Texas Summer 2019

U.S. & Caribbean Weather Discussions and Severe Weather Events

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Texas Summer 2019

#941 Postby Brent » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:02 pm

:cold: :froze: incoming

3 likes   
#neversummer

bubba hotep
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#942 Postby bubba hotep » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:47 pm

4 likes   
Winter time post are almost exclusively focused on the DFW area.

aggiecutter
Category 5
Category 5

#943 Postby aggiecutter » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:16 pm

3 likes   

Haris
Category 5
Category 5

#944 Postby Haris » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:38 pm

Euro has exactly 0.00" the next 16 days. Would add tho that eps have .8" so looks like a little disconnect there...

Either way, excited for the cooler weather. Wish we had a more wetter signal on the models and ensembles, however... It's getting awfully dry. Hate it.
2 likes   
Weather geek and a storm spotter in West Austin. Not a degreed meteorologist. Big snow fan. Love rain and cold! Despise heat!

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#945 Postby Ntxw » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:00 pm

Haris wrote:Euro has exactly 0.00" the next 16 days. Would add tho that eps have .8" so looks like a little disconnect there...

Either way, excited for the cooler weather. Wish we had a more wetter signal on the models and ensembles, however... It's getting awfully dry. Hate it.

Give it some time. The 5 year trend is for Spring and Fall to carry the bulk of the rains. While El Nino has just about gone in the tropical Oceans, there is still lag in the high latitudes where the weather patterns are still having residual effects. I suspect September and/or October will be rainy.
3 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

ThunderSleetDreams
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#946 Postby ThunderSleetDreams » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:21 am

Heyoooooooo! Love me long time CPC!

Less than 2 weeks till Fall thread.

3 days until Florida vs The U

8 days until A&M vs Bakula, Kathy Ireland and the fightin Texas Staters

10 days until Tech, Texas, Baylor, TCU and the rest of this great State kicks off!
1 likes   
#NeverSummer

I hibernate when it gets above 75 degrees!

CaptinCrunch
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#947 Postby CaptinCrunch » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:12 am

20 days into August and we are 50/50 on the 100 degree day temps. All but 4 days since the 7th have been 100 or better.
0 likes   

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#948 Postby SoupBone » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:25 am

ThunderSleetDreams wrote:

10 days until Tech, Texas loses to LSU, Baylor, TCU and the rest of this great State kicks off!

Fixed it for you
2 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

ThunderSleetDreams
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#949 Postby ThunderSleetDreams » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:34 am

SoupBone wrote:

10 days until Tech, Texas loses to LSU, Baylor, TCU and the rest of this great State kicks off!

Fixed it for you

Texas plays LSU on 9/7. The same day A&M travels to Clemson. I am doing a small write up on the 4 different options for Texas recruiting centered off 9/7 results. Texas and A&M are on a different orbit from the rest of the Texas schools when it comes to recruiting, so it will be "D Day" that day. It will be very VERY interesting should both win. I think you will see a decade of A&M/Texas dominance, nationally, much like the Florida schools of the 80s/90s.
2 likes   
#NeverSummer

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#950 Postby SoupBone » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:37 am

SoupBone wrote:

Fixed it for you

Texas plays LSU on 9/7. The same day A&M travels to Clemson. I am doing a small write up on the 4 different options for Texas recruiting centered off 9/7 results. Texas and A&M are on a different orbit from the rest of the Texas schools when it comes to recruiting, so it will be "D Day" that day. It will be very VERY interesting should both win. I think you will see a decade of A&M/Texas dominance, nationally, much like the Florida schools of the 80s/90s.

We shall see my friend, we shall see. If somehow both Texas and A&M manage to beat LSU, the walls will cave in at Tiger Stadium. It would be a very rough year.
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

bohaiboy
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#951 Postby bohaiboy » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:44 am

As I choke on my coffee this morning. Of course gotta get in my Roll Tide Roll. Not native but been living in Texas 25+ years.
1 likes   
TW in Texas Hill Country :flag:

ThunderSleetDreams
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#952 Postby ThunderSleetDreams » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:53 am

SoupBone wrote:
SoupBone wrote:
Fixed it for you

We shall see my friend, we shall see. If somehow both Texas and A&M manage to beat LSU, the walls will cave in at Tiger Stadium. It would be a very rough year.

Oh man, Coach Eaux would have to go into hiding. I have our NOLA office too, and a lot of my sales guys there are LSU. I'm excited to see what Stingley, Burrow and Emery do this year.
1 likes   
#NeverSummer

ThunderSleetDreams
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#953 Postby ThunderSleetDreams » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:54 am

bohaiboy wrote:As I choke on my coffee this morning. Of course gotta get in my Roll Tide Roll. Not native but been living in Texas 25+ years.

Damnit. It's easy sitting on top of that mountain, ain't it? :D

I've always enjoyed my trips to Tuscaloosa. I've been there 3 times this decade.
1 likes   
#NeverSummer

Portastorm
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#954 Postby Portastorm » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:37 am

SoupBone wrote:

Fixed it for you

SoupBone, as one of the moderators here, I am considering punishing you for altering another member's post. How about if I force a Hook 'em Horns avatar on you for the month of September?! :wink:

(kidding ... just kidding)

Meanwhile here in Bevo Country, we're hoping to break the triple digit heat string we're currently on. Sixteen days in a row right now and 18 of the 20 days in August. Could see a high today at Camp Mabry (KATT) of 99 degrees.
3 likes   
Any forecasts under my name are to be taken with a grain of salt. Get your best forecasts from the National Weather Service and National Hurricane Center.

I'm a certified Advanced SKYWARN-trained spotter and am active on Twitter at @TravisCOSW, a social media partner of the NWS Austin-San Antonio office.

ThunderSleetDreams
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#955 Postby ThunderSleetDreams » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:41 am

Portastorm wrote:
SoupBone wrote:

Fixed it for you

SoupBone, as one of the moderators here, I am considering punishing you for altering another member's post. How about if I force a Hook 'em Horns avatar on you for the month of September?! :wink:

Meanwhile here in Bevo Country, we're hoping to break the triple digit heat string we're currently on. Sixteen days in a row right now and 18 of the 20 days in August. Could see a high today at Camp Mabry (KATT) of 99 degrees.

Bless you Porta.... I don't envy your weather conditions.
1 likes   
#NeverSummer

EnnisTx
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#956 Postby EnnisTx » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:47 am

bohaiboy wrote:As I choke on my coffee this morning. Of course gotta get in my Roll Tide Roll. Not native but been living in Texas 25+ years.

Damnit. It's easy sitting on top of that mountain, ain't it? :D

I've always enjoyed my trips to Tuscaloosa. I've been there 3 times this decade.

Last year it was Rolled Tide Rolled by Clemson 44 to 16 :wink: :P :moon:
1 likes   

weatherdude1108
Category 5
Category 5

#957 Postby weatherdude1108 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:04 am

Portastorm wrote:
SoupBone wrote:
Fixed it for you

Bless you Porta.... I don't envy your weather conditions.

I don't envy our weather conditions either. :lol:
0 likes   
The preceding post is NOT an official forecast, and should not be used as such. It is only the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Tejas89
Category 1
Category 1

#958 Postby Tejas89 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:01 pm

North Texas lucked out this summer. The dreaded summer high never set up directly over the region.. + spring rains. The "100s" could've been 105's or worse.

Hoping for a cool, wet fall.
2 likes   

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#959 Postby SoupBone » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:16 pm

Am I crazy for this? I'm breaking my Halloween/Fall decorations out the first weekend of September. I'm ushering Fall in immediately, even if it's 120 (feels like) outside. :lol:
1 likes   

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#960 Postby Brent » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:31 pm

Labor Day weekend may actually be somewhat tolerable vs. how this month has been if trends hold :double:

8 more days... :lol:
1 likes   
#neversummer

Return to “USA & Caribbean Weather”