Possible Thousands of bodies(Unoffical report)

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Matt-hurricanewatcher
Category 5
Category 5

Possible Thousands of bodies(Unoffical report)

#1 Postby Matt-hurricanewatcher » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:21 am

Astonishing Exclusive From Mississippi
Paramedic Rescue Operation | 8-31-05 | My Favorite Headache

It is with heavy heart I write this...

I have finally reconnected with my best friend who is a paramedic who was sent from Georgia 2 days ago to Gulf Port, Mississippi before the hurricane hit.

He just reached me within the last 10 mins via emergency cell phone to tell me he was alive.

Thousands of bodies have been discovered throughout Mississippi in Gulf Port, Waveland,Hancock County,Bay of St.Louis.

They are hanging in trees and they are pulling them out 30 at a time. Entire families found drowned in their homes and washing up on shore.

The stories he could tell me were brief. National Guard is on the scene and arresting anyone seen on the streets.

The numbers are staggering and what I have been told tonight will shake people to their foundation as the numbers will be coming out in the next 24-hours of just how many people have actually perished in these and 3 other beach communities.

More to follow....

I found this news on another message board. Just wented to post this here this is looking very bad.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Last edited by Matt-hurricanewatcher on Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

djtil
Category 2
Category 2

#2 Postby djtil » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:23 am

i hope this is not true fellow freeper....but after seeing the helicopter video today im not so sure it isnt.
0 likes   

DCmetroraleigh

#3 Postby DCmetroraleigh » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:23 am

I hope this is not true. Could you tell us which board?
0 likes   

TSmith274
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby TSmith274 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:24 am

I would wait for AP confirmation of this story. Let's hope this is innacurate.
0 likes   

Matt-hurricanewatcher
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby Matt-hurricanewatcher » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:25 am

0 likes   

crazycajuncane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#6 Postby crazycajuncane » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:25 am

I can imagine.
0 likes   

RichG
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#7 Postby RichG » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:28 am

I don't think this is responsible thread. There is no confirmation on this. While it may be true it just isn't right to put this out based on a posting.
0 likes   

Stratosphere747
Category 5
Category 5

#8 Postby Stratosphere747 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:30 am

BS..

Get a real source first!!!
0 likes   

kevin

#9 Postby kevin » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:30 am

Rumors make it five times around the world before the truth brushes her teeth. While people will lambast as 'you have to know its that bad' and reference common sense, I can only respond that I don't know its that bad. I haven't seen physical evidence or proof. So I must remain skeptical. Otherwise the numbers will go up and up, and afterwards the truth will be muddled.
0 likes   

blueeyes_austin
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#10 Postby blueeyes_austin » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:31 am

I agree with Rich. I think we all have made the grim calculation, silently, in our minds. I don't think this unsourced tale adds information.

I will note, though, that I would have expected the news choppers to have video of corpses hanging from trees and the sych if this story were completely accurate.
0 likes   

Stratosphere747
Category 5
Category 5

#11 Postby Stratosphere747 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:33 am

Change the title of the thread Matt... :grr:
0 likes   

Matt-hurricanewatcher
Category 5
Category 5

#12 Postby Matt-hurricanewatcher » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:35 am

I changed it...But its common since to expect something like this. After the area just got hit with 30 foot walls of water.
0 likes   

Stratosphere747
Category 5
Category 5

#13 Postby Stratosphere747 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:37 am

Matt-hurricanewatcher wrote:I changed it...But its common since to expect something like this. After the area just got hit with 30 foot walls of water.

Possibly Matt...

There are plenty of families out there that are on this board that have loved ones that may be in this area though..
0 likes   

kevin

#14 Postby kevin » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:42 am

Read what I said. You know common sense is very overrated. People's perceptions of things barely ever match the exact reality. This is why when we hear one thing and assume another thing, then pass it on that we heard both the thing we heard and the assumption, we're just hurting the situation.

Everything must be verified. In times of crises even harmless exaggeration can turn into sinister misinformation. Sometimes prompting hysteria. Best to let the news establish facts, though being the news and having to (usually) verify things it takes more time.

imo
0 likes   

MBismyPlayground
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#15 Postby MBismyPlayground » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:44 am

All I can say to that report is......it is more then possible.
If any of you listened to the govenor of this state and some of the somewhat ambiguous statements he made this evening......This man was crying........but I am sure they do not want to create any more panic and chaos then what is already around.
Also, not meaning to sound harsh or insensitive in the least as this has had a profound effect on me as well.....they did mention the wal mart in the area. And the condition of it and the area behind it...Detailed info.
0 likes   

Windy
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#16 Postby Windy » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:46 am

Don't get me wrong, but freepers aren't exactly known for accuracy in news reporting. I have a hard time ever using anything from that site as a primary source for anything.

This is not to say that I think this is impossible; in fact, I think in the end the bodycount will be in the thousands, especially after they go through NOLA. Estimates were for 25,000 to 100,000 dead after this scenario, and I see no reason to think that 25,000+ is an unreasonable number.

But you can't really report a death toll like that until it comes out.
0 likes   

MBismyPlayground
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#17 Postby MBismyPlayground » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:49 am

Very true about the free republic but the info I heard was straight from a news station report and some town governing folk. Even though the guy on FP was definitly way more detailed, it still sorta matches what has been said within other news reports.
0 likes   

StrongWind
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#18 Postby StrongWind » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:03 am

I really pray this is not true. Just to refresh peoples' memories - after the hurricanes last year, there were rumors of massive deaths, secret convoys of unmarked refrigerator morgue trucks, government coverups...
0 likes   

gunner1551
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#19 Postby gunner1551 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:17 am

I think I will come to the aid of Matt on this one. In reference to the helicopter not showing dead bodies, why would they?? That would make everyones blood pressure go up another 20 notches. Almost all news reporters have givin reports of then having to push away dead bodies to get to the living. We havent seen one clip of those bodies floatin, but the reporters said they are there. There are limits to what they will show on national tv. Those amount of deaths are completly with in reason. Lets hope the death totals are lower
0 likes   

THead
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#20 Postby THead » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:22 am

StrongWind wrote:I really pray this is not true. Just to refresh peoples' memories - after the hurricanes last year, there were rumors of massive deaths, secret convoys of unmarked refrigerator morgue trucks, government coverups...

Heard the exact same rumors after Andrew too, although after looking at all the news footage up and down the coast, this seems entirely possible, unless everyone totally evac'd......and we know that didn't happen.

:(
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”