Can I cry my eyes out now..? :(

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Josephine96

Can I cry my eyes out now..? :(

#1 Postby Josephine96 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:06 pm

I'm not entirely in the mood to hear more about the hurricane.. But this is driving me nuts :cry:

I'm kinda addicted to the media coverage and the need to wanna know more..

But at the same time.. the stories are so heartbreaking and even disturbing..

and on top of that.. Everytime there is a press conference.. the news GETS WORSE..

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: {Ok.. I'm done venting now}
0 likes   

lwg8tr

Re: Can I cry my eyes out now..? :(

#2 Postby lwg8tr » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:09 pm

Josephine96 wrote:I'm not entirely in the mood to hear more about the hurricane.. But this is driving me nuts :cry:

I'm kinda addicted to the media coverage and the need to wanna know more..

But at the same time.. the stories are so heartbreaking and even disturbing..

and on top of that.. Everytime there is a press conference.. the news GETS WORSE..

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: {Ok.. I'm done venting now}

My wife also has stopped watching. Heartbraking, like watching the movie Titantic, except it's not Leo and Kate, it's real people.
0 likes   

ohiostorm
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby ohiostorm » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:09 pm

Yeah especially in NO with the pumps failing and 12 to 15 more feet of water to enter the city.
0 likes   

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby Brent » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:10 pm

It's not even as bad as it's gonna get... I'm trying to watch other programs but I keep getting distracted and my mind keeps wandering back to the news...
0 likes   
#neversummer

TSmith274
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#5 Postby TSmith274 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:10 pm

Hey, you and me both man. Vent by donating whatever you can to the relief effort. I just learned that my house is DRY!!! I'm so happy. I live on the westbank of Orleans Parish. My only concern now is looting, since Fox News just showed people walking accross the bridge to the westbank. But, no water so I'm ok.
But just donate... it will make us all feel better. I have a boat that survived, I am told. So, I'll be heading back asap to help rescue people.
0 likes   

CharleySurvivor
Category 1
Category 1

#6 Postby CharleySurvivor » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:11 pm

If this makes you feel any better... I have been feeling the SAME way since yesterday, worst today. I am sure many more feels the same.

Sending you a BIG hug from Port Charlotte, Florida :cry:
Last edited by CharleySurvivor on Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

scostorms
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#7 Postby scostorms » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:12 pm

My heart is broken, I am only watching coverage to hear about Slidell/Pearl River, Louisiana to hear about what our friends might be facing. Yes, I am addicted to coverage, but I think I need to know this. I have lost it a few times today, just bursts of crying. Yes, a man cries. The only thing that is what keeps me watching is that what happens is what happens. What can we do about it? The people down there knew the risk, and they chose to live with it. I am not good at explaining how I feel, but I can watch it.
0 likes   

WeatherEmperor
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#8 Postby WeatherEmperor » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:13 pm

Im donating $1,000 tonight guys. Was gonna buy a new laptop with that money but screw it. Ill donate it.

<RICKY>
0 likes   

CharleySurvivor
Category 1
Category 1

#9 Postby CharleySurvivor » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:17 pm

I signed up at work to go help.

I went thru Charley and cannot imagine what it must be like there compare to what it was for us here...no comparaison!
0 likes   

therealashe
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#10 Postby therealashe » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:20 pm

I'm also overwhelmed by it all. I lived through Andrew, but I still can't get my mind around the enormity of it all.

New Orleans is gone. Gulfport. Biloxi. Pass Christian. Long Beach.

I want to turn it off, but feel like I need to watch. This is going to take years to recover from.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
0 likes   

Jevo
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#11 Postby Jevo » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:23 pm

This was done by Kevin Cho at radio NHCWX

The high quality is still uploading should be done by 830 EST but the low quality should be done

http://www.darkerprojectsproductions.co ... na_low.wmv - Low Quality Version

http://www.darkerprojectsproductions.co ... a_high.wmv - High Quality Version (large)
0 likes   
Disclaimer: 50% of the time I have no clue of what I am talking about. Chances are I am taking a less than educated guess that sounds good because 10 years ago I stole Mike Watkins book 'The Hurricane and its Impact'. For official information please direct yourself to the NHC and their cadre of weather geniuses.

HeatherAKC
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#12 Postby HeatherAKC » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:10 pm

I'm also an Andrew survivor and am now rendered speechless. This situation is totally different. I just don't know what to say, and am on the verge of tears. I've never seen anything like it.....with the exception of the Christmas Tsunami. But this hits close to home. These storms have always fascinated me, but now they make me sick. I think I need to take a break. I want to help and fix everything. And not being able to makes me crazy.

To think, I was bit*ching about a few downed trees in my yard several days ago. SHAME!

It seems I can't get away from it all, but I must.

God bless all those victims on the Gulf coast!

J96, I understand your sentiments.
0 likes   

cjrciadt
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#13 Postby cjrciadt » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:14 pm

Have not felt this down since 9/11 even including Charley and Frances. The canes give me more stress and grief than pure sadness. :cry:
0 likes   

simplykristi
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#14 Postby simplykristi » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:15 pm

I can't believe what is happening in New Orleans and the areas along the Gulf Coast. It's overwhelming and I live in the middle of the country.

Kristi
0 likes   

BigO
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm
Location: Marietta, GA: Knows what it means to miss New Orleans...

#15 Postby BigO » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:17 pm

Go ahead and cry. I blubbered for a full 10 minutes when I got up this morning and heard the levees were breeching. I t just crushed the last hope I had that we might not lose *everything*.
0 likes   

canegrl04
Category 5
Category 5

#16 Postby canegrl04 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:19 pm

I can't take much more of this either. Its devastating news on top of devastating news all day long.And the entire city of NO will b e submerged under 9 feet of water by tomorrow morning.How many more will die from that ? :( I gotta watch something else on tv :cry:
0 likes   

JuliannaMKH
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#17 Postby JuliannaMKH » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:59 pm

I can't stop watching the news, either. I finally had to walk away from the tv when I finally saw the report on CNN with the man who couldn't hold on to his wife. I just started sobbing at that point. :cry:

It's just so surreal and the news gets worse every time I check here or on television. I just feel so bad for the survivors and the people stuck in those horrible conditions. All I have that is worthwhile are prayers and a donation.
0 likes   

gunner1551
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#18 Postby gunner1551 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:01 pm

WeatherEmperor wrote:Im donating $1,000 tonight guys. Was gonna buy a new laptop with that money but screw it. Ill donate it.

<RICKY>

Props to you man I wish I had that much to give!
0 likes   

EDR1222
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#19 Postby EDR1222 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:04 pm

I also feel like turning it off but at the same time I feel the need to watch. I remember complaning so much after Hurricane Frances last year and the extended power loss at my house. After seeing all this, it makes realize how foolish I was for complaining. I can't even imagine what the people along the Gulf coast must be going through.
0 likes   

sweetpea
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#20 Postby sweetpea » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:38 pm

Hubby and I went out for a few drinks tonite to get away from it all tonite, and it was on in the bar. We are native NY'ers and were heartbroken iwth 9-11 but this is unexplainable. We have wiped out our savings donating for this. But we want to do more. What can we do? help rebuild? Very upset here don't know what to do? Sorry about the rambling.
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”