Tropical Disturbance Crossing Yucatan (Is Invest 94L)

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
IcyTundra
Category 3
Category 3

Re: Tropical Disturbance Crossing Yucatan

#61 Postby IcyTundra » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:44 pm

12Z Euro wants this to take a similar track to Beta from last year. Looks like the Euro wants to keep most of the highest rain totals just offshore though it does look like coastal areas in Galveston, Brazoria, and Matagorda counties could get 10+ inches of rain. The highest inland rain totals are actually in SW Louisiana with some areas getting 15+ inches of rain. Areas inland in far East Texas near Nacogdoches also receive 10+ inches of rain in this Euro run. As we all know it is close to impossible to predict where the highest rain totals will occur, but the main idea is that areas in SE Texas, E Texas, and SW Louisiana are at risk for flash flooding early next week.
0 likes   

sphelps8681
Category 2
Category 2

#62 Postby sphelps8681 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:23 pm

IcyTundra wrote:12Z Euro wants this to take a similar track to Beta from last year. Looks like the Euro wants to keep most of the highest rain totals just offshore though it does look like coastal areas in Galveston, Brazoria, and Matagorda counties could get 10+ inches of rain. The highest inland rain totals are actually in SW Louisiana with some areas getting 15+ inches of rain. Areas inland in far East Texas near Nacogdoches also receive 10+ inches of rain in this Euro run. As we all know it is close to impossible to predict where the highest rain totals will occur, but the main idea is that areas in SE Texas, E Texas, and SW Louisiana are at risk for flash flooding early next week.

Do you have a pic of the model? I am in Lumberton, Tx and very close to SW La.
0 likes   

IcyTundra
Category 3
Category 3

#63 Postby IcyTundra » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:26 pm

sphelps8681 wrote:
IcyTundra wrote:12Z Euro wants this to take a similar track to Beta from last year. Looks like the Euro wants to keep most of the highest rain totals just offshore though it does look like coastal areas in Galveston, Brazoria, and Matagorda counties could get 10+ inches of rain. The highest inland rain totals are actually in SW Louisiana with some areas getting 15+ inches of rain. Areas inland in far East Texas near Nacogdoches also receive 10+ inches of rain in this Euro run. As we all know it is close to impossible to predict where the highest rain totals will occur, but the main idea is that areas in SE Texas, E Texas, and SW Louisiana are at risk for flash flooding early next week.

https://www.pivotalweather.com/model.ph ... &dpdt=&mc=
1 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#64 Postby cycloneye » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:31 pm

sphelps8681 wrote:

1 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Wampadawg
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#65 Postby Wampadawg » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:34 pm

cycloneye wrote:
sphelps8681 wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/REKimj5.gif

This is 93L correct?
0 likes   
Harvey,Hanna,Beta,Texas Winter storm2021,Nicholas

Iceresistance
Category 5
Category 5

#66 Postby Iceresistance » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:37 pm

Wampadawg wrote:
cycloneye wrote:
sphelps8681 wrote:

This is 93L correct?

93L has not been designated yet, the Tropical Wave over Africa could be the one as 93L!
0 likes   
Bill 2015 & Beta 2020

Winter 2020-2021 :cold:

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted.

Winter posts are focused mainly for Oklahoma & Texas.

Take any of my forecasts with a grain of salt, refer to the NWS, SPC, and NHC for official information

Never say Never with weather! Because ANYTHING is possible!

IcyTundra
Category 3
Category 3

#67 Postby IcyTundra » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:39 pm

Wampadawg wrote:
cycloneye wrote:
sphelps8681 wrote:

This is 93L correct?

93L or 94L depends on if this gets designated before the wave coming off of Africa.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#68 Postby cycloneye » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:40 pm

Wampadawg wrote:
cycloneye wrote:
sphelps8681 wrote:

This is 93L correct?

No invest yet.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars

Nederlander
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#69 Postby Nederlander » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:10 pm

Keeping an eye on it, but not too concerned with this one yet. Looks like it could be a setup where most of the rainfall stays offshore as showers have trouble with onshore flow with dry air across TX.
0 likes   

IcyTundra
Category 3
Category 3

#70 Postby IcyTundra » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:14 pm

Nederlander wrote:Keeping an eye on it, but not too concerned with this one yet. Looks like it could be a setup where most of the rainfall stays offshore as showers have trouble with onshore flow with dry air across TX.

I'm thinking this could be similar to TS Beta from last year as Beta was dealing with a lot of dry air and wind shear but still managed to drop 10+ inches of rain across SE Texas in areas close to the coast.
0 likes   

tropicwatch
Category 5
Category 5

#71 Postby tropicwatch » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:15 pm

sphelps8681 wrote:

Here is another one.
https://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/qpf/p168i.gif?1559649060
1 likes   
Tropicwatch

Agnes 72', Eloise 75, Elena 85', Kate 85', Charley 86', Florence 88', Beryl 94', Dean 95', Erin 95', Opal 95', Earl 98', Georges 98', Ivan 2004', Arlene 2005', Dennis 2005', Ida 2009' Debby 2012' Irma 2017' Michael 2018'

Cpv17
Category 5
Category 5

#72 Postby Cpv17 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:27 pm

IcyTundra wrote:
Nederlander wrote:Keeping an eye on it, but not too concerned with this one yet. Looks like it could be a setup where most of the rainfall stays offshore as showers have trouble with onshore flow with dry air across TX.

I'm thinking this could be similar to TS Beta from last year as Beta was dealing with a lot of dry air and wind shear but still managed to drop 10+ inches of rain across SE Texas in areas close to the coast.

West of 45 there might not be much rain. As of now I’d say the Golden Triangle area would be in the bullseye for the highest totals. Now if this system would go in more towards central Texas then all of southeast TX would be in for some high totals.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#73 Postby cycloneye » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:04 pm

It will be 94L as 93L has been tagged for African Wave.
0 likes   

tropicwatch
Category 5
Category 5

#74 Postby tropicwatch » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:00 pm

cycloneye wrote:It will be 94L as 93L has been tagged for African Wave.

Anybody know why it hasn't been tagged already?
0 likes   
Tropicwatch

Agnes 72', Eloise 75, Elena 85', Kate 85', Charley 86', Florence 88', Beryl 94', Dean 95', Erin 95', Opal 95', Earl 98', Georges 98', Ivan 2004', Arlene 2005', Dennis 2005', Ida 2009' Debby 2012' Irma 2017' Michael 2018'

xironman
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#75 Postby xironman » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:00 pm

42055 is keeping it up with westerly winds. Campeche's pressures are quite low.

https://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page. ... tion=42055
1 likes   

lsuhurricane
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#76 Postby lsuhurricane » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:07 pm

Ummmm, this GFS run literally parallels the TX coast and becomes a hurricane. Baffling run to run consistently.
0 likes   

IcyTundra
Category 3
Category 3

#77 Postby IcyTundra » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:08 pm

18Z GFS :eek:

0 likes   

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#78 Postby SoupBone » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:09 pm

IcyTundra wrote:18Z GFS :eek:

https://i.imgur.com/0u4h2oy.gif

Well that's just great. :grr:
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

IcyTundra
Category 3
Category 3

#79 Postby IcyTundra » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:11 pm

Maybe we shouldn't write this one off as weak TS. Waters are plenty warm to support intensification and if it can find a pocket of lower wind shear I can see it getting stronger than expected.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#80 Postby cycloneye » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:11 pm

Weathernerds has a floater for this area. Not a invest yet but getting closer to be one.

1 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”