Who sees snow this week?

Winter Weather Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
mathias1979
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

Who sees snow this week?

#1 Postby mathias1979 » Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:49 pm

Things are looking chilly for Wednesday-Thursday time frame with lots of cold spilling in from Cananda. The question is, who sees their first flakes this week? The cold is defintely there, GFS has thicknesses in my area (Orange County, NY) below 528 Thurs with 850 temps around -7. Is there enough moisture. But is there enough moisture come late Wednesday and Thursday? Certainly areas south of the lakes, Syracuse, Bradford got a good shot at seeing their first accumulating snows. And certainly northern New York, the Adirondacks, the higher elevations of New England. But how far south can we squeeze out some flurries? I keeping my fingers crossed for my area, certainly a possibility at this point. Even Mount Holly has added flurries to the forecast all the way down to Philly! Anyone got any thoughts?

-Matt
0 likes   

nystate
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby nystate » Sun Oct 19, 2003 3:21 pm

I'm in Jefferson County (Watertown) and the NWS has a 30% chance of snow for us Weds. night with a low of 30...but I'm hoping that 30% chance changes into a 90% chance :D First accumulating snows in Jeff. county were on Oct. 2, but just over the Tug hill; here in Watertown we have just seen a few flakes.
0 likes   

mathias1979
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#3 Postby mathias1979 » Sun Oct 19, 2003 3:34 pm

Flow doesn't look very favorable to get much off the lake there in Watertown this week. Maybe you guys will get lucky enough to get some accumulation though. But my bet is on Syracuse at this point.

-Matt
0 likes   

Return to “Winter Weather”