Looking for some new features for the newsletter???

If you don't read these, it's your own fault. They will be enforced by the staff. You will also find Management Announcements & S2K Gatherings here

Moderator: S2k Moderators

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#21 Postby mf_dolphin » Tue May 06, 2003 11:56 am

Steve, maybe you and Ticka (Editor) can get together and pick one (or several :-) ) of your topics for a regular column. Those are great ideas! :-) If we need to we can always add a "Skyman's Page" to the newsletter!
0 likes   

#22 Postby Guest » Tue May 06, 2003 11:59 am

Steve,

Would you be interested in doing an article for the newsletter? I love all your topics/columns and think that any one of those would be great in the newsletter. Let me know if you are interested and I'll add you to my list.

Patricia
0 likes   

Stephanie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#23 Postby Stephanie » Tue May 06, 2003 12:06 pm

mf_dolphin wrote:Steve, maybe you and Ticka (Editor) can get together and pick one (or several :-) ) of your topics for a regular column. Those are great ideas! :-) If we need to we can always add a "Skyman's Page" to the newsletter!

"Skyman's Page"! What a wonderful idea!!! :D

Annabelle's gonna want her own too you know, she bein' a ho and all! :lol:
0 likes   

Rainband

#24 Postby Rainband » Tue May 06, 2003 5:18 pm

Awesome!!!!!!! to say the least..Great idea's STEVE!!!! :wink:
0 likes   

azskyman
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#25 Postby azskyman » Tue May 06, 2003 10:42 pm

Hey guys...I feel my head puffin' up!

I'm heading to IL Wednesday, but will be in touch via my laptop through the week. I'll give some consideration Ticka1, and let you know. Mostly, I don't want to do anything that will diminish the value of all of your work...but I learned, after putting together 14 years worth of publications every month, that it is one heck of a commitment to try to do by yourself.

Let me catch my breath when I get to IL, and I'll drop another note soon on the topic.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.
0 likes   

JQ Public
Category 5
Category 5

#26 Postby JQ Public » Wed May 07, 2003 12:26 am

You'll do a great job steve! I hope you can find the time to do it!
0 likes   

#27 Postby Guest » Thu May 08, 2003 1:24 am

I see alot of good ideas here..............One that i have relates to the months past weather events.........Such as mentioning members areas that seen severe wx or a cane...More or less any type of severe weather event which should also help with getting more people to post about weather events in thier area on here...........And seeing how i have a topic in the weather lore, Stories and history forum about weather events i have been through. I think members accounts of past weather events is a good idea as well.............Either way i hope this helps and it along with the rest of the ideas should keep alot of the members involved as well which imo is good for all at storm2k...... :D
0 likes   

isobar
Category 5
Category 5

#28 Postby isobar » Fri May 09, 2003 10:50 am

I like that idea a lot, KOW.
0 likes   

weatherlover427

#29 Postby weatherlover427 » Fri May 09, 2003 8:25 pm

How are the members picked for the secret MOTM?
0 likes   

azskyman
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#30 Postby azskyman » Mon May 26, 2003 11:05 pm

I'd like to give a column a try. Before I do, however, I'd ask the leadership if there are any specific needs you are hoping to fill.

Personally, while weather is something that defines who I am in many ways, I'd love writing about the people on this board who have come to this place because of the weather itself.

And maybe, just maybe, I'd like to try my hand at some one column short stories about people and their weather experiences...inspired by real events.

How about I prepare a sample of each and send it on to the powers-to-be for their evaluation. They can then give me a green light...or they can throw it in the trash...and there will be no harm done whatsoever.

Something to gain and nothing to lose.
0 likes   

#31 Postby Guest » Tue May 27, 2003 9:20 am

Azskyman,

As you are the one with the idea's flowing - write what you feel passionate about - whether it be the weather, people's experiences or etc. I try to have a theme or topic for each newsletter - with that I let everyone come up with their own articles.

Please submit your articles to ticka1@storm2k.org

I am glad you have decided to join us at the newsletter team.

Patricia
0 likes   

azskyman
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#32 Postby azskyman » Wed May 28, 2003 9:47 am

I'll have some time to work on a couple of samples over the next few days. I'll send them your way.

Thanks for the opportunity.
0 likes   

Rainband

#33 Postby Rainband » Wed May 28, 2003 10:04 am

Thank you!!!! & Welcome to the Newsletter staff!!! :wink:
0 likes   

Return to “Storm2K Rules & Announcements”