Tropical Wave in the East-Central Caribbean (Is Invest 92L)

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Tropical Wave in the Eastern Caribbean

#141 Postby TheStormExpert » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:49 pm

Weather Dude wrote:
TheStormExpert wrote:
Weather Dude wrote:Yeah I definitely agree with this. I've been thinking this *could* be the one that develops early enough to take full advantage of the insane OHC and SSTs in the Western Caribbean, assuming shear relaxes and dry air stays out of the way

If Gamma fails to become much which may be more likely looking at shear maps then this COULD become stronger than currently anticipated.

Yeah that's another reason why I'm really watching this one. As aspen pointed out earlier, Gamma is a rather broad system so it may take a bit to really get going, and it already doesn't have a lot of time before interaction with land, shear and, dry air. We'll see how it all plays out but for now I'm on the side that this becomes stronger than Gamma

Well there’s currently around 50-70kts. of shear awaiting Gamma in the Gulf and that certainly will put a damper on it. Someone said if Gamma fails to strengthen into much that this area would be stronger.
1 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

ElectricStorm
Category 5
Category 5

#142 Postby ElectricStorm » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:52 pm

TheStormExpert wrote:
Weather Dude wrote:
TheStormExpert wrote:If Gamma fails to become much which may be more likely looking at shear maps then this COULD become stronger than currently anticipated.

Yeah that's another reason why I'm really watching this one. As aspen pointed out earlier, Gamma is a rather broad system so it may take a bit to really get going, and it already doesn't have a lot of time before interaction with land, shear and, dry air. We'll see how it all plays out but for now I'm on the side that this becomes stronger than Gamma

Well there’s currently around 50-70kts. of shear awaiting Gamma in the Gulf and that certainly will put a damper on it. Someone said if Gamma fails to strengthen into much that this area would be stronger.

There's also quite a bit of shear affecting this one for now. First thing we need to watch for is whether or not that shear let's up, if so, I think it can get pretty strong, but if it doesn't track into the lower shear then forget about it
5 likes   
I am in no way a professional. Take what I say with a grain of salt as I could be totally wrong. Please refer to the NHC, NWS, or SPC for official information.

Boomer Sooner!

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#143 Postby TheStormExpert » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:54 pm

Weather Dude wrote:
TheStormExpert wrote:
Weather Dude wrote:Yeah that's another reason why I'm really watching this one. As aspen pointed out earlier, Gamma is a rather broad system so it may take a bit to really get going, and it already doesn't have a lot of time before interaction with land, shear and, dry air. We'll see how it all plays out but for now I'm on the side that this becomes stronger than Gamma

There's also quite a bit of shear affecting this one for now. First thing we need to watch for is whether or not that shear let's up, if so, I think it can get pretty strong, but if it doesn't track into the lower shear then forget about it

Well shear is currently decreasing in the area going off the shear tendency map.
1 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

ElectricStorm
Category 5
Category 5

#144 Postby ElectricStorm » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:43 pm

This should be designated 92L pretty soon I would think. The 92L's have been interesting this year, first Isaias, then Paulette... Pretty insane that she is still out there after we have made a complete rotation of invest numbers lol
10 likes   
I am in no way a professional. Take what I say with a grain of salt as I could be totally wrong. Please refer to the NHC, NWS, or SPC for official information.

Boomer Sooner!

Hurricaneman
Category 5
Category 5

#145 Postby Hurricaneman » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:57 pm

The 0zGFS has a mid grade tropical storm hitting Jamaica at 72hrs

Edit: also does a fujiwara with Gamma, either the GFS is on to something or is on drugs but its probably the second one
0 likes   

Hurricaneman
Category 5
Category 5

#146 Postby Hurricaneman » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:53 pm

Looks like a low of some kind 50 to 75 miles north of Aruba
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#147 Postby cycloneye » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:53 am

A tropical wave is producing widespread cloudiness, showers, and
thunderstorms over the eastern and central Caribbean Sea, with
locally heavy rainfall and gusty winds affecting portions of the
ABC Islands, the Lesser Antilles, the Virgin Islands, Puerto
Rico, and portions of the coasts of Colombia and Venezuela.
Environmental conditions are expected to become a little more
conducive for development, and a tropical depression could form
next week while the system moves westward or west-northwestward at
about 15 mph across the central and western Caribbean Sea and then
into the southern Gulf of Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...50 percent.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

ElectricStorm
Category 5
Category 5

#148 Postby ElectricStorm » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:55 am

cycloneye wrote:

Time for an invest...
0 likes   

Boomer Sooner!

aspen
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Tropical Wave in the East-Central Caribbean

#149 Postby aspen » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:24 am

Gamma has made me even more concerned about “future Delta”, because it looks like it’s trying to bomb out into a pinhole eye major. It’s giving me Wilma vibes — very compact core (recon has found a far tighter pressure gradient), a -85C to -90C CDO, and nearly the same position and timing. If Gamma had more time, it would’ve easily become a major...and it’s possible Delta will have more time within just as favorable conditions.

If Gamma is trying to bomb out with only 24-30 total hours over water, what could Delta do with potentially up to several days?
3 likes   
Irene '11 Sandy '12 Hermine '16 5/15/2018 Derecho Fay '20 Isaias '20 Elsa '21 Henri '21 Ida '21

I am only a meteorology enthusiast who knows a decent amount about tropical cyclones. Look to the professional mets, the NHC, or your local weather office for the best information.

stormchazer
Category 5
Category 5

#150 Postby stormchazer » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:03 am

Weather Dude wrote:
cycloneye wrote:

Time for an invest...

No sign of a developing low yet, otherwise I believe the area may have already been tagged. Today might well be the day.
0 likes   
The posts or stuff said are NOT an official forecast and my opinion alone. Please look to the NHC and NWS for official forecasts and products.

Model Runs Cheat Sheet:
GFS (5:30 AM/PM, 11:30 AM/PM)
HWRF, GFDL, UKMET, NAVGEM (6:30-8:00 AM/PM, 12:30-2:00 AM/PM)
ECMWF (1:45 AM/PM)
TCVN is a weighted averaged

Opinions my own.

ElectricStorm
Category 5
Category 5

#151 Postby ElectricStorm » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:10 am

aspen wrote:Gamma has made me even more concerned about “future Delta”, because it looks like it’s trying to bomb out into a pinhole eye major. It’s giving me Wilma vibes — very compact core (recon has found a far tighter pressure gradient), a -85C to -90C CDO, and nearly the same position and timing. If Gamma had more time, it would’ve easily become a major...and it’s possible Delta will have more time within just as favorable conditions.

If Gamma is trying to bomb out with only 24-30 total hours over water, what could Delta do with potentially up to several days?

I'm with you here. This one could end up being a big deal...
0 likes   

Boomer Sooner!

Emmett_Brown
Category 5
Category 5

#152 Postby Emmett_Brown » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:41 am

aspen wrote:Gamma has made me even more concerned about “future Delta”, because it looks like it’s trying to bomb out into a pinhole eye major. It’s giving me Wilma vibes — very compact core (recon has found a far tighter pressure gradient), a -85C to -90C CDO, and nearly the same position and timing. If Gamma had more time, it would’ve easily become a major...and it’s possible Delta will have more time within just as favorable conditions.

Yes, and add that to the fact that many models are still playing serious catch up with Gamma shows that they are ignoring the massive potential that we clearly see in the NW Caribbean. The only big negative factor for this wave would be if Gamma manages to stay big and more organized, then there wont be room for both. So a fuzzy future until we see what Gamma does
4 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re: Tropical Wave in the East-Central Caribbean (Is Invest 92L)

#153 Postby cycloneye » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:25 am

1 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”