French Quarter

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

French Quarter

#1 Postby CajunMama » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:08 pm

Parts of the FQ are high and dry. My sister in law has a house down there on Burgundy (but lives here). She actually spoke with her neighbor who lives across the street. They can receive calls on their landlines but can't call out. The only damage that she knows of to her house is a couple of flower pots knocked over. Many people stayed in their homes in the FQ.
0 likes   

PTrackerLA
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby PTrackerLA » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:09 pm

I don't think St. Charles street ever flooded either, they were predicting 9 ft. of water last night.
0 likes   

jasons2k
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#3 Postby jasons2k » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:12 pm

They unfortunately still need to evacuate. There is no means to get them food and running water. I am so glad that some homes managed to make it but the people staying in them need to realize they are endangering their health and lives by staying. The city as a whole is deteriorating and will soon be full of disease and filth.
0 likes   

stormie_skies
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby stormie_skies » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:20 pm

Did they ever put out the fire at Canal and Bourbon? Does anyone know??? I know people were worried about it spreading.....
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”