE out of Canada but will there be colder air behind it than during midweek? Colder air should be avaliable in Canada by then, so it's more of a question of how amplified the pattern is, as is will the Pacific Jet be strong enough to shunt any cold air east rather than south.
0 likes   

azsnowman
Category 5
Category 5
Location: Pinetop Arizona. Elevation 7102' (54 miles west of NM border)

#10 Postby azsnowman » Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:57 am

I know the week ahead for us is "HOTTER THAN HADES!" *sigh*.......I'm so SICK of this damn HEAT! ALL time record highs for Friday, Saturday and Sunday, Phoenix and all areas south of me are back into the 100's+. Can you believe this horsechit???? I "HATE" the heat...."Grrrrrrrr!"

Here's a clip from the AFD:

. RIDGE MAY AMPLIFY CONSIDERABLY
BY LATE IN THE WEEK AND INTO NEXT WEEKEND FOR WELL ABOVE NORMAL
DAYTIME TEMPERATURES. PETERSON.
&&

.FGZ WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES...NONE.

Dennis :cry:
0 likes   

roarusdogus
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#11 Postby roarusdogus » Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:11 am

azsnowman wrote:I know the week ahead for us is "HOTTER THAN HADES!" *sigh*.......I'm so SICK of this damn HEAT! ALL time record highs for Friday, Saturday and Sunday, Phoenix and all areas south of me are back into the 100's+. Can you believe this horsechit???? I "HATE" the heat...."Grrrrrrrr!"

Here's a clip from the AFD:

. RIDGE MAY AMPLIFY CONSIDERABLY
BY LATE IN THE WEEK AND INTO NEXT WEEKEND FOR WELL ABOVE NORMAL
DAYTIME TEMPERATURES. PETERSON.
&&

.FGZ WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES...NONE.

Dennis :cry:

I really feel for you guys in the southwest and the west in general. It seems like the western ridging just won't go away, at least not for any appreciable time. It of course helps the eastern folks out who want cold and snow but you guys need a change. How are your temps around your elevation? How cool has it been so far this season?
0 likes   

therock1811
Category 5
Category 5

#12 Postby therock1811 » Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:51 am

I guess only time will tell......it is supposed to snow in the Rockies today.....
0 likes   

IndianaWx
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#13 Postby IndianaWx » Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:21 pm

NWS Forecast is going for occasional rain tomorrow and tomorrow night. Tomorrow night will be the most of the nasty weather days cause of the 30+ mph wind ( higher gusts poss. ) and rain. A cold, blustery, wind driven rain.

After that it will return to near/maybe above normal temperatures. Don't ask when next cold shot cause I absolutely do not know.
0 likes   

JCT777
Category 5
Category 5

#14 Postby JCT777 » Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:18 pm

I look forward to cooler weather by week's end. At this point, it seems like Thursday through the weekend should bring high temps in the 55 to 62 degree range, as opposed to the 72 to 77 degree weather of Friday through today.
0 likes   

azsnowman
Category 5
Category 5

#15 Postby azsnowman » Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:19 pm

Well, let's see, our highs are still runnin' in the low 70's, that's about 15° above normal. Now the night time lows are cool, runnin' around 33-34°.....still no hard freeze which is VERY unusual.

Dennis
0 likes   

bkhusky2
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#16 Postby bkhusky2 » Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:20 pm

Good grief, highs in the low 70's and lows in the 30's? What's your dp there?
0 likes   

azsnowman
Category 5
Category 5

#17 Postby azsnowman » Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:35 pm

Right now.....VERY low as you can tell, it's been in the low to mid 20's, RH "Phhhft!" WHAT HUMIDITY?? At times, the rh is ALMOST in the single digits, 10-12%!

Dennis
0 likes   

Return to “Winter Weather”