Pictures of Hurricane Katrina and the Aftermath

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

beachbum_al
Category 5
Category 5

Pictures of Hurricane Katrina and the Aftermath

#1 Postby beachbum_al » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:03 am

First let me stress that we were very lucky. There was damage along the Eastern Shore but so far no deaths. I almost feel guilty posting these because so many people in Mobile area, Mississsippi, and Louisana lost everything including their love ones. But this is what Hurricane Katrina did to the Causeway going to Mobile from Daphne, Daphne, Montrose, Fairhope, Point Clear area. I have never seen Mobile Bay look like this. Just unbelievable. I don't have pictures of the Grand Hotel in Point Clear but the reports are not good. I know HWY 1 in Point Clear was badly damage. My neighbor has a house there.

Here are the pictures. And if anyone would like to use them on their website or for educational reason please email me and I will let you.

By the way the pictures taken during the storm was by my husband. He was at work and was trying to make sure everyone was okay. Looks like people took his warning of getting out of their house! I am so happy they did because it could had been a situation worse than what the pictures are showing. These things can be replaced but life can not.!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/beachbum1970al/my_photos
0 likes   

beachbum_al
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby beachbum_al » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:06 am

I think the link is wrong. Let me try again.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/beachbum1970al

I can't get the link to work. It is on yahoo so if anyone has any ideas let me know. I thought about posting them here but there is so many and I don't want to take up bandwidth on this site.
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”