About this forum...........And other news!

Winter Weather Discussion

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K

About this forum...........And other news!

#1 Postby Guest » Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:33 pm

Well i would like to welcome everyone to the Winter weather forum!:)

I look forward to alot of great discussions to be had here in the next several months as we apporach and head into winter..........

As well i would like to ask that all topics UNRELATED to WINTER and current obs (unless its a record and or cold snap) please be posted in the USA forum so we can keep them both going strong throughout the winter...................This will help as well in keeping the same topics from appearing in both forums.

More or less what is hope to be had here in this forum is the discussion of up comming possible winter events or winter events thats currently happening and such..................Thanks again everyone for making this the BEST PLACE TO BE FOR THE WINTER!

I would also like to mention you can get all sorts of info at the Storm2K weather central by clicking the link below my Sig. There you will find all sorts of gooding like a up to date snowcover map/ Wither a broader one comming soon..... And as well you can take a look at your local radars, SPC outlooks, Satellites (Beeing updated soon with better shots) and as well we have a model pages which can be found by clicking the region to which you live and you can get all the latest model trends and info! This as well may be changed as we look for a even better model site then we already have!

Would also like to mention you can get a storm2kcast at weather central for the USA and soon we will be doing a region by region forecast done by the Storm2K forecasters!

Again welcome to the forum and lets bring on the cold and snow!!!!
0 likes   

Colin
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby Colin » Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:32 pm

I'm with ya...BRING IT ON!!! :D
0 likes   

StormCrazyIowan
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby StormCrazyIowan » Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:09 pm

Me too! :D
0 likes   

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby wx247 » Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:31 pm

Winter, winter, winter. Say it with me now... winter, winter, winter! Okay, okay... you get the point. ;)
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

StormCrazyIowan
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby StormCrazyIowan » Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:33 pm

No, please.....spell it out! :roll: :lol:
0 likes   

DelStormLover
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#6 Postby DelStormLover » Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:06 pm

Ok.....
W
I
N
T
E
R

WINTER

W I
N T
E R

R
E
T
N
I
W

Thats all the ways i could think of.
0 likes   

JCT777
Category 5
Category 5

#7 Postby JCT777 » Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:32 am

Harry - I also am looking forward to winter, and your analysis of the weather throughout the winter season. And of course I hope to have the opportunity to test my snowfall forecasting abilities in the northeast/mid-atlantic many times in the next 6 months. 8-)
0 likes   

#8 Postby Guest » Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:01 pm

I also wanted to remind people as well that we have a Chatroom here at Storm2K to discuss all the winter storms as they happen!

To get there look up at the top of the page and you will find it (Chat) Drop on in!
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#9 Postby chadtm80 » Thu Oct 09, 2003 5:19 pm

I also wanted to remind people as well that we have a Chatroom here at Storm2K to discuss all the winter storms as they happen!

To get there look up at the top of the page and you will find it (Chat) Drop on in!

If you prefer to use an IRC client instead of the "Java" version, here is the info you will need:

Server - irc.stormdancing.net
Port - 6664 or 6667
Channel - #storm2k

Hope to see you all there.. Were open 24-7.. Moderator fully for the most part, but we do not always have an active mod in there during the overnight hours, but you are always welcome, no matter what time it is :-)
0 likes   

StormCrazyIowan
Category 5
Category 5

#10 Postby StormCrazyIowan » Thu Oct 09, 2003 6:41 pm

LMAO, way to spell it out!
0 likes   

IndianaWx
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#11 Postby IndianaWx » Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:25 pm

I'm sure we will all have a great deal of fun over here when winter approaches. For now we just have to wait for that first snow.

*Waits....*
0 likes   

Return to “Winter Weather”