Tropical Wave in East Atlantic: (Is invest 95L)

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
aspen
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Tropical Wave south of Cabo Verde Islands

#21 Postby aspen » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:58 am

Wow this wave looks great. If the NHC hasn’t tagged it yet, there must be a reason why, so it’s possible this impressive look is just a temporary flare-up. It would be crazy if it’s already developing.
0 likes   
Irene '11 Sandy '12 Hermine '16 5/15/2018 Derecho Fay '20 Isaias '20 Elsa '21 Henri '21 Ida '21

I am only a meteorology enthusiast who knows a decent amount about tropical cyclones. Look to the professional mets, the NHC, or your local weather office for the best information.

Nimbus
Category 5
Category 5

#22 Postby Nimbus » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:01 am

Probably 95L which we don't need, first 10 days of August fairly quiet and then two storms by the 20th?
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#23 Postby cycloneye » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:43 am

The axis of a tropical wave is near 22W from 21N southward,
moving westward at 10 to 15 kt. Scattered moderate isolated
strong convection is from 07N to 14N between 22W and 28W.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Stormybajan
Category 1
Category 1

#24 Postby Stormybajan » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:01 am

aspen wrote:Wow this wave looks great. If the NHC hasn’t tagged it yet, there must be a reason why, so it’s possible this impressive look is just a temporary flare-up. It would be crazy if it’s already developing.

I'm just going to assume SAL/dry air is going to be a problem for it because if not...its looking pretty good for a lemon right now :eek:
0 likes   
Sad West Indies and Manchester United fan ⚽️

HurricaneEnzo
Category 2
Category 2

#25 Postby HurricaneEnzo » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:13 am

Yeah looking real good. Gotta think this gets tagged soon. I was so caught up in Future Fred I just realized how good this wave was looking. I assumed it had poofed by now :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 likes   
Bertha 96' - Fran 96' - Bonnie 98' - Dennis 99' - Floyd 99' - Isabel 03' - Alex 04' - Ophelia 05' - Irene 11' - Arthur 14' - Matthew 16' - Florence 18' - Dorian 19' - Isaias 20' (countless other tropical storms and Hurricane swipes)

I am not a Professional Met just an enthusiast. Get your weather forecasts from the Pros!

aspen
Category 5
Category 5

#26 Postby aspen » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:17 am

Still hasn’t been given a lemon at 8am. I guess the NHC is waiting to see if it keeps up this look or winds back down.
1 likes   
Irene '11 Sandy '12 Hermine '16 5/15/2018 Derecho Fay '20 Isaias '20 Elsa '21 Henri '21 Ida '21

I am only a meteorology enthusiast who knows a decent amount about tropical cyclones. Look to the professional mets, the NHC, or your local weather office for the best information.

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#27 Postby cycloneye » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:26 am

5 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars

EquusStorm
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Tropical Wave in East Atlantic

#28 Postby EquusStorm » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:12 am

Feels like this should be on the TWO with support from various GFS runs and at least some of the ensembles, but could be more than five days off I guess. Very moist environment compared to many others this season so far, good curving, highly persistent convection.

10 likes   
Colors of lost purpose on the canvas of irrelevance

Not a meteorologist, in fact more of an idiot than anything. You should probably check with the NHC or a local NWS office for official information.

Category5Kaiju
Category 5
Category 5

#29 Postby Category5Kaiju » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:16 am

If not later today, I am expecting a lemon at least by the end of tomorrow. It looks very good as of now, and maybe the models are really onto something as they really seem to like this wave
2 likes   
Unless explicitly stated, all information covered in my posts is based on my opinions and observations. Please refer to a professional meteorologist or an accredited weather research agency otherwise, especially if serious decisions must be made in the event of a potentially life-threatening tropical storm or hurricane.

abajan
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#30 Postby abajan » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:34 am

It would be quite surprising if it doesn't get mentioned in the next TWO.
1 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#31 Postby cycloneye » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:45 am

7 likes   

Category5Kaiju
Category 5
Category 5

#32 Postby Category5Kaiju » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:19 am

Assuming very little dry air and shear with an ULAC overhead and assuming there's little speed shear (and also given that the water temperatures, let alone upper ocean heat are more than supportive for TCs), this is certainly a concern. Best for us to worry about it down the line, but it's good to know the warning signs beforehand of what could be a potent TC sometime later this month.
0 likes   
Unless explicitly stated, all information covered in my posts is based on my opinions and observations. Please refer to a professional meteorologist or an accredited weather research agency otherwise, especially if serious decisions must be made in the event of a potentially life-threatening tropical storm or hurricane.

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#33 Postby chaser1 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:13 am

This area of disturbed weather is becoming increasingly impressive on Satellite. It's certainly not buried within the ITCZ (which I can't find anyway LOL). Hard to imagine this not getting tagged an invest by this evening.
1 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#34 Postby cycloneye » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:58 am

GFS ensembles are enthusiastic.

1 likes   

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#35 Postby SoupBone » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:04 pm

Did the 12Z GFS just send this into the Carolinas? I can't zoom out, but on August 24th, it has something hitting the Carolinas.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

InfernoFlameCat
Category 5
Category 5

#36 Postby InfernoFlameCat » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:05 pm

Nimbus wrote:Probably 95L which we don't need, first 10 days of August fairly quiet and then two storms by the 20th?

We always need more storms. The hunger never abates. OTS preferred however.
0 likes   
I am by no means a professional. DO NOT look at my forecasts for official information or make decisions based on what I post.

Goal: to become a registered expert over tropical and subtropical cyclones.

InfernoFlameCat
Category 5
Category 5

#37 Postby InfernoFlameCat » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:23 pm

10/20
Here she comes!!!
4 likes   
I am by no means a professional. DO NOT look at my forecasts for official information or make decisions based on what I post.

Goal: to become a registered expert over tropical and subtropical cyclones.

cheezyWXguy
Category 5
Category 5

#38 Postby cheezyWXguy » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:24 pm

SoupBone wrote:Did the 12Z GFS just send this into the Carolinas? I can't zoom out, but on August 24th, it has something hitting the Carolinas.

It did, odd run. Looks like it tries to fujiwara around another disturbance in the Florida straits. Gfs has a bad tendency of overdoing this effect and I discount this run even more than i normally do for long range runs
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#39 Postby cycloneye » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:25 pm

A concentrated area of showers and thunderstorms located a few
hundred miles southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands is associated
with a tropical wave. Some gradual development of this system is
possible over the next several days while it moves westward across
the tropical Atlantic at 15 to 20 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.

5 likes   

ElectricStorm
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Tropical Wave in East Atlantic: 2 PM TWO=10%/20%

#40 Postby ElectricStorm » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:31 pm

This may end up tracking similar to PTC6 where it gets tangled up with the islands. But there's a lot of possibilities. I'm pretty confident this will become Grace and if it can avoid the islands I think it could get relatively strong. Long way to go of course.
1 likes   
I am in no way a professional. Take what I say with a grain of salt as I could be totally wrong. Please refer to the NHC, NWS, or SPC for official information.

Boomer Sooner!

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”