Rita Cosby On MSNBC Is.....

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Homey
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

Rita Cosby On MSNBC Is.....

#1 Postby Homey » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:36 am

.....absolutely pathetic! She is terribly misinformed, rude, and unprofessional. She was just talking with two Alabama officials about lutting and price gouging. She was showing footage of looting in New Orleans and telling the Alabama officials how terrible it is that they would let this type behavior occur in their state!

Again, she is pittiful. Maybe that's why she is not on until after midnight!
0 likes   

gratefulnole
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

Re: Rita Cosby On MSNBC Is.....

#2 Postby gratefulnole » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:40 am

Homey wrote:.....absolutely pathetic! She is terribly misinformed, rude, and unprofessional. She was just talking with two Alabama officials about lutting and price gouging. She was showing footage of looting in New Orleans and telling the Alabama officials how terrible it is that they would let this type behavior occur in their state!

Again, she is pittiful. Maybe that's why she is not on until after midnight!

It is a rerun from earlier this evening. Worse part is that she is reporting from Aruba.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#3 Postby cycloneye » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:13 am

Well simply when you see her again you have the option to change channels.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

cflweather
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#4 Postby cflweather » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:20 am

YES. I saw her last night. Jusy awful. I HAD to change the channel.
0 likes   

Miss Mary

#5 Postby Miss Mary » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:26 am

Question - is the the blonde with a deep, husky voice? Unfamiliar with MSNBC anchors b/c we usually don't receive that channel (have lowest Satellite tier). But they gave to us for free right now.

M.
0 likes   

Homey
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#6 Postby Homey » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:29 am

CYCLONEYE...............I realize that I have that option. My point was that this is a most desperate situation and people are literally dieing awaiting truthful information on when help is coming and all she is doing is trying to sensationalize the situation for ratings with total disregard for the facts!!!!! She never "let's the facts get in the way of a good story"!

Sorry if I hit a nerve with you!
0 likes   

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#7 Postby wx247 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:29 am

Miss Mary wrote:Question - is the the blonde with a deep, husky voice? Unfamiliar with MSNBC anchors b/c we usually don't receive that channel (have lowest Satellite tier). But they gave to us for free right now.

M.

Yes... and I actually happen to like her. She at least appears to be compassionate. Some others appear like granite/stone when anchoring like Chris Matthews.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

BaltimoreGirl
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#8 Postby BaltimoreGirl » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:34 am

Miss Mary wrote:Question - is the the blonde with a deep, husky voice?

Yes, that's her. AFAIK, she wasn't very professional in that interview. She was badgering those 2 officials from Alabama, I have to wonder what she was trying to have them say. I did turn the channel when she started the same thing on the LA Governor.
0 likes   

natmicstef
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#9 Postby natmicstef » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:35 am

cycloneye wrote:Well simply when you see her again you have the option to change channels.

And I do...as soon as I see her face or hear or voice...whichever comes first!
0 likes   

Miss Mary

#10 Postby Miss Mary » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:37 am

She was okay and horrified at looting as we were. The way I saw it, she was just doing her job. I often wonder what officials say to eachother after an interview is over - I never got to say what I wanted to! Or can you believe the questions this one asked us?

Mary
0 likes   

gtalum
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#11 Postby gtalum » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:39 am

I was watching her last night and couldn't help but think "what a moron". She was attacking Alabama government officials for looting, as she was showing a tape of looting in New Orleans. Stupid.
0 likes   

Persepone
Category 2
Category 2

#12 Postby Persepone » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:57 am

When you see this stupid stuff on the news, perhaps it is most appropriate to complain to the network, the local station relaying the coverage, and (if you subscribe to cable, perhaps your cable company). Tell them what is WRONG with the coverage and what the stupidity is.

I don't know if there is direct cause and effect, but shortly after contacting one of our local stations and the network they stopped replaying some really stupid coverage here and shortly after we got very different looks at the magnitude of the flooding, etc. Much more in line with what was previously available only via Storm2K and some of the links to local radio and TV, etc.

I have to say we are only beginning to see the magnitude of the disaster on local broadcast TV--and we are still seeing Monday morning footage on some stations... But at least some of the more stupid stuff is disappearing off the TV.

My impression is that with Katrina (and in general with storm coverage this season) we have seen a lot fewer shots of reporters standing on beaches showing how strong the wind is--they are not all gone--but there seemed to be a lot more intelligent, thoughful and not grandstanding reporters this time. Also, most of them announced they were moving to safer places, etc. and did so.

A "political" aside. Those Coast Guard helicopter guys in New Orleans pulling people off rooftops are from our Otis Airforce Base that is being closed. When the base closes, that Coast Guard operation is also likely to go--and perhaps one of the reasons it should not is that we have lots of situations where they get deployed here where the work that type of tight formation rescue that they have a bunch of practice. In an awful lot of cases if someone is seriously ill or injured (especially on the islands) those are the guys who pluck them to safety--we are a "water" community, after all. Perhaps this disaster speaks to reasons not to consolidate bases because conditions in different parts of the country provide practice with unique or unusual types of skills that people would just not get elsewhere and that show their value in situations like this. While I guess all helicopter rescue units can "train" for those types of rescue, our guys have lots of practice and perhaps that does matter in situations like this.

That is another situation where complaints to the right people might be in order.
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”