Weak remnant low southwest of Nate

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Trough of low pressure from Cuba into Straits of Florida

#101 Postby NDG » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:44 pm

Tides along Brevard County are way up, flooding some low laying coastal areas already.

0 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#102 Postby Aric Dunn » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:10 pm

Looks like the NHC might be eating their words.... circ appears to have developed .... plenty favorable for a sheared system to strengthen some. this of course will complicate soon to be nate..

1 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.
If there is nothing before... then just ask :)

Space & Atmospheric Physicist, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University,
I believe the sky is falling...

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#103 Postby northjaxpro » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:19 pm

Well, I have been doing this too long to think I was losing my mind Aric Lol..

I do not know what is going on down at NHC today with this system. This system has been been gradually organizing since last night for Pete's sake.
Last edited by northjaxpro on Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 likes   
NEVER, EVER SAY NEVER in the tropics and weather in general, and most importantly, with life itself!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Fay 2008 Beryl 2012 Debby 2012 Colin 2016 Hermine 2016 Julia 2016 Matthew 2016 Irma 2017 Dorian 2019

SFLcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#104 Postby SFLcane » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:19 pm

Cant agree more Aric odds aren't great for development but clearly not at 0. CMC has this developing tonight we shall see.
0 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#105 Postby Aric Dunn » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:20 pm

SFLcane wrote:Cant agree more Aric odds aren't great for development but clearly not at 0. CMC has this developing tonight we shall see.

at this point with the circ already there... odds are very high lol.. above 50%
0 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#106 Postby Aric Dunn » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:22 pm

northjaxpro wrote:Well, I have been doing this too long to think I was losing my mind Aric Lol..

I do not know what is going on down at NHC today with this system. This system has been been gradually organizing since last night for Pete's sake.

yeah, I mean the low levels were not organizing much yesterday as they were screaming east to west.. was not till late last night and this morning that the curvature in the low levels started... and now it closed off near cuba..
0 likes   

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#107 Postby chaser1 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:26 pm

NDG wrote:Tides along Brevard County are way up, flooding some low laying coastal areas already.

That's insane?! Simply from the Kings' Tides in conjunction with the tighter gradient up there???
1 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

tgenius
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#108 Postby tgenius » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:26 pm

Aric Dunn wrote:
northjaxpro wrote:Well, I have been doing this too long to think I was losing my mind Aric Lol..

yeah, I mean the low levels were not organizing much yesterday as they were screaming east to west.. was not till late last night and this morning that the curvature in the low levels started... and now it closed off near cuba..

Aric what would you think the motion would be on that? Go through the straights or clip SFL peninsula?
0 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#109 Postby Aric Dunn » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:28 pm

tgenius wrote:
Aric Dunn wrote:

Aric what would you think the motion would be on that? Go through the straights or clip SFL peninsula?

yeah most likely. the affect will be the same... rain rain rain..
0 likes   

gatorcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#110 Postby gatorcane » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:28 pm

looks like it is developing. NHC might have no choice but to significantly increase changes at 8pm EST.
2 likes   

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#111 Postby northjaxpro » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:29 pm

Aric Dunn wrote:

Right. I said last night I meant overnight (pre-dawn hours) that the system began organizing. I agree with you Aric. But, it does not excuse NHC's poor handling of this system today. I know they are busy with TD 16, but still, you got to get the details right about this disturbance in the Florida Straits currently. They should tag it an invest asap imo.
Last edited by northjaxpro on Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 likes   
NEVER, EVER SAY NEVER in the tropics and weather in general, and most importantly, with life itself!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Fay 2008 Beryl 2012 Debby 2012 Colin 2016 Hermine 2016 Julia 2016 Matthew 2016 Irma 2017 Dorian 2019

LarryWx
Category 5
Category 5

#112 Postby LarryWx » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:29 pm

Aric Dunn wrote:Looks like the NHC might be eating their words.... circ appears to have developed .... plenty favorable for a sheared system to strengthen some. this of course will complicate soon to be nate..

IF this develops a surface circulation, that would match the GFS, which has this, and not the Euro, which doesn't. Therefore, this would seem to mean that the GFS track for TD #16 has a better chance of being closer to reality than the Euro track. Also, with this feature competing for energy with TD 16, I'd think that would mean TD 16 probably doesn't get as strong as it otherwise would have had it been more isolated. Do others agree with these two ideas?
1 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

SFLcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#113 Postby SFLcane » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:36 pm

Not exactly sure what the NHC is looking at bet they increase those odds at 8pm
Last edited by SFLcane on Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 likes   

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#114 Postby NDG » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:38 pm

LarryWx wrote:
Aric Dunn wrote:Looks like the NHC might be eating their words.... circ appears to have developed .... plenty favorable for a sheared system to strengthen some. this of course will complicate soon to be nate..

IF this develops a surface circulation, that would match the GFS, which has this, and not the Euro, which doesn't. Therefore, this would seem to mean that the GFS track for TD #16 has a better chance of being closer to reality than the Euro track. Also, with this feature competing for energy with TD 16, I'd think that would mean TD 16 probably doesn't get as strong as it otherwise would have had it been more isolated. Do others agree with these two ideas?

Surface reports from Cuba supports my idea that the circulation is still in the mid levels, is trying but not quite yet to the surface.
0 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#115 Postby Aric Dunn » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:40 pm

NDG wrote:
LarryWx wrote:

[img]https://image.ibb.co/eDSoiw/GOES18302017277_JWs_ANX.jpg[/ig]

Surface reports from Cuba supports my idea that the circulation is still in the mid levels, is trying but not quite yet to the surface.

Surface obs from cuba are almost always suspect with various mountains and terrian... regardless that they are not very well maintianed. Also no reporting station is close enough to the circ as it is not very expansive on the sw side..
Last edited by Aric Dunn on Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

Evil Jeremy
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#116 Postby Evil Jeremy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:40 pm

I've been eyeballing this for the past few days, since the GFS started spinning this up. Also surprised with the NHC's treatment of the area. Yesterday's squally weather in Broward was unpleasant, and it looks like the rest of the week will be intense. I haven't taken a close look at the system since this morning, but I did notice the NHC's TWO glitch at 2pm. That threw me for a loop!
0 likes   
Frances 04 / Jeanne 04 / Katrina 05 / Wilma 05 / Fay 08 / Debby 12 / Andrea 13 / Colin 16 / Hermine 16 / Matthew 16 / Irma 17

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#117 Postby NDG » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:42 pm

Aric Dunn wrote:
NDG wrote:
LarryWx wrote:

Surface obs from cuba are almost always suspect with various mountains and terrian... regardless that they are not very well maintianed. Also no reporting station is close enough to the circ as it is not very expansive on the sw side..

I disagree, central section of the Island is not that mountainous.
0 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#118 Postby Aric Dunn » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:43 pm

NDG wrote:
Aric Dunn wrote:
NDG wrote:

again... nothing is close enough ( besides the various other issues) to use obs from cuba...

0 likes   

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#119 Postby NDG » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:56 pm

Aric Dunn wrote:
NDG wrote:
Aric Dunn wrote:

again... nothing is close enough ( besides the various other issues) to use obs from cuba...

http://www.sailwx.info/tmp/59d5399c_2119_15e.png

On hr vis satellite loop is very clear that there are no west to east moving low level clouds south of the vorticity.
But the surface trough has become sharper in the past few hours. With the high shear all I see is a surface broad closed circulation forming later on, IMO.
0 likes   

Patrick99
Category 5
Category 5

#120 Postby Patrick99 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:56 pm

Last couple of days, our weather has been unsettled to say the least. Squally.....with an increasing breeze and increasing squall frequency now too.
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”