And here comes winter..cough cough!

Winter Weather Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
StormCrazyIowan
Category 5
Category 5

And here comes winter..cough cough!

#1 Postby StormCrazyIowan » Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:25 pm

Yeah, I'm sick! And these chilly temperateures are not helping the situation! We are seeing temps. around here that are more likely during late October/early November! I haven't seen frost yet, but I won't have to try tomorrow; we have a Freeze Warning in effect for tonight, when lows are expected to drop to a cold 24°! That temp. just happens to be the record low for this day, so any colder and we will be breaking the record! Aside from a forecasted high of 66° on Friday, our temps. are expected to stay in the 50's for the next week. Did I sleep too long and miss fall?? :lol:
0 likes   

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2 Postby wx247 » Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:43 pm

I am wondering the same thing Jacki. The low here tonight should hit around 35º. Brr... I think early next week is gonna feel like an icebox north of I-70. :o
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

pojo
Military Member
Military Member

#3 Postby pojo » Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:31 pm

Me too! Where did Fall go????? Its been rather chilly around here....winds are blowing off the Bay of Green Bay causing windchills on campus! (campus is extreme NE side of GRB, just off the Bay). There is a possibility fo the s word during the night.
0 likes   

PTrackerLA
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby PTrackerLA » Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:41 pm

Wow those are some cold temps for this early, looks like it's going to be a long winter up north!
0 likes   

bfez1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: Meraux--10 mi E of New Orleans-totally destroyed by Katrina

#5 Postby bfez1 » Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:49 pm

How does that song go??? Button up your overcoat!!!
:) :) :)
0 likes   

Colin
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby Colin » Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:20 pm

I love it...cold temps, hot chocolate, Christmas, and SNOW!!!! :D Just doesn't get any better than this! ;)
0 likes   

StormCrazyIowan
Category 5
Category 5

#7 Postby StormCrazyIowan » Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:24 pm

Yeah, minus the flu!!! LOL, as soon as I get over this ever-nagging cold I will be a little more enthusiastic, the end of the year is always the best, Halloween, my 21st birthday, Christmas, and New Year's, nothing wrong with all that!
0 likes   

breeze
Category 5
Category 5

#8 Postby breeze » Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:26 pm

"Have yourselves a Merry Little Christmas....
...may your days be bright....."

(*oh, shut UP, breeze!!!)

LOL, well - dang - I am like the kids in
school - looking for SNOW DAYS from work!
Hey - if the office patients can't make it in,
neither can their nurse! :D

Jacki, keep taking the cure I told 'ya about...;)
0 likes   

JetMaxx

#9 Postby JetMaxx » Thu Oct 02, 2003 11:53 pm

Jacki, EVERYONE down here it seems is either sick (like me..."achoo"!), or has been sick. My baby sis has tonsilitis, stepmom has the flu, dad is getting over the "head cold from hell" I currently have...and my grandmother and great aunt both had the flu a couple weeks ago (great aunt had pneumonia :(

It's some kind of nasty bug going around, although the sudden and early surge of polar air certainly hasn't helped matters any. We've already seen mid-40's three times, and it's currently 49° with a dewpoint of 37° here west of Atlanta, and will likely drop to 41-43° by dawn.

Widespread frost is expected in the NE Georgia mountains tonight...the first time I've seen that occur this early in October since the late 1970's.
If this is any indication of the winter to follow in Georgia, get ready for high heating bills and bone chilling cold...brrr!!! :o
0 likes   

Amanzi
Category 5
Category 5

#10 Postby Amanzi » Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:28 am

JetMaxx wrote:Jacki, EVERYONE down here it seems is either sick (like me..."achoo"!), or has been sick. My baby sis has tonsilitis, stepmom has the flu, dad is getting over the "head cold from hell" I currently have...and my grandmother and great aunt both had the flu a couple weeks ago (great aunt had pneumonia :(

It's some kind of nasty bug going around, although the sudden and early surge of polar air certainly hasn't helped matters any. We've already seen mid-40's three times, and it's currently 49° with a dewpoint of 37° here west of Atlanta, and will likely drop to 41-43° by dawn.

Widespread frost is expected in the NE Georgia mountains tonight...the first time I've seen that occur this early in October since the late 1970's.
If this is any indication of the winter to follow in Georgia, get ready for high heating bills and bone chilling cold...brrr!!! :o

Perry sorry to hear you and your family have not been well...

I was just wondering if you were thinking along the lines of a cold winter down south... I dont know much about winter weather, being in Florida, but I get really excited even just to see the temps get to freezing...hey I need some excuse to drink hot chocolate, and actually use our fireplace ;)

Last winter was really cool because there were snow flurries in Daytona... I know its a freak thing, but Im hoping it happens again this year :)
0 likes   

JQ Public
Category 5
Category 5

#11 Postby JQ Public » Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:46 am

Sorry you guys are missing out on a fall, but fall looks to be sticking around here for a good long time. Hopefully we should have a nice color show this year!
0 likes   

SacrydDreamz
Category 1
Category 1

Re: And here comes winter..cough cough!

#12 Postby SacrydDreamz » Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:20 am

StormCrazyIowan wrote:Yeah, I'm sick! And these chilly temperateures are not helping the situation! We are seeing temps. around here that are more likely during late October/early November! I haven't seen frost yet, but I won't have to try tomorrow; we have a Freeze Warning in effect for tonight, when lows are expected to drop to a cold 24°! That temp. just happens to be the record low for this day, so any colder and we will be breaking the record! Aside from a forecasted high of 66° on Friday, our temps. are expected to stay in the 50's for the next week. Did I sleep too long and miss fall?? :lol:

Hope you're feeling well now!
0 likes   

StormCrazyIowan
Category 5
Category 5

#13 Postby StormCrazyIowan » Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:14 pm

Not too bad, I've passed the worst side of this cold! We have our heater going now, something that RARELY happens before Halloween, if that says anything! Forecasters are saying that we might have our Indian Summer next week, more like we might actually get back near NORMAL temperatures!! Oh well, if it is a sign that the pattern is changing and we won't be quite so dry this year, I'm all for it!
0 likes   

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#14 Postby wx247 » Sun Oct 05, 2003 8:37 pm

Well now I have sinus infection. :( These colds can't be passed online can they? ;)

The only good news is that it is supposed to be close to normal the next couple of days.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

breeze
Category 5
Category 5

#15 Postby breeze » Sun Oct 05, 2003 9:03 pm

Hmmmmm.....get away from me, buddy...
...I'll, er...talk to you, later...! :o

LOL! ;)
0 likes   

Return to “Winter Weather”