Texas Spring 2021

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Texas Spring 2021

#101 Postby Iceresistance » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:52 am

captainbarbossa19 wrote:
jasons2k wrote:Comparing 2021 to 2011:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/06/weather/ ... index.html

Hopefully precipitation will not be similar in Texas to that year because we all know what happened then. I'm surprised they didn't call for a mega-drought in the article to add suspense.

You don't always need a mega-drought for this, 2011 had a developing drought . . .
0 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Winter 2020-2021 :cold:

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted.

Winter posts are focused mainly for Oklahoma & Texas.

Take any of my forecasts with a grain of salt, refer to the NWS, SPC, and NHC for official information

Never say Never with weather! Because ANYTHING is possible!

TexasBreeze
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#102 Postby TexasBreeze » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:09 am

That drought summer was terrible. It was fully developed. Fires everywhere. The dry air literally ate up TS Don!
0 likes   

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#103 Postby Iceresistance » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:34 am

Severe weather outbreak still not out of the question 4-6 days out . . .

0 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Take any of my forecasts with a grain of salt, refer to the NWS, SPC, and NHC for official information

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#104 Postby Iceresistance » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:38 am

What is the 12z GEFS Ensembles looking? 12z GEFS on COD Meteorology does not exist for some reason . . .

EDIT: It has started very late there . . .
0 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#105 Postby Iceresistance » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:10 pm

Oh no . . . This would be a Nightmare . . . :eek:

(Note, this is the MAX SCP)
1 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Yukon Cornelius
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#106 Postby Yukon Cornelius » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:56 pm

Aside from lost flora, more sad news as a result of the cold. We’ve been checking the ranch over the past fews days and so far with about 3/4 of the acreage checked we’ve lost 50 mature Blackbucks, 45 of them being bucks with a good percentage of those being absolute monster trophys. Also lost have been a handful of Axis deer, a couple Fallow deer and 2 trophy whitetail bucks. The Gemsbok and Audad faired really well with no loses. What surprises me most is the Fallow and Whitetail.
2 likes   
#neversummer

Texas Snowman
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#107 Postby Texas Snowman » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:26 pm

Yukon Cornelius wrote:Aside from lost flora, more sad news as a result of the cold. We’ve been checking the ranch over the past fews days and so far with about 3/4 of the acreage checked we’ve lost 50 mature Blackbucks, 45 of them being bucks with a good percentage of those being absolute monster trophys. Also lost have been a handful of Axis deer, a couple Fallow deer and 2 trophy whitetail bucks. The Gemsbok and Audad faired really well with no loses. What surprises me most is the Fallow and Whitetail.

In Wichita County?
0 likes   
The above post and any post by Texas Snowman is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#108 Postby Iceresistance » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:59 pm

Texas Snowman wrote:
Yukon Cornelius wrote:Aside from lost flora, more sad news as a result of the cold. We’ve been checking the ranch over the past fews days and so far with about 3/4 of the acreage checked we’ve lost 50 mature Blackbucks, 45 of them being bucks with a good percentage of those being absolute monster trophys. Also lost have been a handful of Axis deer, a couple Fallow deer and 2 trophy whitetail bucks. The Gemsbok and Audad faired really well with no loses. What surprises me most is the Fallow and Whitetail.

In Wichita County?

Petrolia, TX is in Clay County
1 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Yukon Cornelius
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#109 Postby Yukon Cornelius » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:05 am

Texas Snowman wrote:

In Wichita County?

Clay
0 likes   
#neversummer

dhweather
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#110 Postby dhweather » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:20 am

There's untold massive numbers of wildlife deaths from the winter storm. I found several dead birds around the house the week after, its really sad. I know its nature doing its thing, but still.

And we await full Spring to see how much landscape damage was done. :cry:
1 likes   
The above post and any post by dhweather is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

funster
Category 3
Category 3

#111 Postby funster » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:30 am

captainbarbossa19 wrote:
jasons2k wrote:Comparing 2021 to 2011:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/06/weather/ ... index.html

Hopefully precipitation will not be similar in Texas to that year because we all know what happened then. I'm surprised they didn't call for a mega-drought in the article to add suspense.

Or megafauna. The last we need are mastodons roaming the suburbs :-O In all seriousness though I hope we don't have a bad tornado season. A lot of trees have lost leaves because of the arctic blast. I don't know if that makes them more or less likely to snap from wind.
0 likes   

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#112 Postby Iceresistance » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:21 am

What is with the 12z GEFS? It's trending South!

0 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Yukon Cornelius
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#113 Postby Yukon Cornelius » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:24 pm

dhweather wrote:

There's untold massive numbers of wildlife deaths from the winter storm. I found several dead birds around the house the week after, its really sad. I know its nature doing its thing, but still.

The native whitetail population looks great still. I did a quick thermal scan from a small portion of a 28,000 acre ranch road and saw thousands of healthy looking deer. My main concern is the native quail and turkey populations. Unfortunately the cold didn’t seem to phase the feral hog population.
3 likes   
#neversummer

rolldamntoad
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#114 Postby rolldamntoad » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:29 pm

Yukon Cornelius wrote:
dhweather wrote:

The native whitetail population looks great still. I did a quick thermal scan from a small portion of a 28,000 acre ranch road and saw thousands of healthy looking deer. My main concern is the native quail and turkey populations. Unfortunately the cold didn’t seem to phase the feral hog population.

Texas Parks & Wildlife has asked for reports of wildlife deaths following the winter storm: https://www.inaturalist.org/projects/wi ... ife-deaths
3 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Refer to NOAA products, local authorities, and your local media.

TeamPlayersBlue
Category 5
Category 5

#115 Postby TeamPlayersBlue » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:42 pm

As a future Denver resident, been following the storm they have coming this weekend and wow, I've never followed anything like it. Expecting over 60" of snow in Boulder.
3 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Yukon Cornelius
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#116 Postby Yukon Cornelius » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:57 pm

TeamPlayersBlue wrote:As a future Denver resident, been following the storm they have coming this weekend and wow, I've never followed anything like it. Expecting over 60" of snow in Boulder.

I’m heading to Westcliffe tomorrow. Even being a little further south it should be interesting. Hoping to thread the needle and make it over the pass before the big stuff starts.
2 likes   
#neversummer

TeamPlayersBlue
Category 5
Category 5

#117 Postby TeamPlayersBlue » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:08 pm

Yukon Cornelius wrote:
TeamPlayersBlue wrote:As a future Denver resident, been following the storm they have coming this weekend and wow, I've never followed anything like it. Expecting over 60" of snow in Boulder.

I’m heading to Westcliffe tomorrow. Even being a little further south it should be interesting. Hoping to thread the needle and make it over the pass before the big stuff starts.

Love that town. My buddy says we deserve a key to the town. Every year we drive to Crested Butte and for some reason we are good samaritans helping people in and around the town during our trip lol.

Which pass Raton? It looks like most of the heavy stuff will be further north and east.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Yukon Cornelius
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#118 Postby Yukon Cornelius » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:29 pm

TeamPlayersBlue wrote:
Yukon Cornelius wrote:

Love that town. My buddy says we deserve a key to the town. Every year we drive to Crested Butte and for some reason we are good samaritans helping people in and around the town during our trip lol.

Which pass Raton? It looks like most of the heavy stuff will be further north and east.

Yeah, Raton. That’s what it’s looking like to me too.
0 likes   
#neversummer

somethingfunny
ChatStaff
ChatStaff

#119 Postby somethingfunny » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:40 pm

Ntxw wrote:Here we go again.

https://i.imgur.com/sy9JIdD.gif

How are we looking now with this?
0 likes   
I am not a meteorologist, and any posts made by me are not official forecasts or to be interpreted as being intelligent. These posts are just my opinions and are probably silly opinions.

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#120 Postby Brent » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:41 am

somethingfunny wrote:
Ntxw wrote:Here we go again.

https://i.imgur.com/sy9JIdD.gif

How are we looking now with this?

Lol so much for that :spam:

Although it will be cooler later next week but still nothing close to that
0 likes