Tropical Wave in East Atlantic: (Is invest 95L)

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Tropical Wave in East Atlantic

#41 Postby SoupBone » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:35 pm

cheezyWXguy wrote:
SoupBone wrote:Did the 12Z GFS just send this into the Carolinas? I can't zoom out, but on August 24th, it has something hitting the Carolinas.

It did, odd run. Looks like it tries to fujiwara around another disturbance in the Florida straits. Gfs has a bad tendency of overdoing this effect and I discount this run even more than i normally do for long range runs

Kind of why I mentioned fantasyland last night on the other thread. It had it slamming TexMex. That's a huge difference. Something to watch though for sure. This thread will blow up when it gets closer. :lol:
3 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Stormybajan
Category 1
Category 1

#42 Postby Stormybajan » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:37 pm

cycloneye wrote:
A concentrated area of showers and thunderstorms located a few
hundred miles southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands is associated
with a tropical wave. Some gradual development of this system is
possible over the next several days while it moves westward across
the tropical Atlantic at 15 to 20 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.

https://i.imgur.com/NoBm6Kj.png

Yep its go time! IMO this will track exactly where PTC6 did somewhere between Martinque and Dominica...although I believe it will be atleast a typical weak tropical storm. So just slightly better organized than PTC6
0 likes   
Sad West Indies and Manchester United fan ⚽️

HurricaneEnzo
Category 2
Category 2

#43 Postby HurricaneEnzo » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:40 pm

cycloneye wrote:
A concentrated area of showers and thunderstorms located a few
hundred miles southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands is associated
with a tropical wave. Some gradual development of this system is
possible over the next several days while it moves westward across
the tropical Atlantic at 15 to 20 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.

https://i.imgur.com/NoBm6Kj.png

Figured they would would have been more aggressive with the probs. This has the look of something that is close to a TD as it currently sits. Maybe they are seeing some inhibitors but didn't really go into detail. Does look like it about to be blasted with some dry air moving in from the North. Maybe that knocks this down a bit.
Last edited by HurricaneEnzo on Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   
Bertha 96' - Fran 96' - Bonnie 98' - Dennis 99' - Floyd 99' - Isabel 03' - Alex 04' - Ophelia 05' - Irene 11' - Arthur 14' - Matthew 16' - Florence 18' - Dorian 19' - Isaias 20' (countless other tropical storms and Hurricane swipes)

I am not a Professional Met just an enthusiast. Get your weather forecasts from the Pros!

ElectricStorm
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Tropical Wave in East Atlantic: 2 PM TWO=10%/20%

#44 Postby ElectricStorm » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:40 pm

I'm guessing it won't get going fully until it gets past the islands. It's still a bit early for systems to get going fully in the MDR. That being said however, it's looking pretty good right now, and it might be able to develop before it gets there
0 likes   
I am in no way a professional. Take what I say with a grain of salt as I could be totally wrong. Please refer to the NHC, NWS, or SPC for official information.

Boomer Sooner!

TallyTracker
Category 2
Category 2

Re: Tropical Wave in East Atlantic: 2 PM TWO=10%/20%

#45 Postby TallyTracker » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:41 pm

This one has me rather concerned. The models may not be super enthusiastic, but it has something most disturbances haven’t had yet this year…time in good conditions. The ceiling for this one is higher than the other systems so far in my opinion. Got 5-6 days before land impacts though so plenty of time to keep an eye on it.
1 likes   
Fran '96, Georges '98, Gordon '00, Gabrielle '01, Charley '04, Frances '04, Jeanne '04, Barry '07, Fay '08, Debby '12, Matthew '16, Emily '17, Irma '17, Michael ‘18, Elsa ‘21, Fred ‘21, Mindy ‘21, Nicole ‘22, Idalia ‘23

Spacecoast
Category 2
Category 2

Re: Tropical Wave off African coast

#46 Postby Spacecoast » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:47 pm

Category5Kaiju wrote:
Spacecoast wrote:ECMWF ensembles show this system....
[url]https://i.ibb.co/8K4PxVw/ecmda.jpg [/url]

I have a feeling we are going to see a southward shift in those track clusters

Your feeling was accurate......

0 likes   

cheezyWXguy
Category 5
Category 5

#47 Postby cheezyWXguy » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:54 pm

SoupBone wrote:
cheezyWXguy wrote:
SoupBone wrote:Did the 12Z GFS just send this into the Carolinas? I can't zoom out, but on August 24th, it has something hitting the Carolinas.

It did, odd run. Looks like it tries to fujiwara around another disturbance in the Florida straits. Gfs has a bad tendency of overdoing this effect and I discount this run even more than i normally do for long range runs

Kind of why I mentioned fantasyland last night on the other thread. It had it slamming TexMex. That's a huge difference. Something to watch though for sure. This thread will blow up when it gets closer. :lol:

Agreed, although I think the gulf scenario is quite a bit more plausible. The relatively strong Bermuda high and periodic tendency toward a weakness over Texas has led me to think for a while now that one of these waves is bound to make it that far west while finding favorable conditions. Is it this wave? Who knows
0 likes   

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#48 Postby SoupBone » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:20 pm

cheezyWXguy wrote:
SoupBone wrote:
cheezyWXguy wrote:It did, odd run. Looks like it tries to fujiwara around another disturbance in the Florida straits. Gfs has a bad tendency of overdoing this effect and I discount this run even more than i normally do for long range runs

Agreed, although I think the gulf scenario is quite a bit more plausible. The relatively strong Bermuda high and periodic tendency toward a weakness over Texas has led me to think for a while now that one of these waves is bound to make it that far west while finding favorable conditions. Is it this wave? Who knows

The thing is, at least for Texas, is that it has had a pretty stout area of high pressure over it for almost 3 weeks now. Will that continue? I guess we'll see, but that's why a few of the GFS runs had it hitting TexMex and not further north.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re: Tropical Wave in East Atlantic: (Is invest 95L)

#49 Postby cycloneye » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:23 pm

0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”