Texas Fall 2021

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

Re: Texas Fall 2021

#201 Postby Ntxw » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:28 pm

rwfromkansas wrote:It keeps thundering. But, zip. Some to my southwest that will either evaporate or miss me and stuff to the west that’s moving so slow it won’t get into DFW.

Come on, man.

DFW's winds are out of the north now with dp around 60 which isn't great. That outflow boundary Bubba talked about was really unlucky. The bulk of the building storms will be to the south along that boundary and ahead where dews are 65-70. North side may clip but it's not the best moisture content to work with.
0 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

cstrunk
Category 2
Category 2

#202 Postby cstrunk » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:35 pm

rwfromkansas wrote:It keeps thundering. But, zip. Some to my southwest that will either evaporate or miss me and stuff to the west that’s moving so slow it won’t get into DFW.

Come on, man.

Ditto in Longview. Some areas to my immediate west and south got some nice rain for sure. I enjoyed the lightning show. Thought the colliding boundaries would blow it up overhead but looks like I was just out of position. It's dying out now. Still managed to get the ground wet. 0.12".
0 likes   

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#203 Postby Iceresistance » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:41 am

.65 recorded at my house
1 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Winter 2020-2021 :cold:

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted.

Winter posts are focused mainly for Oklahoma & Texas.

Take any of my forecasts with a grain of salt, refer to the NWS, SPC, and NHC for official information

Never say Never with weather! Because ANYTHING is possible!

Quixotic
Category 2
Category 2

#204 Postby Quixotic » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:55 am

Third day in a row we got skunked.
0 likes   

Haris
Category 5
Category 5

#205 Postby Haris » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:14 am

My house in Austin got nearly 3" but ive been in DFW this week and so pissed...

What a terrible cursed situation. And now no more chances for the next 2 weeks again. :grr:
Last edited by Haris on Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   
Weather geek and a storm spotter in West Austin. Not a degreed meteorologist. Big snow fan. Love rain and cold! Despise heat!

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#206 Postby Iceresistance » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:49 am

Haris wrote:My house in Austin got nearly 3" but ive been in DFW this week and so pissed...

What a terrible cursed situation. And now no more chances for the next 2 weeks again. Love it! :grr: :grr: :grr:

I don't know, maybe YOU'RE the curse! :eek: :lol:
2 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Take any of my forecasts with a grain of salt, refer to the NWS, SPC, and NHC for official information

cstrunk
Category 2
Category 2

#207 Postby cstrunk » Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:09 pm

cstrunk wrote:

Come on, man.

Ditto in Longview. Some areas to my immediate west and south got some nice rain for sure. I enjoyed the lightning show. Thought the colliding boundaries would blow it up overhead but looks like I was just out of position. It's dying out now. Still managed to get the ground wet. 0.12".

Cashed in nicely today! 1.54" with this round.
1 likes   

rwfromkansas
Category 5
Category 5

#208 Postby rwfromkansas » Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:55 pm

Well, have .39 total from this event so far. Hope some more comes to get at least a half-inch. I will reduce my sprinkler then.

I notice the FWD site says 80 percent chance of rain overnight in their graphic from this morning. But, the area forecast for my location from a more recent forecast shows only 60 percent.

So, it seems the chances are decreasing yet again from initial forecasts.

The good news: no 90s in the forecast.
0 likes   

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#209 Postby Ntxw » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:01 pm

We may push 90 by the latter half of next week as a ridge tries to pump ahead of a western trof.
1 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

bubba hotep
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#210 Postby bubba hotep » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:00 am

Ntxw wrote:We may push 90 by the latter half of next week as a ridge tries to pump ahead of a western trof.

On the ensembles, the patter looks pretty stagnant all the way into November. No signs of any significant cool downs for Texas as the mean trough stays mostly anchored out West and too far West to even get rain into Texas. Looks like our extended summer will continue for most of October :spam:
0 likes   
Winter time post are almost exclusively focused on the DFW area.

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#211 Postby Iceresistance » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:45 am

1.05 inches of rain from this morning's storms, grand total is 1.7 inches . . .
1 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

bubba hotep
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#212 Postby bubba hotep » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:09 am

Iceresistance wrote:1.05 inches of rain from this morning's storms, grand total is 1.7 inches . . .

Rain from this event was actually pretty widespread, it just danced all around DFW lol
0 likes   
Winter time post are almost exclusively focused on the DFW area.

rwfromkansas
Category 5
Category 5

#213 Postby rwfromkansas » Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:42 am

Guess that’s it. Didn’t even get my .50.

So upsetting that things look bleak until November. I am patient. I used to live in West TX. You had to be.
But…I hope that’s wrong.

In any case, of course we had to pay for our great early summer.
0 likes   

starsfan65
Category 2
Category 2

#214 Postby starsfan65 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:14 pm

bubba hotep wrote:
Ntxw wrote:We may push 90 by the latter half of next week as a ridge tries to pump ahead of a western trof.

On the ensembles, the patter looks pretty stagnant all the way into November. No signs of any significant cool downs for Texas as the mean trough stays mostly anchored out West and too far West to even get rain into Texas. Looks like our extended summer will continue for most of October :spam:
I hope not!! I hate hot weather!!
0 likes   

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#215 Postby Brent » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:04 pm

88 next Friday :spam: I thought summer was over

We did at least get some good rain here though I will say that
0 likes   
#neversummer

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#216 Postby Ntxw » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:38 pm

There is a deep western trough advertised by guidance in the medium to long range. While the air isn't Arctic in nature, if we can continue the Eastern Canada/NAO blocking in place it will force these troughs/cooler air to dive south vs sliding off in a zonal flow.

The implications are more than just whether it gets cold. The blocking is in place so when the source of air changes, we hold whatever is there. Right now it blocks Pacific air to lock in, but deeper into the season that should change. Key here is to keep the blocking in place.
3 likes   

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

TheProfessor
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#217 Postby TheProfessor » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:17 pm

Ntxw wrote:There is a deep western trough advertised by guidance in the medium to long range. While the air isn't Arctic in nature, if we can continue the Eastern Canada/NAO blocking in place it will force these troughs/cooler air to dive south vs sliding off in a zonal flow.

The implications are more than just whether it gets cold. The blocking is in place so when the source of air changes, we hold whatever is there. Right now it blocks Pacific air to lock in, but deeper into the season that should change. Key here is to keep the blocking in place.

There are some signs that favor blocking during the winter, the question will be if that blocking favors us, or if it's displaced to the east where we only get a glancing blow.
0 likes   
An alumnus of The Ohio State University.

Your local National Weather Service office is your best source for weather information.

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#218 Postby Ntxw » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:03 pm

TheProfessor wrote:
Ntxw wrote:There is a deep western trough advertised by guidance in the medium to long range. While the air isn't Arctic in nature, if we can continue the Eastern Canada/NAO blocking in place it will force these troughs/cooler air to dive south vs sliding off in a zonal flow.

There are some signs that favor blocking during the winter, the question will be if that blocking favors us, or if it's displaced to the east where we only get a glancing blow.

I'm liking the idea that the blocking will continue as last winter over on North America's side vs starting in Scandinavia/Caspian region as it has so many times the past decade. What cold air we get loves to slides to Eastern Canada, if it's blocked it will go south.
3 likes   

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#219 Postby Iceresistance » Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:07 pm

End of the 12z GFS run & is unlikely to happen, but this is kinda crazy for Mid-October in Panhandle Texas

2 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#220 Postby Ntxw » Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:34 pm

Near normal the next few days will gradually rise to warm/hot by next weekend. A few days of 90s next weekend possible.
0 likes   

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”