Texas Summer 2022

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
Itryatgolf
Category 1
Category 1

Re: Texas Summer 2022

#761 Postby Itryatgolf » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:03 pm

Hi everyone. I was in Jonesboro ar but now I'm in jackson tn for a while. Wxman57 says he likes it hot and he better not complain whatsoever. He getting his wish
1 likes   

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#762 Postby Iceresistance » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:18 pm

30 day SOI index now below +10, does that mean that we could have a negative SOI index with the La Niña?
0 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Winter 2020-2021 :cold:

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted.

Winter posts are focused mainly for Oklahoma & Texas.

Take any of my forecasts with a grain of salt, refer to the NWS, SPC, and NHC for official information

Never say Never with weather! Because ANYTHING is possible!

captainbarbossa19
Category 5
Category 5

#763 Postby captainbarbossa19 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:44 pm

Finally getting a decent rain shower for the first time in about a month. Praise the Lord!
4 likes   

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#764 Postby Iceresistance » Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:49 pm

captainbarbossa19 wrote:Finally getting a decent rain shower for the first time in about a month. Praise the Lord!

The .3 inches I got Yesterday was the most in 44 days. (Yes I did check OK Mesonet)
3 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Take any of my forecasts with a grain of salt, refer to the NWS, SPC, and NHC for official information

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#765 Postby Ntxw » Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:03 pm

weatherdude1108 wrote:
gpsnowman wrote:
Ntxw wrote:Portland, OR is forecasted to be 100s down the road and Seattle into the 90s. This is joy for Texas! Inverse correlation.

Just like last year when the Pacific Northwest was baking and we were not so hot. I agree with this scenario.

I have a friend who lives in Portland. He mentioned the terrible heat last year, while we were getting regular rains. This year he boasts about highs in the 70s lows in the 50s, while we bake and suffer. So yes, I am agreeing we should see a flip, so I can rub it in and see him on the flip side! :D But seriously, this can't happen soon enough. I'll be on vacation starting next Friday in Hawaii for a couple weeks (never been). We'll probably get 5 inches and be in the 80s while I'm out, and Hawaii will get a heat wave.lol

The upper ridge is definitely not stacked so not the crazy 105+ every day. However the lower thermal ridging is still in place. In any other year such a pattern would yield below normal temps and ample chances for rainfall. This will be reprieve but unless you are getting rain it will be hot still. Several degrees above normal.
6 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

gpsnowman
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#766 Postby gpsnowman » Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:17 pm

We are about to hit peak averages for the summer season until around mid August or so. Then they drop slowly and the long shadows indicate shorter days leading to fall. I'm more than ready.
4 likes   

Cpv17
Category 5
Category 5

#767 Postby Cpv17 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:22 pm

gpsnowman wrote:We are about to hit peak averages for the summer season until around mid August or so. Then they drop slowly and the long shadows indicate shorter days leading to fall. I'm more than ready.

Why would anyone like shorter days?
0 likes   

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#768 Postby Iceresistance » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:48 pm

Cpv17 wrote:
gpsnowman wrote:We are about to hit peak averages for the summer season until around mid August or so. Then they drop slowly and the long shadows indicate shorter days leading to fall. I'm more than ready.

Winter, I personally like Winter too.

Less time for daylight heating, and the humidity is also lower too.
3 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Nederlander
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#769 Postby Nederlander » Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:09 pm

Cpv17 wrote:

I love it. Went to Iceland in January one year. Sun up about 10:30 and sunset around 4:00.
0 likes   

Cpv17
Category 5
Category 5

#770 Postby Cpv17 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:31 pm

Nederlander wrote:
Cpv17 wrote:

I love it. Went to Iceland in January one year. Sun up about 10:30 and sunset around 4:00.

Yeah, no thanks. Short days suck. Can’t get anything done outside. To each their own no doubt.
0 likes   

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#771 Postby Ntxw » Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:38 pm

Cpv17 wrote:
Nederlander wrote:
Cpv17 wrote:

Yeah, no thanks. Short days suck. Can’t get anything done outside. To each their own no doubt.

I don't think it's the short days they like, it's the benefit of cooler days. Can't do anything outside in 100F without getting heatstroke. People are most active in the 60-80F range which is why northerners love summer.
5 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!

Help Support Storm2K

South Texas Storms
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#772 Postby South Texas Storms » Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:06 pm

Ntxw wrote:
Cpv17 wrote:
Nederlander wrote:

I don't think it's the short days they like, it's the benefit of cooler days. Can't do anything outside in 100F without getting heatstroke. People are most active in the 60-80F range which is why northerners love summer.

Yep, this is exactly why. The only time of the year when temperatures are pleasant here is when the days are short.
3 likes   

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#773 Postby Brent » Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:41 pm

Ntxw wrote:
Cpv17 wrote:
Nederlander wrote:

Lol not like you can get anything done when it feels like 110 outside either :spam:
Last edited by Brent on Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1 likes   
#neversummer

Cpv17
Category 5
Category 5

#774 Postby Cpv17 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:26 pm

Brent wrote:
Ntxw wrote:
Cpv17 wrote:

Lol not like you can anything done when it feels like 110 outside either :spam:

Shoot, y’all are lucky y’all don’t have to work in the heat. I spend at least 40 hours in this crap every week. It’s absolutely terrible. I drink plenty of water and Gatorade but it’s still ridiculously hot. Definitely making me look for something else even if I have to take a pay cut. It’s not worth it to me.

But actually from about 7-9pm I can tolerate it better and since I’m usually at home I can work at my own pace so it’s not completely terrible for me. It’s usually in the upper 80’s around that time so it’s not that bad.
3 likes   

ElectricStorm
Category 5
Category 5

#775 Postby ElectricStorm » Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:08 pm

Cpv17 wrote:
Brent wrote:
Ntxw wrote:

Shoot, y’all are lucky y’all don’t have to work in the heat. I spend at least 40 hours in this crap every week. It’s absolutely terrible. I drink plenty of water and Gatorade but it’s still ridiculously hot. Definitely making me look for something else even if I have to take a pay cut. It’s not worth it to me.

But actually from about 7-9pm I can tolerate it better and since I’m usually at home I can work at my own pace so it’s not completely terrible for me. It’s usually in the upper 80’s around that time so it’s not that bad.

Yep I work 40 hours a week in the heat as well and it's been absolutely brutal this year. Luckily it's just a summer job and my last day is August 4 but it's definitely been pretty tough.
2 likes   
I am in no way a professional. Take what I say with a grain of salt as I could be totally wrong. Please refer to the NHC, NWS, or SPC for official information.

Boomer Sooner!

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#776 Postby Brent » Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:22 pm

ElectricStorm wrote:
Cpv17 wrote:
Brent wrote:

Yep I work 40 hours a week in the heat as well and it's been absolutely brutal this year. Luckily it's just a summer job and my last day is August 4 but it's definitely been pretty tough.

Yeah I can't imagine being out in this all day. I mean I do food delivery so sometimes I have the issues where I'm walking around looking for someone's hard to find apartment in it but still after a few minutes I'm back in the car or a restaurant so it's not as bad but yeah I've definitely had moments where I'm like ugh and we haven't even been as bad as y'all have down there in Texas. It was already hot when I went to the beach in May and I was still wearing a coat here when I got back. It was a hard flip in June though with all the humidity... Heat index of 114-115? About the worst I've ever seen. We actually haven't gotten back to that level since because it dried out but yeah it's plenty bad still
0 likes   
#neversummer

weatherdude1108
Category 5
Category 5

#777 Postby weatherdude1108 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:04 am

Brent wrote:
ElectricStorm wrote:
Cpv17 wrote:

Yeah I can't imagine being out in this all day. I mean I do food delivery so sometimes I have the issues where I'm walking around looking for someone's hard to find apartment in it but still after a few minutes I'm back in the car or a restaurant so it's not as bad but yeah I've definitely had moments where I'm like ugh and we haven't even been as bad as y'all have down there in Texas. It was already hot when I went to the beach in May and I was still wearing a coat here when I got back. It was a hard flip in June though with all the humidity... Heat index of 114-115? About the worst I've ever seen. We actually haven't gotten back to that level since because it dried out but yeah it's plenty bad still

Yeah, I had a job years ago where I had ro work 40 hours in the heat. This was in June through August, mostly in the Rio Grande Valley area. Had to wear jeans, a long sleeve shirt, and hard hat. That sucked! I thought I was gunna pass out several times, especially when I was hungover (that part was my own fault.lol.) Anyway. Much prefer early morning and evening!

Took a run at 6am this morning. 77 degrees with 80 percent humidity. Felt like I was swimming. Ugh.
1 likes   
The preceding post is NOT an official forecast, and should not be used as such. It is only the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Ralph's Weather
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#778 Postby Ralph's Weather » Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:55 am

Moving this weekend and the heat sucks but not as bad as the last couple weeks at least. The rain Friday was amazing. We got around an inch and areas around had 3 to 5 inches. Very much needed, but we need a prolonged period of that to break the drought. Hopefully don't have to wait for EPac storms in October.
0 likes   
Follow on Facebook at Ralph's Weather.

Yukon Cornelius
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#779 Postby Yukon Cornelius » Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:06 am

Starting around 6:15 in the video, does this have good or much support?
https://youtu.be/uymPYsr8O9A
0 likes   
#neversummer

DallasAg
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#780 Postby DallasAg » Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:29 am

Driving around parts of North Dallas today and seeing lots of cases where recently repaved surface streets are cracking, bulging, and buckling. City of Dallas usually does a poor job of resurfacing, but some of these were just done within the last couple of months. :(

Also seeing numerous Bradford Pears starting to shed leaves.

On a brighter note, the CPC long term updates look encouraging...for next spring. At this point I'm happy to see any signs of less severe heat and a little bit of moisture.
0 likes   

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”